• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Haven't worked on watches in a while, decided to go balls out with a PAM569

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
First, of course I did a relume. It was pretty good from the factory but a little too light compared to all the gen pics I looked at. Not that I needed a reason to relume, because that's just what I do. It's difficult to photograph, but it came out very nicely. Slightly darker and more rich looking. Of course, it won't be the brightest thing out there because of the vintage pigment added to the mix, but it's still very nice.

I also went ahead and swapped in a Swiss ETA movement I had. Wasn't a direct swap, but I made it work. Didn't need to do a full service because the movement was in good condition, minus possibly being a little dry. So as I was tearing down and stripping the chrono parts, I went ahead and broke out the moebius and made sure everything was lubed. Then of course it needs to be timed and after a bit of fidgeting got it damn near spot on! I was very happy with that. I might break it down to the bare case and pressure test it, since all the gaskets are greased anyways, I just forgot about it turning assembly.

Enjoy the pics! :)

EA3x0N.jpg

mr9Xqt.jpg

71XtZU.jpg

aWBSTa.jpg

qbcXQK.jpg

3F5S6P.jpg

o0pzlu.jpg

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Thanks guys.

Very soon here I'll be taking it apart to pressure test the case. I'll report back with how that goes.

RistiJack

Horology Curious
13/8/14
That looks great. Looks like mine may have gotten snagged by customs in Chicago. Going to pm you in a few.

Irishcain

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/2/13
Nicely done. Which movement did you use?

RistiJack

Horology Curious
13/8/14
Got mine. Customs didn't snag it. [emoji4]
Going to PM you here in a sec.

2c24bc5fe7dd21a13ccbe3133fd97edf.jpg

infamous18

I'm Pretty Popular
11/12/13
Really too bad you aren't a supported vendor here. It would seem RWI could greatly benefit from your many talents. Not sure if you ever approached the boss in regards to getting authorized, although I personally think you would be an asset to the community. Then again I don't know if you have a busy life and that could be the reason. Your 111 was nothing short from perfect. Kudos!!

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Strodda,

Came out looking great. Now it is virtually bulletproof. Did you get it water proof tested? Curious to know the results.

:)

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Yes I did test it. I dont know how highly rated the case is, but I test to 5atm and it came out dry.

Really too bad you aren't a supported vendor here. It would seem RWI could greatly benefit from your many talents. Not sure if you ever approached the boss in regards to getting authorized, although I personally think you would be an asset to the community. Then again I don't know if you have a busy life and that could be the reason. Your 111 was nothing short from perfect. Kudos!!

Thanks!

I've thought about it, but haven't done anything about it yet. I've been fairly busy doung work for a small group of friends, who are also rep collectors...movement servicing and modding, and the occasional relume.