• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 44 FC Vs. JF 44 Real Ceramic (Black)

superdopefresh

I'm Pretty Popular
20/5/15
Has there been a comparison between JF 44 FC and JF 44 Real Ceramic done? How close are these two compared to Gen?

http://www.pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-44mm-forged-carbon-11-best-edition-a7750/
Vs.
http://www.pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-44mm-real-ceramic-jf-11-best-edition-black-dial-a7750-free-xs-strap/

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
These are both going to have the exact same flaws, so they're about even. Only real difference is case material. I owned the FC and I can attest to how great it is. Was lucky enough to put it next to a gen and it looked and felt virtually identical. I'd opt for the Noob version though mate, it has a better DW and the correct 12:00 subdial, but the movement in the JF is usually more reliable. Either way, all 7750 movements need a service, jewel mod, etc. So aesthetically, go with the Noob 44mm FC. Better overall buy than the JF in my opinion.

superdopefresh

I'm Pretty Popular
20/5/15
These are both going to have the exact same flaws, so they're about even. Only real difference is case material. I owned the FC and I can attest to how great it is. Was lucky enough to put it next to a gen and it looked and felt virtually identical. I'd opt for the Noob version though mate, it has a better DW and the correct 12:00 subdial, but the movement in the JF is usually more reliable. Either way, all 7750 movements need a service, jewel mod, etc. So aesthetically, go with the Noob 44mm FC. Better overall buy than the JF in my opinion.

Hmm, my dealer recommended JF over the Noob. Plus I've noticed that JF usually does better manufacturing than Noob on most other models and watches too including panerai?

What is DW? and what is wrong with the 12:00 dial on the JF version??

Thanks for your feedback!

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Anytime mate I'm here to help.
DW = DateWheel
And here is the difference in the 12:00 subdials.
267b563b9ad3db835bbe0a439e45db52.jpg

Notice how the Noob has longer indices than the JF. Closer to gen. That one little detail has always bugged me and I'm glad Noob addressed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superdopefresh

I'm Pretty Popular
20/5/15
Anytime mate I'm here to help.
DW = DateWheel
And here is the difference in the 12:00 subdials.
267b563b9ad3db835bbe0a439e45db52.jpg

Notice how the Noob has longer indices than the JF. Closer to gen. That one little detail has always bugged me and I'm glad Noob addressed it.

wow, that's great comparison! thanks again! hehe, i love this forum

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Not a problem mate. Most of us are sticklers for little details like that. Enjoy your stay here! Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
It's not the same watch but i have a JF diver in forged carbon and i must say you'll love the forged carbon case it's simply beautiful it has a light and reflection that is sweet ! The ceramic case would be more discrete !

Tempus fugit, utere.