• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bond Spectre Aqua Terra

choweg

Horology Curious
20/6/15
Yeah, I'd like to see a review on this one, as I am on the fence about it.

Thatman

2/11/14
So this pic doesn't do it justice. But in the flesh (well through a window) it's bloody gorgeous. The dial on the rep looks some way off, but I'll reserve judgement till I see some real world shots of the rep.

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Mine is sitting at the post office so I can't get it until Monday when I get back in town. Will post photos early next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Mine is sitting at the post office so I can't get it until Monday when I get back in town. Will post photos early next week

Thanks Jack,

I have Lucy on hold pending your report...

D

d4m.test

I love the gen's box and spare strap, would look very casual on that. Any chance of rep makers coming up with that strap?

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
I love the gen's box and spare strap, would look very casual on that. Any chance of rep makers coming up with that strap?

They don't make the fabric strap on the BlackBay so probably not.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
So this pic doesn't do it justice. But in the flesh (well through a window) it's bloody gorgeous. The dial on the rep looks some way off, but I'll reserve judgement till I see some real world shots of the rep.

Badass...maybe one day!

choweg

Horology Curious
20/6/15
LOL I am on the same boat, looking over and over to see this review.

Russ99

Known Member
2/6/13
I've finally picked up my gen of this one. Been saving for ages to get it. Happy to post any pics for comparison when the review gets posted up.

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
!st of all, thanks for being patient. I want to give a few disclaimers and caveats. 1st off I have never seen the gen so check out with this link to see what we are looking at:

http://www.watch-insider.com/news/omega-seamaster-aqua-terra-james-bond-limited-edition-baselworld-2015-life-taken-pictures-of-the-watch/

I have a number of super reps (BPFF CrPO etc) as well as some mid range. I also have several high end reps. The reason I preface is that you can poo on any rep when you put a loupe on it or take micro photos. Overall this is a stunner. It's the colors that turn me on. The overall look and feel of this is great. All the negative comments on the forum so far a generally irrelevant if you are reviewing what this looks like to the naked eye and on the wrist.

The yellow second hand with the coat of arms looks like a regular old second hand with a nice arrow. Yes you can see it up close in my photos but with 20/20 vision you see a fluid design on the wrist. You can't tell what it is

The dial turns color depending on the angle and has a nice 3D effect. The case and bracelet feel really nice

One problem out of the box is that the rotor gets stuck with the crown screwed down. My watch guy can probably fix it. This is the 3rd rep I have had with rotor issues. Either way it looks really cool. When is the last time someone had you take your watch off and inspect it?

Bracelet and clasp are nicer than expected

A/R is probably off but not to a distraction

So far overall thoughts are that I would like to see the gen because I'd consider it based on my attraction to the watch. Sophisticated and vintage. I consider this a mid to high end rep but not a super rep. I won't be kicking this uot of my box unless I buy a gen

gtanak

I'm Pretty Popular
24/5/10
Let's get a gen /rep comparison up right now,

This is not a signature

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
Thanks for sharing with us and I think it looks stunning. I would be very happy with that on my wrist! Wear it in good health.

frakius

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/15
Thanks for the review, looks really good, been looking at the Aqua Terra models recently and this one really is unique and eye catching.

choweg

Horology Curious
20/6/15
Excellent review and very detailed pictures, looking for the gen pics too!

Russ99

Known Member
2/6/13
Wow, that's pretty good. I'll try and post some gen pics along the same lines as above. That said I'd struggle to tell the difference on those piccies