• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

who wants us to try and arrange for a maker to produce the best 116610 case and bracl

SuperfrankenSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/15
Doesnt need that much actually, just better rehaut engravings and need to fit the 3135!

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
This will not be a complete watch but a case and bracelet to fit genuine parts too or at least that is my understanding of the project.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I couldn't care less about the insert the crystal or dial etc.all those parts need to be gen.all we need is a good case and bracelet

I'm in .....but to make the subtle case change worthwhile the dial, insert, hands, crown etc have to be gen .....I'm wondering what the overall build cost will be?

Also, I would say the movement has to be gen or yuki3135 to give the correct crown/hands direction. That'll cost another 400 (plus mandatory service cost on top).

Without a gen/yuki 3135 you'll have a watch that looks gen but doesn't function as per gen. Lol.

Just worried that the build cost would be close to a used gen?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I'm in .....but to make the subtle case change worthwhile the dial, insert, hands, crown etc have to be gen .....I'm wondering what the overall build cost will be?

Also, I would say the movement has to be gen or yuki3135 to give the correct crown/hands direction. That'll cost another 400 (plus mandatory service cost on top).

Without a gen/yuki 3135 you'll have a watch that looks gen but doesn't function as per gen. Lol.

Just worried that the build cost would be close to a used gen?

no way it would be same price as a noob v5 ,basiclyy the noob v5 could be updated to perfection easily,by getting the correct cg and lugs ,correct sel ,glidelock and rehaut engravings,it would not cost anymore than a v5 imo

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Noob V5 needs:

-Improved SEL, they had it right before.
-Rehaut, they had it "right" before as well.
-Actual care while putting the cyclops and the crystal. No more of that LEC at 6:30 and crooked cyclops.

they never had the sel anywhere close to gen,the rehaut was not close that to gen either really

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
no way it would be same price as a noob v5 ,basiclyy the noob v5 could be updated to perfection easily,by getting the correct cg and lugs ,correct sel ,glidelock and rehaut engravings,it would not cost anymore than a v5 imo

Yes your new case (smoke v1. Lol) would probably cost same as a noob v5 ....but my questions was, how much would the total build cost be including the gen parts you say are necessary (gen dial, insert, crystal, crown, y3135 etc)?

I'm guessing the total cost would be close to a used gen but I'm not clued up on gen ceramic sub part costs.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yes your new case (smoke v1. Lol) would probably cost same as a noob v5 ....but my questions was, how much would the total build cost be including the gen parts you say are necessary (gen dial, insert, crystal, crown, y3135 etc)?

I'm guessing the total cost would be close to a used gen but I'm not clued up on gen ceramic sub part costs.

In my mind I would like to have a full build made .so you can add gen parts when you find them.or choose to add them.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Freaking awesome project!
Make it 904L steel, you can see the difference! :thumbup:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Come on guys move votes needed alot more

kudos

18/2/14
Noob V5 needs:

-Improved SEL, they had it right before.
-Rehaut, they had it "right" before as well.
-Actual care while putting the cyclops and the crystal. No more of that LEC at 6:30 and crooked cyclops.

sorry for the Newbie questions, I've ordered the V5 date version and I'm just working out what mods I will need to make

what is wrong with the rehaut? is it the alignment of the crown or does it look nothing like the gen engraving?
Also isn't the crystal height incorrect and most have the left justified DW?

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
I would strongly consider downsizing my collection to get in on one of these. Would be a first in the rep world as far as I know. I've got my fingers crossed and my vote in!