• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repp'd Rolex Glidelock Clasp

sdsailor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/15
Ladies n Gents - been searching the forum for awhile trying to find if anyone has repp'd the Rollie Glidelock clasp as can be seen in this photo:

116660clasp.jpg

Looks like an awesome piece enabling the user multiple settings for length on the fly whereas the Oysterlock only has the one lengthening setting. Anyone have some input for me or a link if I'm an idiot and overlooked someone else's discussion?

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Have you tried just searching "Glidelock" in the Rollie section? I just did and got quite a few hits, seems like quite a few different reps include that clasp as standard equipment. Unless you're looking for just the clasp? Then you might be better emailing some TDs and asking if they can sell you a bracelet (or just the clasp) for one of the aforementioned models.

sdsailor

19/1/15
I'm more looking for just the clasp, and strangely, all the photos of watches that are alleged to come with the glidelock clasp don't actually show it's adjusting functions, leading me to wonder if in fact the clasp was reproduced in its entirety or if it's just a look-alike from the outside. Anyone here have one on their watch they'd be willing to post some photos of?

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
it works. i have a dssd. you can get it from any of the TDs here. but you would need to get the entire bracelet.

Dparker1901

4/3/15
Retina, do you have the Noob DSSD? I want to purchase this weekend but wanted to see how it is holding over time for you. Also wanted see if the Noob version had the Glidelock. Thanks!

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
yes it does. regardless of maker. mine has been running since it came in the mail 24 hours ago. adjusted the bracelet length for a perfect fit, unlike the older clasps which are either always too big or too small.

image0r

14/11/14
I have a BK DSSD, you can't go wrong with one of those. The watch is fantastic.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
yes it does. regardless of maker. mine has been running since it came in the mail 24 hours ago. adjusted the bracelet length for a perfect fit, unlike the older clasps which are either always too big or too small.

Post a pic Bro, the DSSDs are my favorites !

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
I'm more looking for just the clasp, and strangely, all the photos of watches that are alleged to come with the glidelock clasp don't actually show it's adjusting functions, leading me to wonder if in fact the clasp was reproduced in its entirety or if it's just a look-alike from the outside. Anyone here have one on their watch they'd be willing to post some photos of?

Hype words aside (Ultimate, 1:1, etc) TDs are generally pretty truthful when it comes to what functions and what doesn't on a rep. I guess it's pretty natural to be suspicious if you're new to the rep game but trust me when I say if something was amiss, you'd hear about it here. Incessantly.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I have actually NOT ever heard of a DSSD rep with a nonfuctioning glidelock clasp, but some canal street versions MIGHT be this way

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
there you go buddy ;)

Oh man thats a beauty !

Heres a pic of mine
a 42PO version (also called the V7 by "unknown maker")
With a gen ETA, BP bezel insert, homemade pearl base,Wjean shark mesh bracelet, and custom endlinks

slpuwAo.jpg

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
@Dave

thats a one of a kind! really awesome combo!

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
And Op, heres a pic of my glidelock

9Tvmy3Y.jpg

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
What gen models have this style of glidelock clasp? I don't think any of the 116610s are coming with it, should they be?

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I think this clasp is unique to the Deepsea Dweller, and the Deepsea Challange (which was never released to the public).
Im not sure about the new ceramic SD4000 though, it might have it.

But no Submariners have ever come with this type

EDIT: after a little research, the new SD4000 does not have the DSSD style glidelock, it is fitted with the Submariner style clasp

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
It seems like the clasps we are getting with our Submariners are EasyLink clasps, not GlideLock.

However, on the Rolex site it says that the Submariner comes with a GlideLock clasp.
I've just been thinking this is an error we have been over looking. Please correct me if I'm wrong

ViperGTS

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
1/1/10
has the reliability of these clasps gotten better? I could have sworn there were horror stories about them unbuckling by themselves

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
It seems like the clasps we are getting with our Submariners are EasyLink clasps, not GlideLock.

However, on the Rolex site it says that the Submariner comes with a GlideLock clasp.
I've just been thinking this is an error we have been over looking. Please correct me if I'm wrong

You might be right !