• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Shady dealer

timeisbakyn

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/9/14
Hello everyone. Before finding this forum I bought from iswss.co. Like the first dealer I bought from, everything went smooth the first 2 transactions. Great product and well worth the price, $500 +. However, I made the mistake of ordering more than 1 watch and of course they only sent half my order. It's been 3 months and I kept getting, we'll ship by (enter date here). Finally after not buying anymore of their BS, I asked for my money back and or a different watch they could ship instead. Haven't heard back.

Don't these dealers care about long term customers? Does anyone know of any dealers that produce TOP quality and can deliver on their orders? How about when a mistake is made, do they have honest communication?

If so, I'm sure there are others wanting to know in one place of an TD that has helped someone with 5+ orders. Please post here. This may make it easier for someone like me looking at the reviews and still having questions of the most TRUSTED dealer of the highest quality reps.

I look forward to your honest answers my friends.

Only the best,

Bakyn

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I feel for you buddy - they used to be called sws(DO NOT LINK TO SCAM SITES)cc and they are ridiculously overpriced. I bought two watches from them and everything was fine and delivered as promised, but the prices .. omg. That was off-course before i found RWI as well. But if you look at their prices and compare with our TD's you will see that they are up-charging 150 - 250 for every watch.

They emailed me a few years ago .... hey you havent bought from us in a while, are you interested. So i figured for shits and giggles i would engage in a chat with them about their prices as compared to some of the other td's around. As you can imagine, most of them know each other and are at least aware of each other.

They brought up Andrew and joshes name on their own and started telling me all the standard BS about how J/A's movements are junk while theirs are grade AAAA top of the line yada yada yada. ... while i dont think they scam people (Since i did get both of my orders from them) the pricing is astronomical and i would naturally never order from them again (Let alone i would have zero support from the forum)

Bottom line - good that you found RWI, and stick to the trusted dealers here, that way you will never get burned again.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Hello everyone. Before finding this forum I bought from *********. Like the first dealer I bought from, everything went smooth the first 2 transactions. Great product and well worth the price, $500 +. However, I made the mistake of ordering more than 1 watch and of course they only sent half my order. It's been 3 months and I kept getting, we'll ship by (enter date here). Finally after not buying anymore of their BS, I asked for my money back and or a different watch they could ship instead. Haven't heard back.

Don't these dealers care about long term customers? Does anyone know of any dealers that produce TOP quality and can deliver on their orders? How about when a mistake is made, do they have honest communication?

If so, I'm sure there are others wanting to know in one place of an TD that has helped someone with 5+ orders. Please post here. This may make it easier for someone like me looking at the reviews and still having questions of the most TRUSTED dealer of the highest quality reps.

I look forward to your honest answers my friends.

Only the best,

Bakyn

Forgive me, but you're a VIP who's been here since September of last year and you're still asking who the trusted dealers are? I don't mean to sound rude but come on my friend, you already know the answers to your questions.

We have an established list of TDs that have been independently vetted by both the staff here and thousands upon thousands of members. The situation you've encountered is precisely why I***s (or anyone else, for that matter) is not part of that dealer list.

To answer your questions, many of our dealers have devoted long term customers and they care a great deal about retaining their business. Many people here have made more than 5 purchases from the same dealer, and always receive the same level of service and commitment as they would with a person placing their first order, because that's what we expect from our TDs here.

No TD produces reps, nor does I***s, they all come from the same area in China and from the same sources there. Because of this, prices are fair and for the most part, even across the board. As Ruski has said, the prices may seem fair as they're not exorbitant compared to some websites, but you're overpaying significantly for reps of the same quality that could be acquired through someone on the forum. There are a great many people here who can attest to the quality of reps they've purchased here, and you won't find better anywhere else, because as stated they're all coming from the same source in China. What you see with our TDs is what you get, and on top of that you're afforded several luxuries during the transaction, such as QC pictures and in some cases timegrapher and/or WR testing.

When a mistake is made with a TD, often times the situation can be rectified privately and relatively swiftly between the dealer and the seller. If the wrong watch is sent, they'll fix it. If a problem occurs with the watch on or immediately following arrival, they'll offer to replace it or negotiate a share of the repair cost locally. If a watch is seized or lost, many times a TD will reship without delay, fronting the cost out of their own pocket. Sometimes a discount is offered or free shipping if a mistake is made on the next order, on top of attempting to fix that mistake, because our TDs value our business. On top of all that, they are fair and honest people, you certainly won't be shuffled around for 3 months waiting to hear anything at all.

If on the off chance an agreement cannot be reached between the customer and the TD, you have the benefit of the RWI staff to intervene, which has helped reached an amicable end to many a dispute in the past when needed, although it seldom reaches that point. That is certainly a benefit of buying here, as you'll get no help from staff should things go awry with I***s or any other dealer not supported by this forum.

To answer your last question, yes I know many dealers that fit the criteria you have outlined, and I'll gladly post them here. They can all be found here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/6-Replica-Watch-Dealers?tabid=56 and here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/320-Supporting-Vendors

Each TD or SV has their own review section, where you can go over their business style and previous transactions, and you'll find the vast majority of them are positive for each because our dealers strive to deliver exactly what is expected of them here. I recommend you do some more reading on where reps come from and why it is unwise to continue dealing with I***s or other websites outside the influence of this forum. It will benefit you in the long run, and also save you quite a bit of money.

One last thing, you keep referring to I***s as one of "these dealers". Please do not confuse them with a trusted dealer, who has worked very hard and proven themselves time and again on the forums in order to earn that status. There are TDs, and then there are random (and usually scam, if not in product then in price) websites.

