• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacing noob V5 A2836 movement with ETA 2836-2

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
Hi all,

Im thinking of replacing my A2836 movement with ETA 2836 from otto frei.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html

Anyone have any idea if I need to change the date wheel in order for the date to appear correctly in the middle of the date window?

Any comments? Thanks!

D

d4m.test

At $240 it´s double what an Asian move costs but nevertheless... A TC movement would be fine and costs some $130. For the ETA I imagine You need a TC Dwo to have the best.
What I am interested in is what will be an exact 1:1 replacement once You are finished and I am not sure about any of the 2 above being on level with the tube etc. Good luck:)

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
If you were to replace your A2836 with a swiss 2836, you would need to transplant the DWO onto the swiss datewheel, or transplant the entire Asian datewheel with DWO onto your new swiss movement.
That is providing that the DWO that you currently have on your A2836 is printed with proper alignment.

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
At $240 it´s double what an Asian move costs but nevertheless... A TC movement would be fine and costs some $130. For the ETA I imagine You need a TC Dwo to have the best.
What I am interested in is what will be an exact 1:1 replacement once You are finished and I am not sure about any of the 2 above being on level with the tube etc. Good luck:)

Should I get a TC movement instead? Will it fit into the noob V5 case

If you were to replace your A2836 with a swiss 2836, you would need to transplant the DWO onto the swiss datewheel, or transplant the entire Asian datewheel with DWO onto your new swiss movement.
That is providing that the DWO that you currently have on your A2836 is printed with proper alignment.

My DWO is screwed up and its not printed correctly either. I would need a TC DWO right?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Tc 2824 will not line up and put pressure on the stem. Another choice would be a sellita sw220 which is a direct 2836 copy with an extra jewel.
Tc overlay is the way to go.

vegasbaby

11/3/14
Anyone know if there is a tutorial on how to install a TC or BK DWO on an A2836?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
Tc 2824 will not line up and put pressure on the stem. Another choice would be a sellita sw220 which is a direct 2836 copy with an extra jewel.
Tc overlay is the way to go.

Which TC DWO should i be getting for a subC? the V4 DWO?

are you having trouble with the a2836?

Anyways Egroegart, my date is not clicking on 12 mn. It rolls down instead. Any idea what when wrong?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
V4 buddy is the only good one tc supplies. Ignore older versions.

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
Anyone know if there is a tutorial on how to install a TC or BK DWO on an A2836?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a tutorial for it. But it's pretty straight forward.

1. Open the case back
2. Remove crown and movement
3. Remove hands followed by dial
4. You should see the date wheel with DWO glued on to it
5. Pry the DWO apart from the date wheel with a craft knife or thin blade
6. Glue the DWO onto the date wheel with slow drying glue.
7. Use a DWO alignment tool to align the date wheel, then let it dry before reinstalling everything.

I bought a rolex DWO alignment frame together with a ETA 2836 movement holder for DWO alignment frame from Sculpteo.
This tool allows the DWO to be aligned in 5 positions. very useful.

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
I don't think there is a tutorial for it. But it's pretty straight forward.

1. Open the case back
2. Remove crown and movement
3. Remove hands followed by dial
4. You should see the date wheel with DWO glued on to it
5. Pry the DWO apart from the date wheel with a craft knife or thin blade
6. Glue the DWO onto the date wheel with slow drying glue.
7. Use a DWO alignment tool to align the date wheel, then let it dry before reinstalling everything.

I bought a rolex DWO alignment frame together with a ETA 2836 movement holder for DWO alignment frame from Sculpteo.
This tool allows the DWO to be aligned in 5 positions. very useful.

Milk, any idea how do i fix the non-jumping date issue?

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
Does the date jump when you use the quick set date on the crown 2nd position? It could be the date wheel teeth have jumped out.

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
Does the date jump when you use the quick set date on the crown 2nd position? It could be the date wheel teeth have jumped out.

no, it doesnt jump on the 2nd crown position. do you have any pictures I can follow?

cosmicgate

16/9/13
You guys want to hear something funy?

The current V5 already HAS AN EXISTING DWO glued ON TOP OF THE ORIGINAL A2836 DWO, LOL!!! My date was sticking (The date didn't fully turn, but it was hanging/sticking a bit) so i opened up to find that the glued overlay was rubbing the back of the dial so it didn't really engage properly. LOL, mind you this was a new V5, totally unopened still with the wrappings and holograms untouched.

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
[MENTION=71656]cosmicgate[/MENTION] Yea, I know that already when i opened up my V5. Haha. The glued on DWO suck... the printing of it comes out easily. I accidentally scrape the number "3" out. Now I need TC v4 DWO

Leronira

Known Member
22/12/14
In that case, your date wheel is probably out of the spring.

Check out this assembly tutorial I made for the 2824, which is identical to the 2836, as it doesn't have the day wheel mechanisms.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/211263-Assemble-2824-2-movement-step-by-step

But you'll need basic knowledge and tools to open up the case back, remove the hands, remove the dial, and then putting everything back.

I have all the required tools to open up a watch. The only thing im lacking is basic knowledge. Haha. Either I make it or screw the watch up. If i screw it up, guess i will just get an ETA 2836. I guess screwing things up is the only way to learn. Haha