• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2014-15 Glidelock Clasp Sharp Edges?

trique6

Known Member
10/11/14
Hi,

Am I the only to have noticed the sharp edges and particularly corners of the Glidelock clasp? I have it on my BK sub, and the functionality is great but I can't sleep in it or else I risk scratching up my girlfriends back if I brush past her in our sleep.

Couldn't find any other topics anywhere on any forum about this, so maybe it's just my bracelet?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
It should be sharp and crisp.I've worn a million gens I know trust me.u need to be more worried about the flip lock logo than how round or sharp the edges are

trique6

Known Member
10/11/14
Sure, so if I don't want to scratch her I should revert to the flip lock version of the older models (where the clasp blended with the bracelet on each end of it)

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I just noticed u sleep in your BK sub c wow.I could not do that with any watch Including gens .good luck u must really wear your subs hard if u sleep in them and that's great

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi,

Am I the only to have noticed the sharp edges and particularly corners of the Glidelock clasp? I have it on my BK sub, and the functionality is great but I can't sleep in it or else I risk scratching up my girlfriends back if I brush past her in our sleep.

Couldn't find any other topics anywhere on any forum about this, so maybe it's just my bracelet?

Lol u hardcore

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
My hand falls asleep if I fall asleep with my watch on. I roll over onto it and it presses into my arm. Very uncomfortable.

n8dagr8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/15
He's actually got a legit point. The gen the 116610 that I tried on was no where near as sharp as my rep.

roadhog99

Known Member
1/7/10
It should be sharp and crisp.I've worn a million gens I know trust me.u need to be more worried about the flip lock logo than how round or sharp the edges are

Sorry bud, but I disagree. Every gen I've ever tried (and I've tried a fair few too LOL) has the edges ever so slightly rounded off. It's subtle though. They're not super smooth, but they are def not sharp. The only rep clasp I've seen with the same effect is the LF so far. The edges of the noob clasp can feel like razors!

For the OP, it is possible to gently file the sharp corners off to give a better feel. You need to use a very small fine jewellers file (or possibly a metal nail file) and be very careful. You also don't need to take much off, you just literally round off the tip of the corners.

Gives a much better feel, and IMO makes the bracelet look far more gen like.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Well all the gens I've worn have nice sharp edges.even my gen bb is sharp as a razor luv it

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I took my Dremel with a felt polishing wheel and no compound to my clasp and bracelet edges and was able to dull the sharpness without polishing it at all

roadhog99

Known Member
1/7/10
I took my Dremel with a felt polishing wheel and no compound to my clasp and bracelet edges and was able to dull the sharpness without polishing it at all

Do you have pics? Would like to see how this came out? I was a bit scared to try a dremel in case it took too much off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Do you have pics? Would like to see how this came out? I was a bit scared to try a dremel in case it took too much off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uhMtGey.jpg

Keep in mind though that this is a yachtmaster, so the center section IS polished.
The edges were just dulled with the felt wheel, you really cant see any difference, but you can feel it....super smooth

wrath04

17/6/14
+1 on scratching my girlfriend with my Sub-C!

The edges on the glidelock reps are definitely more sharp than gen. I used a Dremel as well, but definitely take your time and go slowly. It should solve the problem for you.