• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with 7750

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Hi Fellas,

I'm trying to remove the dial from this movement. It looks like its an older version of the 7750. There is some kind of covering on this one over the movement which I've never come across before.

7750a_zpsfecixcn5.jpg

7750b_zpswe9jhjkt.jpg

7750c_zps4m5c8yrm.jpg

Can anyone help with some instructions? Also will this 7750 be a direct swap with the newer ones? I think it will be but just want to make sure.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
Well, in theory if its the same 7750 .. ie swiss 7750, but there where many many 77540s made.... hands should work fine and thats the tell if they are exact...
Good luck and let us all know on the dial removal...
one quickie.. why are yo swapping 7750s?

peterpl

24/7/11
^ Because my current one is f**ked. Cant be bothered sending in for a service and have a few extra movements around so might as well swap it and use the old one to practice on. I'm going to try to service the old one myself :)

If i break it who cares needs a service anyway. LOL

Problem with the above movement is I cant get to the dial feet without removing the retaining metal ring around the movement. How does one do this?

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
First get the hands off. The dial might just pop off if its sitting inside holes in the retaining ring. I'm not really seeing anything abnormal, so I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about.

peterpl

24/7/11
The movement holder is different. The recent 7750s dont use this movement holder/retaining ring - well i've never seen it anyway.

Question is how to remove the retaining ring so I can access the dial feet? I dont want to pry it too hard or else might break something. Is there a special way to remove it?

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
My left thumb nail looks exactly like yours? What do we have? A fungus or some shit...

peterpl

24/7/11
^^ LOL.......stuffed if i know. Its only my thumb nail thats uneven. The rest are fine and smooth. I've heard maybe its nutrients or lack off. Stop drinking alcohol. :p

aflop

22/5/13
^ r u sure?

Yes, my answer was to how to remove the retaining ring from the movement so as to access the dial feel clips.
If you didn't even remove the ring tab and screw the movement and retaining ring would still be stuck in ur case. By your pictures it seems like you has gone past that stage and is only questioning how to remove the retaining ring, hence my answer.

I would stand corrected if I misunderstood your queries