• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

it´s all about the combination...

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
hi folks,

I had some time and some very nice new things that recently arrived and so I decided to show you what it´s all about and would be glad if you tell me your opinion about this.

As I wrote - and you all know - in this section of the forum I think more than elsewhere, it can be the combination of watch and strap which may make it perfect or doesn´t work for some reason. I bought a lot of straps in the near past from different makers, but I´ve found my maker for the moment in one guy. It´s Alfio from Bakeka Handmade. This guy is really awesome - not that he offers very well made straps for a very good price, he is very friendly, very fast and makes everything possible that he can do for his customers. None of the straps or accessories I´ve ordered from him in the last weeks was like he is offering them in his shop...but it was no problem for him to fulfill my wishes within a few days.

The last order from him inspired me for the following pictures...hope you enjoy them...

enough said on to the pics :)

first I got a few weeks ago a very nice 082...spectacular dial, looks different from every angle, depends on the lighting that hits the dial...very hard to find a strap that matches the titanium case AND the lightning effects...found one :) very nice to wear, very nice to look at

082_zpsmtori6ms.gif

then I searched something for my 005...have lots of brown straps in all kind of shades and materials but never tried a gator. I was looking for something really dark to match the dial but I don´t like black...so here´s what I found...

005_zpsfipbz0kn.gif

then I tried a Radiomir for the first time...I was not sure if I will like it, because it´s kind of dressy and was not really my cup of tea...but for some reason I had to try one and have to admit I loved it from day one I held it in my hands...BUT...

it came with a black OEM strap, which I like for the quality, but as I mentioned above, I am not into black straps...but have a look first...

RAD3_zpszopnzf3m.gif

kind of nice...but I needed something brown, elegant and with a matching stich...I found this...

RAD2_zpss8thrp0t.gif

it looks perfect in my opinion...what do you think?

RAD_zpsrkw54qml.gif

finally I tried something I thought that would never happen...but as you all know...never say never...

a 47mm Radiomir on my skinny wrists...worth a try. The strap which has been on that beauty was kind of a joke and smelled like ...?! well I don´t really know, but I really don´t want to know it, too...off with it and place an order immediately ...

look what came a few days ago...

448_zpsmksz1r6o.gif

with a different lightning and angle...

4483_zps6kdoqrt3.gif

front...

4482_zpsoofdn6jx.gif

and with her little sister...

tworads_zpsih13res0.gif

hope you enjoyed what you saw, thank you for having a look

cheers, fredl

bonus pic ;)

IMG_4885_zpsnll46wwv.gif

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Beautiful combos mate, my favourites are the 005 and 448. Congrats! :)

I agree with you about Alfio: I have a few straps from him and he is by far the kindest man to deal with. Also, you can see from his straps how pasionate he is about his work, each of his straps is special.

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Thank you, Kilo...glad to hear you made same experiences with Alfio!

Capt. Obvious

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/5/13
Mate, these are some STUNNING photos!!!! I just ordered a 338, may have to do some strap shopping now!!!!!!

Beautiful stuff, and yes, the strap can really make the difference!!!

D

d4m.test

Great pics, beautiful watches and fantastic straps, all of them. Imho perfect matches on the very first pic 005 and the Radiomir:) the Cali goes well with this but it could need one shiny croco for Sundays and dinner out and another at least 100 years old strap with stamps on it for daily wear.... Great choice of PAMs.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Nice pics and combos
Thanks for sharing

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. I may have to get an idea or two from those. :)

Sirlordcomic

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/8/14
Thanks, I have a strap from m2m iPad I could never figure out the maker, but it must be Bakeka.

I just received 448 as well, is your new strap tapered down to 22?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
thank you all for your kind words!

cheers, fredl

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Thanks, I have a strap from m2m iPad I could never figure out the maker, but it must be Bakeka.

I just received 448 as well, is your new strap tapered down to 22?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the straps from alfio usually have a stamp with his logo on the inside of the strap...and yes It is tapered down to 22mm

bflowatchguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/14
Beautiful pics! I've been searching for a new strap for my 448, I love the look of what you have on there.

ALTL

Known Member
29/6/13
Thanks for the pics and the combo ideas. Is the 1st one Alfio's aged blue marinestrap? I just bought 2 straps from him, an aged blue marine and an aged green one for my PAM 089 and he is the nicest guy, responds to any email in an instant. As soon as I get the straps I'll try to post some pics (I still haven't figured out how to...).
This is my 1st strap purchase, but pretty soon I'll have to buy straps for my 441... I was thinking about a light tan ostrich and/or a 74. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks for sharing.

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Hi, the first strap on the 082 is something which is not on his site, but I've got the blue aged marina strap, too and it's very nice-you'll like it for sure...
a nice 74 strap light brown will fit for sure!

regs, fredl

evilpenguin

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/15
My god those pics are gorgeous. Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk