• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What the Heck is Vegan Leather?

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Just came across this site, makes a good quick read.

Gimme real leather not this stuff.

http://eluxemagazine.com/magazine/what-the-heck-is-vegan-leather/

FREEDOM_FALL_201323.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Maybe it comes from like corn fed cows

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Or maybe it comes from the flower part of the cow

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
didnt read but... what is it polyurethane ? lmao its a perfect idea! its not fake leather its vegan leather ! lol

D

d4m.test

PVC and microfiber;
Looks like the original, feels like the original, it´s the best 1:1 ultimate copy, better than the original...
non-recyclable, not so environmental-friendly, there had to be a catch somewhere

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
The flower part of the cow is known as polyurethane, and its nonrecyclable too

JAFO

16/10/13
I think it's time a true Bag Expert weighs in on this topic...

Vegan Leather is a new and exciting product that is slowly making its way into the world of high end replica bags. I actually own a small herd of vegan cows. Their hides are super soft but very durable. And they clean up with nothing more than soap and water.

unbranded_pat_the_inflatable_cow.jpg

egroegart

1/7/13
a blow up cow. I'm going to get one of those for my bull. I think he will like her.

JAFO

16/10/13
do they come with warranty card ??!!

They do. And they also come with a tube of Astroglide, which I've been told is some sort of lube one uses to grease seals in watches.

JAFO

16/10/13

I will add you to my next order. Please understand that there will be no refunds once your item has been received. The last thing I need is a box full of sticky, abused Vegan Cows. So all sales are final.

***Edit - each Vegan Cow will come with a JAFO Genuriginal F*ck Bag

D

d4m.test

I will add you to my next order. Please understand that there will be no refunds once your item has been received. The last thing I need is a box full of sticky, abused Vegan Cows. So all sales are final.

***Edit - each Vegan Cow will come with a JAFO Genuriginal F*ck Bag

PMSL - I love these posts. I actually just lol'd reading these replies

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
"Vegan" ..........they must have met for months to get that catchy word going. Say it all the time, have some famous designer use the word, and Bingo, we got them stupid SOBs in our pocket. Corporate fakery at work here guys. But, there will always be the knuckleheads who will be swayed by all the hoopla. Geeeez ! If it didn't bleed, it ain't real leather. Leather is leather !!