• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GEN v REP Bumblebee Comparison

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
A nice little read I found !!

Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee Chronograph

Imagine the gleam of wet asphalt; watch the darkness come to life, revealing all the black grains of the surfaces, the lines, the curves. But something is moving, so wake up and take a closer look at the bright yellow headlight cutting through the darkness. Other shades of yellow emerge, like the countless eyes and tones of the urban landscape. You can make out the criss-cross pattern of the intersecting roads. Change the focal distance, and suddenly you grasp that you at the wheel of car, driving at dizzying speed, with time calling out to you from your wrist as it rushes past on a matt-black instrument that blends into the night. There is a touch of all that in the inimitable recently released Royal Oak OffshoreChronograph.

A few grams of carbon

The case features the intriguing mottled black shade of forged carbon, an ultra-light and highly resistant material developed exclusively by Audemars Piguet, from the production method through to the actual tools. After several years of research and development in aviation as well as in the automobile industry and the nautical world, it was first introduced in the 2007 Royal Oak Offshore Alinghi TeamChronograph. This material featured the application of forging technology to the machining of carbon. The complex shapes of the Royal Oak Offshoreare achieved by means of a steel die.

A set of carbon wires is placed inside the die. Measuring a mere one or two millimetres in diameter, this wire is itself composed of several thousand 7-micron carbon fibres held together by a resin wire. The die is then compressed at a high temperature under pressures of over 300 kilos per cm2. Audemars Piguet thereby demonstrates the full range of its machining expertise, acquired through years of practice in the making of carbon movement bridges and plates. The inside of the case and the correction of the various drilled holes are thus duly completed and the final result features sharp angles, a silky touch and a sturdy yet light stature.

High-tech performance

The resulting shimmering dusky effect is complemented by the bezel and studs in shiny black ceramic, as well as vulcanised rubber-moulded crown and pushpieces, while the bright yellow colour of the numerals, tachometric scale , central chronograph seconds hand and stitching on the strap create a spectacularly bold contrast against the backdrop of this palette of black shades. A pioneer in the use of original materials, the Manufacture masterfully combines them here while placing them in the service of a sporty and ultra-masculine sports timepiece that is a fascinating blend of high technology, contemporary daring and horological mastery.

The Calibre 3126/3840 self-winding movement equipping this new Royal Oak Offshor ealso contributes to its impressive performances by guaranteeing impressive sturdiness, reliability and rating precision. The barrel-spring supplies constant force ensuring 60 hours of power reserve, while the stability of the movement is further reinforced by the cross-through balance bridge. The balance is also fitted with eight inertia blocks enabling extremely fine adjustment, while a 22-carat gold ball-bearing mounted rotor ensures bidirectional automatic winding. Finally, all the parts are finished and decorated by hand with bevelling, Côtes de Genève, circular-graining – with each of these stages performed in complete harmony with tradition. The AP monogram and the Audemars and Piguet family crests are engraved on the oscillating weight.

wooky492

21/9/12
A nice little read I found !!

Royal Oak Offshore Bumble Bee Chronograph

Imagine the gleam of wet asphalt; watch the darkness come to life, revealing all the black grains of the surfaces, the lines, the curves. But something is moving, so wake up and take a closer look at the bright yellow headlight cutting through the darkness. Other shades of yellow emerge, like the countless eyes and tones of the urban landscape. You can make out the criss-cross pattern of the intersecting roads. Change the focal distance, and suddenly you grasp that you at the wheel of car, driving at dizzying speed, with time calling out to you from your wrist as it rushes past on a matt-black instrument that blends into the night. There is a touch of all that in the inimitable recently released Royal Oak OffshoreChronograph.

A few grams of carbon

The case features the intriguing mottled black shade of forged carbon, an ultra-light and highly resistant material developed exclusively by Audemars Piguet, from the production method through to the actual tools. After several years of research and development in aviation as well as in the automobile industry and the nautical world, it was first introduced in the 2007 Royal Oak Offshore Alinghi TeamChronograph. This material featured the application of forging technology to the machining of carbon. The complex shapes of the Royal Oak Offshoreare achieved by means of a steel die.

A set of carbon wires is placed inside the die. Measuring a mere one or two millimetres in diameter, this wire is itself composed of several thousand 7-micron carbon fibres held together by a resin wire. The die is then compressed at a high temperature under pressures of over 300 kilos per cm2. Audemars Piguet thereby demonstrates the full range of its machining expertise, acquired through years of practice in the making of carbon movement bridges and plates. The inside of the case and the correction of the various drilled holes are thus duly completed and the final result features sharp angles, a silky touch and a sturdy yet light stature.

High-tech performance

The resulting shimmering dusky effect is complemented by the bezel and studs in shiny black ceramic, as well as vulcanised rubber-moulded crown and pushpieces, while the bright yellow colour of the numerals, tachometric scale , central chronograph seconds hand and stitching on the strap create a spectacularly bold contrast against the backdrop of this palette of black shades. A pioneer in the use of original materials, the Manufacture masterfully combines them here while placing them in the service of a sporty and ultra-masculine sports timepiece that is a fascinating blend of high technology, contemporary daring and horological mastery.

The Calibre 3126/3840 self-winding movement equipping this new Royal Oak Offshor ealso contributes to its impressive performances by guaranteeing impressive sturdiness, reliability and rating precision. The barrel-spring supplies constant force ensuring 60 hours of power reserve, while the stability of the movement is further reinforced by the cross-through balance bridge. The balance is also fitted with eight inertia blocks enabling extremely fine adjustment, while a 22-carat gold ball-bearing mounted rotor ensures bidirectional automatic winding. Finally, all the parts are finished and decorated by hand with bevelling, C̫tes de Gen̬ve, circular-graining Рwith each of these stages performed in complete harmony with tradition. The AP monogram and the Audemars and Piguet family crests are engraved on the oscillating weight.

Awesome read! .. but to be honest, the first paragraph is a bit cheesy... ;-P

kl1973

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/15
Anyone knows if bb is still available from TD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chewy824

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/14
Most amazing watch! Mrgee5165, we look forward to your comparison pics! :)

schumi

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/2/14
I own a gen and I would really like to say that I bang my head everyday asking myself why I bought it

The rep is 99% perfect

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
I own a gen and I would really like to say that I bang my head everyday asking myself why I bought it

The rep is 99% perfect

Hello , I want to know how much does the rep bumble bee weighs. ? Pls let me know. Thanks

schumi

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/2/14
The gen weighs 104

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Great comparison [MENTION=85212]Mrgee5165[/MENTION] !

The JF bumblebee is a very good rep in my opinion, it has a great finish overall.

Looking forward in purchasing mine.

paneraiguy01

Horology Curious
21/11/15
So good to say when travelling and you go through security, they say watch please, I say "Carbon Fibre" HAHAHA

kurgan999

Horology Curious
13/5/16
after all read on this topic, i quit idea buying gen version of my favorite watch !:)

will gather more info how i can get best possible rep ( by modding and stuff ) and see how it will turn out :)

ty fvery much for this !!

jpohl402

10/7/12
after all read on this topic, i quit idea buying gen version of my favorite watch !:)

will gather more info how i can get best possible rep ( by modding and stuff ) and see how it will turn out :)

ty fvery much for this !!

Great choice on the Bee ;)