• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What improvements could be made if noob produced a new FC diver

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
Hi just noticed that I am regularly only looking at the divers in the ap section ..seeing that noob v4 forged carbon is currently out of stock and I have had an sold the jf v5 was just thinking if the did produce an updated version what improvements could be made on what was already a very gd close to gen rep ootb...

Cheers

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Dial pattern. For me, that is the thing that really stands out on both the SS and FC divers and screams rep.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
The lume construction on the bezel.. Unfortunately i dont think that is possible for rep factories :/

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
They'd be very minor changes I would imagine - but maybe better AR on the crystal, I hear the latest Jfac crystals are very good.

I hope they don't bring out an open caseback model if they do make a new version.

But i've been hearing rumors that Noob are stopping any new ROO production

pbarsenal1

21/1/15
Yes don't think they will bring out an open case back as not as per gen so just be silly !..let's wait and see regarding noob if not fingers crossed for jf making good and making a white hour hand ..those new batches of the ceramic diver they have done look really poor

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Yes don't think they will bring out an open case back as not as per gen so just be silly !..let's wait and see regarding noob if not fingers crossed for jf making good and making a white hour hand ..those new batches of the ceramic diver they have done look really poor

Does the newly released FC Diver not have an open caseback?

I thought the latest gen divers all switched to open caseback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Inner bezel numerals's font
Vertical ceramic bezel brush
Smaller bezel's screws holes
Better cyclops
Better Xtal

BuddhistGirafe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/13
I would just love to see a new one produced (hopefully with improvements) but regardless I want one.

PAM721

Horology Curious
13/7/15
Very certain that Noob is still in the game.

Hopefully the V6 diver will be the ultimate FC diver.

umaxim

13/6/15
Yeah this one we are all waiting for... Noob is going to make TONNES of $ on this model! Saving my x2 AR for that one, as SS V7 is pretty impressive right out the box.

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Funny how opinions where mixed when both FC Divers were released; you had the JF camp & the Noob camp. Now it seems Noob is victor in FC Diver & ceramic Diver.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Yeah this one we are all waiting for... Noob is going to make TONNES of $ on this model! Saving my x2 AR for that one, as SS V7 is pretty impressive right out the box.

Are you sure your double AR crystal will fit in the ceramic bezel? I could be wrong but as I understand it, the crystal edge shape is slightly different for carbon/ceramic bezels. There is a post on it somewhere you should probably check out.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Are you sure your double AR crystal will fit in the ceramic bezel? I could be wrong but as I understand it, the crystal edge shape is slightly different for carbon/ceramic bezels. There is a post on it somewhere you should probably check out.

It fits...
The Divers with ceramic bezel have different construction. The Xtal is pressed in a ring (under the bezel) and not floated as on ROO with cermet or ceramic bezel ;)

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
It fits...
The Divers with ceramic bezel have different construction. The Xtal is pressed in a ring (under the bezel) and not floated as on ROO with cermet or ceramic bezel ;)

That's what I mean though. If he has a crystal for an SS diver I thought it won't fit on the ceramic bezel FC diver. Right?

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
That's what I mean though. If he has a crystal for an SS diver I thought it won't fit on the ceramic bezel FC diver. Right?

It fits bro. They use the same Xtal.
On SS bezel, the Xtal is pressed directly on bezel. While on ceramic bezel, the Xtal is always pressed but on a ring under the bezel.
The Xtal is the same ;)

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
It fits bro. They use the same Xtal.
On SS bezel, the Xtal is pressed directly on bezel. While on ceramic bezel, the Xtal is always pressed but on a ring under the bezel.
The Xtal is the same ;)

Ohhhh I see! I was always under the impression that the crystal had a slightly different shape around the edge! Thanks for clearing that up [emoji23]

PAM721

Horology Curious
13/7/15
The FC Diver "V6" looks good. The hands look very white.

No need for Noob V4 anymore.