• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie here... Finding this to already be a addicting hobby

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
I am new to the replica watch hobby and as you can see, I have a liking to Omega styles and have already found myself becoming addicted to them. I started with the Omega 50th Ann. 007 and when I received it, I was stunned at how well made it was and the feel of it. I even had a reputable jeweler remove links as I was anxious to begin wearing it and she even thought it was real. That got me hooked line and sinker let me tell you.

Ordered the other two I had been looking at which is the newer style GMT and also the GMT Orange bezel with the stitched rubber band. Both also are great to wear and I now find myself trying to give equal attention to all 3, almost like kids.

Anyway, I wish I had gotten on this site and set up the Tapatalk app on my iPad, iPhone earlier as I am sure I would have learned a lot more before jumping in on my purchases but at least I am happy with what I have received so far and the mechanical aspects of the watch, time keeping and GMT functions are all working well.

Just wanted to introduce myself again as a newbie to this whole replica watch hobby and share my 3 babies with you.

f8ca0b0bd0f93113b7d45d8ba907652b.jpg

cmaster

6/9/13
Nice one!

You'll soon have fewer cents in your pocket and a busier mailman...

Wear em well

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Yep you will soon know your mailman first name route schedule and he will be dropping by twice a day if you share a common interest. My mailman and I talk about motorcycle engine technology. I think he knows more than i

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

malevolent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/1/15
Nice one!

You'll soon have fewer cents in your pocket and a busier mailman...

Wear em well

Ain't that the truth... I'm feeling the burn in my pocket haha.
I've had about a rep per day lately.

cmaster

6/9/13
Ain't that the truth... I'm feeling the burn in my pocket haha.
I've had about a rep per day lately.

Lol, but remember what another correspondent said on another thread: its a marathon not a sprint...

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
I seem to be learning that quickly. I have a Rolex DeepSea on the way now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonman4

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/13
Big Apple
Nice. I love the 50th anniversary. Have one from WBK that I'm now selling because the DSSD makes it feel so tiny now haha. You'll see what I mean once you get yours.

Naptime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/4/15
Nice, you're switching it up from the omegas already. I really like your black seamaster. I think it's an absolute classic.

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
Hello Malevolent. I'm actually awaiting the DeepSea with the half blue face. Should be a fun watch to wear.

Conquerer

27/5/15
Nice, I like your style. I'm also an Omega man. I have a gen SMP 300m and a rep 45mm CrPO. Got a 42mm V5 PO on the way and will be getting a 45mm blue TiPO (w/ blue strap) and an LMPO if they really are coming back. I'm just obsessed with the PO tbqh.

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
Thank you all. I am excited to see that my Rolex DeepSea Sea Dweller DSSD has already made it to the U.S. Yay! This will be my first attempt at using the EMS service so fingers crossed it clears customs as well. DHL however was super fast!
317c1d22b78777270a82115d6ea379a2.jpg

RichRobby

Renowned Member
1/5/15
Nice, I like your style. I'm also an Omega man. I have a gen SMP 300m and a rep 45mm CrPO. Got a 42mm V5 PO on the way and will be getting a 45mm blue TiPO (w/ blue strap) and an LMPO if they really are coming back. I'm just obsessed with the PO tbqh.

Nice

Is the TiPO the one with non working sub dials? Do they do a working one?

Conquerer

27/5/15
Nice

Is the TiPO the one with non working sub dials? Do they do a working one?

The blue bezel/dial one is the TiPO -- chrono or non-chrono. BP's version has the faux hour/min counter. Marvellous Replica does have a version with the working right subdial but it's minutes instead of mins/hours, and it's not a great rep from looking at it (pearl, case dimensions, etc.).

Would love to pick up a TiPO with a fully working chrono but it doesn't seem there's one on the market, at least a proper one. Real shame cause it's a stunning model.

gackt13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/14
I hate to break this to you bro but you need to be a little bit more careful about showing the display casebacks of Omegas with Co-axial movements to anyone who even has the slightest interest or knowledge about Omega.

Real Co-axial movements have black escapements and barrels that are super easy to tell. You don't even need to be an expert who memorized how the movement looks like or with a loupe to tell a rep from a real Omega.

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
I hate to break this to you bro but you need to be a little bit more careful about showing the display casebacks of Omegas with Co-axial movements to anyone who even has the slightest interest or knowledge about Omega.

Real Co-axial movements have black escapements and barrels that are super easy to tell. You don't even need to be an expert who memorized how the movement looks like or with a loupe to tell a rep from a real Omega.

Thats why if it has a clear caseback (except for the 111), I skip it.