Hope you get your current situation worked out, and in the future choose instead to use one of the many great TDs and SVs provided for you here.

Good luck.

timeisbakyn

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/9/14
Thanks for the reply. I've been a memeber since September, but just became active a couple of weeks ago and VIP less than a week ago. I do believe I mentioned iswss as not being a trusted dealer. That makes sense he brought up Andrew, actually that's hilarious... he was my first dealer that went down hill..good old trusty. What's crazy is that I'm a very loyal customer that gives multiple chances when a mistake is made. But after being lied to 4 times and 3 months of waiting... that's just insane.

I've made my first order from a dealer off RWI already and can already tell the process will have a higher probability of success.

Thanks again

timeisbakyn

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/9/14
I feel for you buddy - they used to be called ******** and they are ridiculously overpriced. I bought two watches from them and everything was fine and delivered as promised, but the prices .. omg. That was off-course before i found RWI as well. But if you look at their prices and compare with our TD's you will see that they are up-charging 150 - 250 for every watch.

They emailed me a few years ago .... hey you havent bought from us in a while, are you interested. So i figured for shits and giggles i would engage in a chat with them about their prices as compared to some of the other td's around. As you can imagine, most of them know each other and are at least aware of each other.

They brought up Andrew and joshes name on their own and started telling me all the standard BS about how J/A's movements are junk while theirs are grade AAAA top of the line yada yada yada. ... while i dont think they scam people (Since i did get both of my orders from them) the pricing is astronomical and i would naturally never order from them again (Let alone i would have zero support from the forum)

Bottom line - good that you found RWI, and stick to the trusted dealers here, that way you will never get burned again.
One more thing. . Their watches are not just sub par. They are darn near close to gens that I own. Hopefully you are right saying they compare to the TD's here. They have to be better because they belong to this community right, awesome following. .

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
You're right, you called them a shady dealer in your thread title, I may have simply misread the body of your post and drawn a conclusion that wasn't actually there. My apologies.

Sounds like you're quite a level headed individual, so I'm positive your experience with one of our TDs will more than meet your expectations.

What did you end up buying, if you don't mind my asking?

edit: Unless you're buying something from one of the specialized vendors here (TC, BK, etc) then all the watches are sourced from the same place. Sounds like they were selling the high quality stuff, just overcharging for it. Depending on what you've purchased from our TDs (because not all models are repped to the same standards, popular watches are naturally given more attention to detail) you should see comparable quality at least.

timeisbakyn

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/9/14
You're right, you called them a shady dealer in your thread title, I may have simply misread the body of your post and drawn a conclusion that wasn't actually there. My apologies.

Sounds like you're quite a level headed individual, so I'm positive your experience with one of our TDs will more than meet your expectations.

What did you end up buying, if you don't mind my asking?

edit: Unless you're buying something from one of the specialized vendors here (TC, BK, etc) then all the watches are sourced from the same place. Sounds like they were selling the high quality stuff, just overcharging for it. Depending on what you've purchased from our TDs (because not all models are repped to the same standards, popular watches are naturally given more attention to detail) you should see comparable quality at least.
Apology is unessesary my friend, no offense given. After doing some research, I found the 2014 rep of the year thread and decided to go with the fifty fathoms. Fantastic RWI memeber reviews backed by pictures has me getting a little excited. If I fall in love, I may have to sell/trade a gen for a gen FF! Do you have one?

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Apology is unessesary my friend, no offense given. After doing some research, I found the 2014 rep of the year thread and decided to go with the fifty fathoms. Fantastic RWI memeber reviews backed by pictures has me getting a little excited. If I fall in love, I may have to sell/trade a gen for a gen FF! Do you have one?

Ahh, good choice that, I know a lot of people are extremely pleased with theirs. I've not got one myself, it's a good looking watch but unfortunately it just doesn't move me as far as divers go. Being that it is the rep of the year however, you might find a gen FF to be a redundant addition to your collection! But then, there is a certain je ne sais quoi about the gen that some people just can't get from reps, so you'll have to compare the two and see if it's worth the upgrade down the line :)

Be sure to post some pics when you receive it!

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Edited the name out of my novel of a first post in this thread to save you the trouble, DVL.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Do not post links to scam sites. There are plenty of those arounds - we don't care. At the end of the day it is your money, but stick to our trusted dealers.

@Dowbs: Noted ;)

C5000

29/6/12
"super loyal customer" is a label and a set of behaviors that is "others-enhancing" - so you have used your money to enhance your label instead of your life.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Dr. V - my bad on that. I must have missed it in the rules but I thought it was ok if you were discussing it as a scam. In any case the site I posted was taken down a while back and I simply mentioned that they used to be called that.

Again I apologize for any wrong doing. And my only intention for posting was to provide knowledge to prevent others from getting scammed.

whoknows

13/9/13
Rusk91, I think your motive in your original post was well intentioned. But, you will soon discover that after you have been here awhile that you will realize it's not worth the hassle to deal with a REP dealer found by a google search, and the vet's here know better. NOOB's will still ask about __________ insert scam site no matter how many threads there are warning about dealing with a Non-Trusted dealer.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Rusk91, I think your motive in your original post was well intentioned. But, you will soon discover that after you have been here awhile that you will realize it's not worth the hassle to deal with a REP dealer found by a google search, and the vet's here know better. NOOB's will still ask about __________ insert scam site no matter how many threads there are warning about dealing with a Non-Trusted dealer.

Uhh... he's not the OP, he's been here longer than either of us, and it's pretty clear from his initial post that he's well aware TDs are the only way to go in this hobby.

Just saying, I think you're addressing the wrong dude.