• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 15400?

kamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/14
Pretty sure I am going to order the 15400 from Ken instead of waiting; I have 0 patience LOL

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Pretty sure I am going to order the 15400 from Ken instead of waiting; I have 0 patience LOL

Youll be fine honestly it's not like ap diver v3 to ap diver v7 there will most likely not be any MAJOR changes

kamen

21/11/14
Just a completely different manufacturer but given the current Miyota 15400 it looks pretty good as is. I am not sure who makes the Miyota version though.

jasa27

10/7/14
Just a completely different manufacturer but given the current Miyota 15400 it looks pretty good as is. I am not sure who makes the Miyota version though.
I was told ZF

wooky492

Put Some Respect On My Name
21/9/12
What we could hope for in the supposedly upcoming j12 version would be the dial pattern (Grande Tapisserie) to give it more gen like surface, precision cut on bazel screws, better edge polishing of the case, correct/uniform thickness of the letters.(and better water resistance then the gen! Lol) .... but, what would actually happen....; cosmetic change to the movement to look 'clone' with the 3120 movement we saw in the latest divers and maybe thinner lume on the markers and hands. or maybe centered AP logo on the crown.
Not enough to justify anymore waiting so I just pulled a trigger on the best one available at the moment. :-D

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
i am waiting for the correct lug plots for leather version.

adamweby

28/8/12
CONUS
fingers crossed. there certainly is enough demand for this model. if they can tweak those few things, it will be a home run.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
What we could hope for in the supposedly upcoming j12 version would be the dial pattern (Grande Tapisserie) to give it more gen like surface, precision cut on bazel screws, better edge polishing of the case, correct/uniform thickness of the letters.(and better water resistance then the gen! Lol) .... but, what would actually happen....; cosmetic change to the movement to look 'clone' with the 3120 movement we saw in the latest divers and maybe thinner lume on the markers and hands. or maybe centered AP logo on the crown.
Not enough to justify anymore waiting so I just pulled a trigger on the best one available at the moment. :-D

I jumped on the original BP 15400 the day it was released and absolutely LOVED that watch. I sold a year ago, thinking I would replace it eventually but other life events got in the way. I did, however, pick up a ZF version of the 15400 with a clone 2824 (the miyota version hadn't been released yet). I am not a huge fan of the way ZF finishes its watches, but they did a kick ass job on the 15400. It was really a spectacular watch. The fit and finish is excellent and the bracelet was really amazing quality for a $450 rep. I am not sure what all the hub bub is about a J12 version, but the ZF Ultimate Version with a miyota will not disappoint!!!! :) Also, don't expect the J12 to have the clone 3120. It's nice idea, but I don't see how it can work in a 9.5mm case. A stock 2824 can "just" squeeze into a 10mm case (ETA makes the 2892 for thinner cased watches). If you add on the faux bridges and other crap needed to make a 2824 look a little like a 3120, you're going to need a thicker case--which is a much bigger tell than the movement itself (since no one can see the movement when you're wearing the watch). You have the room to play with on an AP Diver, but not on a 15400. Also, all that faux crap on the movement can't help with reliability. I say go for the Ultimate Miyota version. The flaws are really minor IMHO. Unless, you have a gen and rep side by side and a loupe you aren't going to see tiny differences between the markers and font sizes.

wooky492

21/9/12
I jumped on the original BP 15400 the day it was released and absolutely LOVED that watch. I sold a year ago, thinking I would replace it eventually but other life events got in the way. I did, however, pick up a ZF version of the 15400 with a clone 2824 (the miyota version hadn't been released yet). I am not a huge fan of the way ZF finishes its watches, but they did a kick ass job on the 15400. It was really a spectacular watch. The fit and finish is excellent and the bracelet was really amazing quality for a $450 rep. I am not sure what all the hub bub is about a J12 version, but the ZF Ultimate Version with a miyota will not disappoint!!!! :) Also, don't expect the J12 to have the clone 3120. It's nice idea, but I don't see how it can work in a 9.5mm case. A stock 2824 can "just" squeeze into a 10mm case (ETA makes the 2892 for thinner cased watches). If you add on the faux bridges and other crap needed to make a 2824 look a little like a 3120, you're going to need a thicker case--which is a much bigger tell than the movement itself (since no one can see the movement when you're wearing the watch). You have the room to play with on an AP Diver, but not on a 15400. Also, all that faux crap on the movement can't help with reliability. I say go for the Ultimate Miyota version. The flaws are really minor IMHO. Unless, you have a gen and rep side by side and a loupe you aren't going to see tiny differences between the markers and font sizes.
This +1000000000

Now I'm doubly glad that I pulled the trigger on the latest miyota!
The case dimension makes perfect sense why the better 'cloned' version hasn't showed up already.
I bet if they ever upgrade this watch, the movement would stay the same and only minor upgrade on precision cosmetic jobs then. Just like the diver :-D

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12

I agree with this post, don't know what all the hype is about with the movement. It is very unlikely that they can squeeze 3120 bridges in this watch unless they thicken the case quite a bit.

And for all the other fixes? Let's wait and see. Usually the factories take one step forward and two steps back with new versions..

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Any news???

Edit: GREAT NEWS!!!

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14