• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen 295c Crystal Questions

Trip_Machine

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/13
So, it was not actually specified as gen. Just a GMTIIC crystal with AR?

My guess is it's possibly a Big Crown AR'd crystal, same as I have on my GMTIIC.

Oops, sorry for the confusion -- I was just referring to a gen crystal I found on TRF. It looks similar to mine which is why I thought it would make for a good reference. I do think it is a gen GMTIIc crystal

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
The rainbow effect on the cyclops would suggest it is rep to me, as I understand it that is often the product of poor glue used by the factories, at least that is BK's theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
Man this is old thread but I can't believe that no one understood the xtal is gen service before the ar version!
Plain and simple never saw rep xtal with service s in crown lec!

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Man this is old thread but I can't believe that no one understood the xtal is gen service before the ar version!
Plain and simple never saw rep xtal with service s in crown lec!

This would be true but the OP states that his does not have the S and that they're not his pictures

Interesting thread!

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
Ok late when I read it thought those were his pics! Have you ever seen s lec rep or aftermarket xtal?

Nope not personally and I would be very surprised if they did exist!

Even though it's an old thread OPs crystal has me scratching my head, though I'd be inclined to say rep as the cyclops doesn't look as sharp as my gen one, it has blue AR and the LEC looks very good but a little "patchy"