• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Singapore GP with some mods...

fitipaldi

8/10/10
Hello,

Today, after some months of waiting, I finally received the last part for my pimped AP Singapore GP: Cermet Bezel.

I know this rep is not so popular, but I really think it is an underestimated rep, and it is one of my favorite APROO.
My AP Singapore has the following mods:

- Eta 7750 Valjoux datewheel
- Prof crystal with double AR
- Cermet Bezel (the one used in Jarno Trulli)

It is very difficult to capture the color shades of the Cermet bezel. I think AP should upgrade the gen with the cermet bezel, because the watch looks amazing with it.
Here are some pictures (the last one is with the Stainless Steel bezel)

SS Bezel:

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Gorgeous! Wear it in good health mate!

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
congrats buddy, the red goes well with your national color as well :)

i for one, just dont like this model at all, but your pics and mods serve it justice, congrats on making it this far!

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
I think you're right about the cermet bezel, definitely does improve the watch.

I always wanted to do a fantasy piece with the SG GP by putting a forged carbon bezel (like on the FC Alinghi) and then going for a slightly darker shade of red on the dial.

shaugn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/09
Did you have any issues fitting the cermet bezel onto the watch?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Very nice modifications, fitipaldi. Wonder if the pushers/crown could be a bit darker red, but love it the way it is too.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
awesome looking Singapore GP ROO especially with the Cermet bezel! just wanted to check if you had any problems fitting the ETA 7750 DW on to the Sec@12 movt?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I can answer from personal experience: ETA DW is .12mm thicker than rep DW. Despite the thicknes it can be installed but the DW spins very close to two of the sec@12 gears, and care must be exerted when installing that the gears do not rub against the DW.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Niice updates and yes does look nice with the Cermet bezel .. If the pushers were black or metallic, it would have been my type of watch but red on all the pushers, not really for me. Wear it well mate

wooky492

21/9/12
That's one sick watch! The cermet bazel definitely makes the watch

ukbondraider

20/9/14
Where did you get the cermet bezel? Were you able to buy it separately? I would replace all the bezels on all my APs both 44mm and 42mm if I could get hold of cermet bezels.

jcrystal23

23/1/14
Looks fantastic Fiti. What do you think of the band? Is it still worthy after your mods?

Sent from a traveling phone booth

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Wow, thats a nice piece. The bezel is my favorit ... wish there were a cermet bezel for the 26400 PANDA

Dr. Theo

fitipaldi

8/10/10
Thanks all for the compliments!!

I had a hard time to get the cermet bezel, and it was expensive. Basically my dealer was able to convince J12 factory to sell him the cermet bezel; but the factory provided a SS bezel and they insisted it was the cermet. So then my mission was to demonstrate to my dealer and the factory, they were providing me the wrong part. After some several comparison pictures (thanks Slaughterer!), the factory finally agreed to change it.

The bezel fits perfect to the watch, no rework needed. I'm curious now whether the SS bezel that came with the watch is identical or not to the SS bezel used in regular ROO editions (Volcano, Safari, etc.).

Anyways, I'm extremely happy with the result :)... and my Singapore Gp is unique in the world now :)

I can't stop looking at the cermet bezel. J12 did an extraordinary job with it. I'm curious how it looks the gen bezel in real life.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
I can answer from personal experience: ETA DW is .12mm thicker than rep DW. Despite the thicknes it can be installed but the DW spins very close to two of the sec@12 gears, and care must be exerted when installing that the gears do not rub against the DW.

hi slaughterer62, thanks for the reply! so in this case its still betta to source for a noob dw and consider the ETA DW as a secondary option due to the fact that its thicker.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
hi slaughterer62, thanks for the reply! so in this case its still betta to source for a noob dw and consider the ETA DW as a secondary option due to the fact that its thicker.

The ETA 7750 DW has a larger number print and fills the rep DW cut-outs with good alignment. The drawback is the number design on the ETA 7750 DW is an ETA number design, not AP number design. I think the ETA 7750 DW is nevertheless a good choice for replacing JF DWs with newer font, where you need the older AP font and cannot get a Noob DW. Noob DW, BTW, has rather small numbers, and the number design is not perfectly gen like. I like the ETA 7750 DW quite alot, and I think fitipaldi used it well in his modified SAP. It is a good looking DW with open "4"s and great double digit size.

theslavetrainer

31/10/12
I was going to get one of these and just dye the pushers etc darker red. Give it a more serious tone.like it a lot and the dye mod works.did my blue themes and wow it does the job.
Great watch