• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Rep Spotting

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Hey guys,

I think AP reps especially diver reps have come to a point where it's pretty tough to spot on on a wrist shot online! So with the support (hopefully) of the experts on the board, I dedicate this thread to invite everyone who's got that "sneaky suspicion it's a rep" to post photos and for others to discuss!

I think ROOs are straight forward without mods but some are still deceiving!

aflop

22/5/13
Here's a first from me:

Rep or Gen? If Rep what are the tells and versions?

f04a0a5464ef86c70cd6d1818aa7c1af.jpg

Pratt

24/4/13
Here's a first from me:

oh shit .. i cant tell .. can i pop the caseback ? This is good !

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Here's a first from me:

I might say it's a rep, not sure which version though. But the spacing between the numbers (e.g. between the 5 and 0 on the inner bezel) seems a little bit too far, and the datewheel font is too thin. But I am not an expert though, just sharing what I am thinking about that picture. Cheers [emoji4]

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
the inner bezel surely suggest its a rep, however, everything else, especially the plastic wrap it has suggest its a Gen....chime in guys...not sure

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Here's a first from me:

It's Gen, guys...
How I know it? DW font, bezel screws and font of the inner bezel's numbers ;)

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
that datehweel is usually a tell. of course I don't have mine on today to compare.

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
the inner bezel surely suggest its a rep, however, everything else, especially the plastic wrap it has suggest its a Gen....chime in guys...not sure
It's the new 15710ST, Gen of course. The one with open caseback ;)

aflop

22/5/13
Actually I have no clue! That's the reason behind the post! Lol. But I suspected it was gen but didn't think it was the new one! Keep the pictures coming guys!

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
This thread is a great idea, will be useful in training us on what to look for regarding the tells of reps vs. gen. Because I do agree, it is definitely becoming very difficult.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
This thread is a great idea, will be useful in training us on what to look for regarding the tells of reps vs. gen. Because I do agree, it is definitely becoming very difficult.

Really? I think it's a terrible idea and will only encourage armchair detectives to post lousy pics of gens claiming they're fake... page after page of pointless argument will ensue and nothing will be learned except that there is no substitute for quality research.

peterpl

24/7/11
^ If that AP is gen then I rather keep my v7. The bezel numbers look off like a bad canal street rep.........but the bezel screws look gen.

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
That's a gen guys. Like Tini said, it's the new 2015 version , which does have thin inner bezel numbers.
It even still has the protective sticker on the bezel lol. Which of our Diver V... has that. Hahaha.
And no AP reps ever has a thin dw font.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

aflop

22/5/13
Really? I think it's a terrible idea and will only encourage armchair detectives to post lousy pics of gens claiming they're fake... page after page of pointless argument will ensue and nothing will be learned except that there is no substitute for quality research.

I'm just thinking aloud that not everyone's an expert like some of you guys are and isn't it the point of a forum to learn, share and have fun whilst we're at it?

There wasn't malice behind this thread and its a free forum, although I also understand your valid points here, so best to avoid clicking on this thread so as to reduce vexing yourself.

I know there are a lot of experts out there who have just rolled their eyeballs and will choose never to comment or help out on this thread, which is perfectly fine. I just hope people contribute to the forum more instead of taking.

Go easy on us noobs buddy, please.