• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CrPO with outer AR removed

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Here's what you get:

IMG_3069_zpsr6moqw6z.jpg

IMG_3070_zpsj2svmmis.jpg

IMG_3071_zpsblxypi89.jpg

Dr.Danger

Known Member
16/3/15
Removing it made the watch blurry! [emoji1]. But really, I can't see a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
It's a white fluorescent light, camera couldn't focus on both. Look at the gen-rep comparisons and there's a huge difference.

shadowmaker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
The v5 xtal is bad , i have a v6fac crpo on the way , i think ill do same as you.
You used only cape cod right?

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Why remove unless it was scratched? The UPO and V5 xtal are really bad, but CRPO I thought was better. My noob CRPO xtal is xcellent.

Dr.Danger

Known Member
16/3/15
Oh, ok I see a difference now. The AR appears to 'work,' but it isn't gen-looking. Right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Why remove unless it was scratched? The UPO and V5 xtal are really bad, but CRPO I thought was better. My noob CRPO xtal is xcellent.

It was purple and it was scratched. I would've taken it off the V5 already but I kinda like the goofy color and it has yet to scratch in almost 3 years.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
It was purple and it was scratched. I would've taken it off the V5 already but I kinda like the goofy color and it has yet to scratch in almost 3 years.

How did you remove the AR? Cape cod?

shadowmaker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
We are talking about removing AR , not polishing the crystal off of scratches.
In that case , cape cod will work?

D

d4m.test

I used a surgical scalpel to remove the AR, worked fine but not sure if this can be universally recommended

jmav

Known Member
25/3/15
Not a slight at you buddy, that was seriously bad advice that was given. I'm an Omega-aholic as well, and if I would have been able to warn you I would have. As always, I get to the good threads too late.

Haha, no problem. It was a dumb move. When I was told about removing the scratches in the AR, a link was sent to me. In that link a fella said he used a buffer and a touch of auto wax and it "worked like a charm" to an extent. I took the smallest dab of Meguire's and poof! Things got ugly haha. I learned my lesson!