• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Titanium

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
It's a new model so I suppose there aren't many owners around yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
I have had one for several weeks now. It's truly a gorgeous rep and has quickly become one of my favorites.

It does have a Miyota movement, which SOME consider to be a negative. If you stare hard at it you will notice the second hand does not sweep as smoothly as Asian movements, but these movements keep amazingly accurate time. I now have 2 Miyota reps and both are dead accurate.

IMO, do not hesitate to grab one of these. You won't be disappointed.

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Miyotas have their pros and cons. It personally puts me off that it doesn't hack!

rivets

Horology Curious
15/4/15
I've just bought an Aqua Terra on Miyota and I was oblivious to the "hack". Can't understand why it has to be a hack when it's a fundamental function of a watch but hey, what do I know! Well chuffed with my watch all the same. Sorry, bit off topic!

silentpartner21

Horology Curious
20/3/15
Wow...thx for ure reply...so good to hear it from u if that omega is a great rep...i wanna have a plan to buy a 300 axial next week and this titanium omega havent come yet in my country (indonesia)... So how about 300 axial?do you have it?whats ure opinion?so far i read its a great rep also...thx mate...

rivets

Horology Curious
15/4/15
I have had one for several weeks now. It's truly a gorgeous rep and has quickly become one of my favorites.

It does have a Miyota movement, which SOME consider to be a negative. If you stare hard at it you will notice the second hand does not sweep as smoothly as Asian movements, but these movements keep amazingly accurate time. I now have 2 Miyota reps and both are dead accurate.

As I mentioned earlier, I have an AT with Miyota movement and am happy with the time it keeps.
Can any more experienced forum members share how well an asian movement keeps time versus a Miyota movement?
It would be interesting to compare their accuracy before my next purchase
Thanks in advance

Logan86

Renowned Member
27/12/14
I have an AT and a Good Planet GMT, the AT is a Miyota and the GMT is an A2836. While I am not as detailed as some of the other guys here I can say that I haven't noticed a real difference between the two. Yes, the Miyota rotor makes a bit of noise if you hold it up and shake it and it doesn't hack but neither of those are deal breakers for me.

Some say the Miyota is a little more jerky on the second hand movement but people also say that is closer to the GEN Omega movement.

Honestly, I think they are both great products just different features. Kind of like rival car brands, neither is bad but both have strong points that the other doesn't.

hurricane1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/5/15
How does it feel on the wrist -- does the titanium make it feel abnormally light?

xocomaox

8/4/12
Some say the Miyota is a little more jerky on the second hand movement but people also say that is closer to the GEN Omega movement.

Both movements are actually just as "wrong" when compared to gen. Gen movement is right in the middle as far as bph.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Finally a V6F. Costs as much money as a large screen TV set though. I was wondering if it would be sub 300 range when it came out.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
How does it feel on the wrist -- does the titanium make it feel abnormally light?

From what I read on this forum before, it feels a little abnormally light because it is a large watch and people are used to the SS version. They said they get used to it. Any watch you wear is going to feel different at first and then you get used to it. I don't wear my watches enough to get used to any of them.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I will be joining you OP on this purchase next week.. I really like it. Actually love it..

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
There's two people. I think it is an overpriced watch.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC

Hey mate, not to high jack the OP but this would benefit him as well! Mind posting a pic of the watch!? Or well is the pearl at top off centered? Thanks!

JNotts

2/5/15
Really like the look of it in blue and titanium but does it come in 42mm or is it 45mm only?