• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

what are the most common replicas?

Mr.tourbillon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/15
I am curious what are the most common replicas after the Rolex sub. Especially from 120$ UP reps .

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
most around 120 are going to be quartz. there are dozens of them. AP Roos are popular, PAMS, Omega etc etc. read up, you will find all you need!

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Well if you're asking what's popular above $120, that's a pretty comprehensive list... Rather than list them all, if you're looking for inspiration check the Wrist Check threads, the M2M sales section, and the brand sub-forums for what's popular amongst each brand.

If you're asking what's popular at around $120, not much. Cheapies, quartz, and homages.

edit: Why not make a list though, I have time. Popular reps outside of Rolex, off the top of my head:

AP - ROO/RO/Diver
A Lange & Sohne - Datograph
Bell & Ross - 02-92/02-94/BR-03 series
Blancpain - Fifty Fathoms
Breitling - SOSF/Avenger/SO Heritage/Navitimer
Cartier - Tank/Ballon Bleu
Chopard - Mille Miglia
Hublot - Big Bang/Fusion
IWC - BP/Spitfire/MK series/Top Gun/Porto/Portugese/Ingenieur Laureus
JLC - Navy Seals Diver/Master _______ series
Montblanc - Timewalker
Omega - Seamaster/PO/Speedy
PAMs - Too many to list, assorted 44mm and 47mm.
PP - Nautilus
Sevenfriday - Whatever, they all look the same
Sinn - U1/U2
Tudor - Pelagos/Black Bay
U-boat - Chimaera Chrono/U-42/U-1001/Flightdeck
VC - Overseas/Patrimony

Feel free to add any I've missed, fine forum goers.

Mr.tourbillon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/15
sorry for the misunderstanding when i said 120$+ i meant OVER 120 UP to 9999

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Then the list I made still stands. As for individual versions and makers, I'm not ALE so you'll have to do your own reading on that end.

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Nice work there Dowbs,! he's pretty much covered all bases there. Tudor Pelagos and black bay are sweet too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Good job dowbs I tried to think of something to add and drew a blank lol. Maybe Corum admirals cup?

jpohl402

10/7/12
Honestly I bet Rolex accounts for the majority of reps in the world though!
It's the most well-known watch brand!
Fun fact: Rolex is a not-for-profit company... Not sure how widely known that fact is? Maybe everybody knows, I'm not a big Rolex guy but just throwing that out there ;)

zamberla

Renowned Member
21/6/14
Honestly I bet Rolex accounts for the majority of reps in the world though!
It's the most well-known watch brand!
Fun fact: Rolex is a not-for-profit company... Not sure how widely known that fact is? Maybe everybody knows, I'm not a big Rolex guy but just throwing that out there ;)

How is this possible? The non profit part.

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
How is this possible? The non profit part.

Rolex is quite special for this it's a foundation held by the widsorf familly if i remember well ! It's quite unique for a society like Rolex to have the chance of keeping their place as a foundation !

Tempus fugit, utere.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Nice work there Dowbs,! he's pretty much covered all bases there. Tudor Pelagos and black bay are sweet too

Good job dowbs I tried to think of something to add and drew a blank lol. Maybe Corum admirals cup?

Cheers guys, added them to the list along with a few other obvious ones I missed (Cartier Santos, anyone?) haha.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Cheers guys, added them to the list along with a few other obvious ones I missed (Cartier Santos, anyone?) haha.

Santos is basically a square tank didn't think I'd make you add it [emoji6]

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Santos is basically a square tank didn't think I'd make you add it [emoji6]

True but the Santos is by far the better looking of the two, it deserves to be there :p

Fiveostang

6/11/12
Agreed the santos is the best Cartier rep available.

JAFO

16/10/13
I had a 21j Santos and I really liked it. Even the 21js are pretty damn good.

D

d4m.test

It belongs there for the historic relevance (from wiki): In 1904, the Brazilian pioneer aviator, Alberto Santos-Dumont complained to his friend Louis Cartier of the unreliability and impracticality of using pocket watches while flying. Cartier designed a flat wristwatch with a distinctive square bezel. This watch was liked by not only Santos-Dumont but also many other customers. Thus the "Santos" was born. This was Cartier's first men's wristwatch.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
I love my Santos 100 ultimate. I wear that one and actually wear it proud. The others watches are simply tucked underneath my sleeves