• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spotting a REP Is near impossible

JeffSpicoli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/15
And we guys are just as bad at being subtle at staring at a wrist as we are at staring at big tits!

So true!

I have a hard time finding a logo on a watch on someones wrist if I don't recognize it immediately. There's just too much movement, your head looks like the people at a tennis match.

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
So do most notice the tities first or the watch first?! :laugh:

kp323

Renowned Member
1/3/15
Why be subtle at looking at the titties? Stare at it, make a compliment and smile.

just don't grab it without permission and it's all good.:punk::punk:

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I have a lot of gens or fakes or whatever in my line of work. Being a Dr it's the nature of work. But we all just stare and smile at each other.

But I'm young so I'm judge constantly and I know it.. But it's cool. Especially when I'm dresses casual not dressed up. But whatever! My favorite was when I was wearing my gen Sub, in board shorts, tank top, and unloading my surf board, someone commented on the watch. He said something like, nice rep where'd you get it? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
I have a lot of gens or fakes or whatever in my line of work. Being a Dr it's the nature of work. But we all just stare and smile at each other.

But I'm young so I'm judge constantly and I know it.. But it's cool. Especially when I'm dresses casual not dressed up. But whatever! My favorite was when I was wearing my gen Sub, in board shorts, tank top, and unloading my surf board, someone commented on the watch. He said something like, nice rep where'd you get it? Lol

Now that's ignorant. I would never call someone out unless I absolutely %100 knew it was a rep and even the I probably wouldn't because that shows a total lack of class

gdgtman

14/6/15

Wow what a douche bag that guy was. Unless he was like hovering over you for a few minutes staring closely and examining it to know for sure.

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
When I am stuck on the train here in Tokyo with nothing else to do I will spot watches.
Most of if not all are gens that I can see: Rolex (lots), Omega, Hublot, Panerai, AP, IWC.
However it's only because it is close quarters and people aren't able to move that I can determine as such.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Now that's ignorant. I would never call someone out unless I absolutely %100 knew it was a rep and even the I probably wouldn't because that shows a total lack of class

Wow what a douche bag that guy was. Unless he was like hovering over you for a few minutes staring closely and examining it to know for sure.

Yeah, It was really uncalled for. But, I can say I saved up money in College to buy it second hand from the dealer. So, i said in a annoyed tone the name of the store. He looked at me and walked away. So clearly he was just a douchebag.

When I am stuck on the train here in Tokyo with nothing else to do I will spot watches.
Most of if not all are gens that I can see: Rolex (lots), Omega, Hublot, Panerai, AP, IWC.
However it's only because it is close quarters and people aren't able to move that I can determine as such.

I as well have this time on the subway in Manhattan. I however, don't have the eye most of you have. I'm slowly getting it, but for now I have no clue :)

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
Man, I've developed a pretty good eye in the wild. However, I recently ventures in Hong Kong, and that is just wrist shot overload. Just impossible to identify every nice watch you see since there is one on EVERY wrist.

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
My favorite is when I spot a 16610LN or 116610LN with polished midlinks. Some people are unaware of the actual offerings of Rolex