• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why is there hate for Italy shipping ?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
Hey fellas, I am wondering whats with all the dislike for shipping to Italy ? Is it the customs ? is it the buyers scam ? Guy wants my 16610LV and is willing to western union the funds, should I take the deal ? It is common knowledge customs risk is on buyer so what am I missing guys ? Thanks

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
I would say if he is willing to pay WU then you have nothing to worry about bro. As long as he knows risk is on him.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Also see this......
Country Conditions for Mailing - Italy

Prohibitions (130) Albums of any kind (of photographs, postcards, postage stamps, etc.). Arms and weapons. Articles of platinum or gold; jewelry; and other valuable articles unless sent as insured packages. Artificial flowers and fruits and accessories for them. Bells and other musical instruments and parts thereof. Cartridge caps; cartridges. Clocks and supplies for clocks. Compound medicaments and medicines. Coral mounted in any way. Ether and chloroform. Exposed photographic and cinematographic films. Footwear of any kind. Haberdashery and sewn articles of any kind, including trimmings and lace; handkerchiefs; scarves; shawls, needlework including stockings and gloves; bonnets, caps, and hats of any kind. Hair and articles made of hair. Human remains. Leather goods. Lighters and their parts, including lighter flints. Live bees, leeches, and silkworms. Live plants and animals. Nutmeg, vanilla; sea salt, rock salt; saffron. Parasites and predators of harmful insects. Perfumery goods of all kinds (except soap). Playing cards of any kind. Postage stamps in sealed or unsealed letter-post shipments. Radioactive materials. Ribbons for typewriters. Roasted or ground coffee and its substitutes; roasted chicory. Saccharine and all products containing saccharine. Salted, smoked or otherwise prepared meats; fats; and lard. Tobacco. Toys not made wholly of wood. Treated skins and furs. Weapons of any kind and spare parts for them.
http://pe.usps.gov/IMM_Archive/HTML/IMM_Archive_2006/imm/immicl/immiclhk_012.html

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Hmmm wtf? Italy must not want anything that is not Made In Italy....Like my Ray Bans :p

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Heres a kicker (literally) "footwear of any kind"

They must like bare feets.......or italian shoes.......no NIKE?

rsh

3/4/10
So then when filling the customs form, you must literally lie, dont they have an xray scanner or something. I could say watch for repairs but damn......I would hate for someone to lose out on such a high ticket item, even if I got my western union money......hmmm

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well a watch isnt exactly a clock, it more of a stainless steel fashion accessory.......
Wouldnt you say ?

rsh

3/4/10
So customs declaration, sounds good to me....
Stainless steel fashion accessory

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
If you can send within EU to Italy it should be fine, I wouldn't send reps from outside the EU to Italy as it will more than likely get confiscated

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Singing parody of All About That Bass...

I'm all about them shoes, about then shoes NO NIKES...all about them shoes. about the shoes NO NIKES....:p

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
And one might want to wrap it in foil, rather loosely, around the watch head with either some nails or coins, or bottle caps ........key word Xray

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If I were the buyer, I would ask you to ship the head and bracelet in separate packages (to make them look less like a watch/clock on X-ray).

Declare package 1 (contains head only) as 'automotive part'.

Declare package 2 (contains bracelet) as 'stainless steel fashion accessory'

Overport

14/2/13
And one might want to wrap it in foil, rather loosely, around the watch head with either some nails or coins, or bottle caps ........key word Xray

Foil will not confuse an X-Ray machine.

Apart from all comments above, send it Fedex or USPS. Italy Post is exceptionally unreliable. It cannot be stressed how unreliable they are.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
If you send USPS the package will be handled by the italian postal service once in Italy. The only way to avoid this is to use a courier like fedex or dhl. I successfully received straps and parts from the US, but I would never buy an entire watch.
Even more than seeing the package disappear I would be worried of customs checking the content and identifying a rep. Importing counterfeit items is a crime here.

ale93am

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
26/8/13
Is more secure ship the watch in uk and then in italy.. i think