• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I think i made a mistake.. (ordered yesterday at o-fakes)

hi_im_alex

Horology Curious
28/5/15
Hi guys!
I am new here and english is not my native language, so please dont be too harsh. :)

So, i ordered my first replica yesterday... from o-fakes, because i thought i did enough research! (shame on me).
Today i found this forum and now i think i'll not get my watch/or i'll get a wrong/defect one, i am just scared from all the "references".
I could cancel the order by email, but i dont even know if they read all this stuff and will reply. Or i can wait for the package and just not accept it at my house-door(i dont know how the payment is called in english, but i have to pay it when ill get the pack at my door) because i dont want to give him the money for a probably broken or wrong watch?

What should i do now? Anyone here wich canceled his order there?
Is o-fakes really one of this "fake fake watch shops"?

I hope anyone can give my some advice :D
Next time i'll know it better and search at the trusted section here, BUT if u dont know that this exist and cant find it in the right time, how can u know about it :p

Thanks

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
Hi and welcome!
Are you supposed to pay when the package arrives?? Really? You paid nothing... or you just paid "shipping fee"?

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I would just not pay if you haven't paid. or cancel the order. Then just order a watch from our dealers

Ruski91

12/10/12
wow COD (Cash on delivery) is quite rare in this hobby. So if thats really the case. Follow the above instructions - deny the package. Dont pay the COD, and order from our TD's

egroegart

1/7/13
yep, When I ordered from BLuefakes several years ago that's the same thing they had me do. COD. 600 buckaroos too. I talked them down too because the watch was 800 bucks originally. lol. when they told me the price I just told them I wasn't interested, and the guy kept just coming down on the price. I thought I got a hell of a deal. lmao. Little did I know I was the punk.

hi_im_alex

Horology Curious
28/5/15
WOW Thanks for all the replies !

That is right, i dont have to pay anything until the package arrives.
So i will get something ...i think, but i just dont know what it will be or wich quality it will have.

I think i'll try to cancel the order/not accept it and will order from the trusted dealer here.

I live in Germany (shi*** "Zoll"), anyone know a TD wich send Watches(Daytona) to ger?

Ruski91

12/10/12
Lol - if you live in germany, there is a very good chance that package wont even get to you unless the dealer used triangle shipping which is highly improbable

hi_im_alex

Horology Curious
28/5/15
Lol - if you live in germany, there is a very good chance that package wont even get to you unless the dealer used triangle shipping which is highly improbable

That is the reason why i chose "cash on delivery"
But if i remember right, u cant take another payment method for Germany.(EDIT: atleast at this shop)

Exactly!

Some of the TDs offer shipping through UK. Cost a little extra, but is much safer to EU countries with customs problems.

For me it is a bit complicated to understand the system behind the "trusted dealer"
Do i have to contact them by email with my wishes and ask for availability? (like, wich kind of Watch , delivery to Germany)

Ruski91

12/10/12
Germany has very high customs risks. Almost all reps sent from china direct to germany will get snagged up by customs. This is why there is often an option for Triangle shipping (From China - to EU - to Germany) to go around the customs issue. Not a bullet proof plan but definitely safer.

In regards to your TD question - on the forum we have a list of trusted dealers who have been vetted and verified with scrutiny by the admins of the forum. The normal standard is to contact them via email or through their websites if they have them listed. Most of us just send them an email. you work out the details to get your watch, pay for it, receive 'Quality Control' photos, make sure you will be getting exactly what you want, once you approve, they will send it to you. Easy process and most of all much safer then ordering from some random scam website out there.

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
For me it is a bit complicated to understand the system behind the "trusted dealer"
Do i have to contact them by email with my wishes and ask for availability? (like, wich kind of Watch , delivery to Germany)

Some have websites, some communicates only via email or PMs. Do some reading about the watch you want (different versions, different makers) and about dealers.

hi_im_alex

Horology Curious
28/5/15
thank you for all the information!

but i think i will just have a problem with the accepted payment methods, i couldnt find one who support paypal?( i think COD and normal bank transfers are not supported too?)

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
thank you for all the information!

but i think i will just have a problem with the accepted payment methods, i couldnt find one who support paypal?( i think COD and normal bank transfers are not supported too?)
Western Union is the way to go. Safe (at TDs) and easy.

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
bank transfers are supported by alot of dealers it is easier to use western union though and you dont have to worry about your bank account being used fraudulently

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Old school scam style....COD alla Blue Fakes and Global Replica

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Eggroll, what did Blue fakes actually send you?? I remember that one and the one txrob mentioned also global replica. They used promote their sales by saying you could inspect the watch before you handed over the funds.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Eggroll, what did Blue fakes actually send you?? I remember that one and the one txrob mentioned also global replica. They used promote their sales by saying you could inspect the watch before you handed over the funds.

If that's true that's not too bad at least If you know what your looking for you won't get scammed.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
That is what RWI's suggested to me back in 07....just dont open the door and/or accept the delivery and BOOM....no money no foul