• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any change to see Jacob & Co. Astronomia Tourbillon Watch rep?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
What do you think? there is any change to see this watch rep any time soon?

Jacob-Co-Astronomia-Tourbillon-Globe-Diamond-Watch-6.jpg

Jacob-Co-Astronomia-Tourbillon-Globe-Diamond-Watch-13.jpg

Jacob-Co-Astronomia-Tourbillon-Globe-Diamond-Watch-15.jpg

Reactions: LeBron

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
I doubt so, even the chinese tourbillon movement finish isn't as top notch as the swiss, if the finish in chinese tourbillon movement is on par with the swiss, I'm pretty sure the market price of swiss tourbillon will decrese significantly

J_North

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/15
I mean look at how complicated and intricate that movement is. No way China'd be able to replicate such a complex movement, well maybe they could, but it would be very inaccurate.

tomwid12

Known Member
31/1/15
No. Not because they can't, because there is no money in repping this watch. It's ugly and nobody would ever buy it.

merc1

Horology Curious
27/2/15
I've looked the video. The watch is wonderful.
The problem is that the Chinese are currently not able to reproduce. Even if they could it would be easy to spot as rep due to the price of 1 mio USD

Rolexlavah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/13
It would be a miracle. I saw that watch in person at SIHH. its something else mate

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Holy crap. This is a thing of beauty!

Never gonna see a rep. Agree with idinwo01 and tomwid12.
There would be very little demand. Not worth the hassle!

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
About the fact that that Chinese can’t replicate it, why? This is so complicated to manufacture it?

About the fact that there is no demand, that is maybe true, but I’m wondering if there are custom watch replactors that could do it? (it would probably cost more than a usual rep but…)