• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Straps - how have you chosen yours?

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Hi!

I have an incoming PAM111 but I'm not sure about the default strap.

Thus I'm looking for some alternatives. Problem is that the list of options is huge and the price range very wide.

So, I'm wondering... how have you chosen your straps? Any recommended "optimal" price point for a decent leather strap?

Thank you!

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Straps are very personal matter - it all depends on your taste/style etc.
You can get really nice straps in various price ranges --- from 40 - 250 and even higher.

Here are some examples:

- Kingnob (Chimera) on ebay has various straps in the 40-100 range (but these are quite similar to our rep straps, so for some, its not worth the money)

- Panatime: Everything from gator print to real gator and other great styles. More on the cheaper end of strap spectrum. Their Rios subdivision is more high end and so is the cost.

- Orloff Straps: Custom made by hand in Italy, phenomenal straps and in the 90-140 range

Also take a look at some of our inhouse trusted strap makers - like i said, its all about what type of a strap you are looking for and what your budget is. For really high end quality, expect to pay 100-200 for a great strap.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
First question is are you looking for a hand-made strap or you want a machine-made strap? I prefer hand-made and my favourite strapmakers sell for 80-150 usd, Bakeka, Orloff, Dirk, Gunny and Simona Di Stefano are in that price range. No need to spend more imho.

If you want something decent and not too much expensive you can check Panatime, they sell nice pre-made straps. Quality will not be on par with above makers, but they couldbe a way to "taste the waters" :)

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Straps are very personal matter - it all depends on your taste/style etc.
You can get really nice straps in various price ranges --- from 40 - 250 and even higher.

Here are some examples:

- Kingnob (Chimera) on ebay has various straps in the 40-100 range (but these are quite similar to our rep straps, so for some, its not worth the money)

- Panatime: Everything from gator print to real gator and other great styles. More on the cheaper end of strap spectrum. Their Rios subdivision is more high end and so is the cost.

- Orloff Straps: Custom made by hand in Italy, phenomenal straps and in the 90-140 range

Also take a look at some of our inhouse trusted strap makers - like i said, its all about what type of a strap you are looking for and what your budget is. For really high end quality, expect to pay 100-200 for a great strap.

Thanks. I've already seen Chimera. If your opinion is that quality is similar to the rep versions, then no need to spend money on that.

I don't find the designs of Panatime that interesting but Orloff definitely has something. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
First question is are you looking for a hand-made strap or you want a machine-made strap? I prefer hand-made and my favourite strapmakers sell for 80-150 usd, Bakeka, Orloff, Dirk, Gunny and Simona Di Stefano are in that price range. No need to spend more imho.

If you want something decent and not too much expensive you can check Panatime, they sell nice pre-made straps. Quality will not be on par with above makers, but they couldbe a way to "taste the waters" :)

Thanks for the list of strap makers in the 80-150 USD range. It seems that this is the sweet spot and I'll definitely take a look on their offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
If you are looking for a quick and cheap strap while you decide on what you'd like to spend a little bit more on, I would suggest Hadley Roma. Their straps are around $20 and have a good selection. I'm wearing one now actually

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06

The ones in red are machine made as well. Just a FYI.

But the question is right on. Do you want a custom hand made product or are you ok with a mass produced machine made one? That will usually point you in the right direction. From there it mostly comes down to what leathers you like and think will look good.

timeonmyside

22/3/14
I picked up my first handmade from Malio Straps. I think with shipping it came out to around $120. Its by far my most favorite strap! I recently order an Orloff strap so I'm excited to get that in the week or two. Will definitely update with pics.

Helldiver

Renowned Member
25/9/12
Look at the strap sale tread. Always some nice one on the offer. Already some really nice one for 30$.

C5000

29/6/12
I've gotten 2 gator straps from Orloff, and I think they really make the watch...they are high-end, especially for the money. I wouldn't hesitate to give him a try.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Everyone has their favourites. I've owned more than 50 straps from a good variety of makers. I'd recommend going for something in the $80-150 range, and recommend Malio, Rocco, Bosphorus and Gunny. I love SNPR too but his are 175 and once you get there, there's also GSD. Check out the Risti accessory collectors market. You can find some nice deals there on new and lightly used straps. But it can be a bit like collecting reps. A bit of a money pit in search of the best strap. Be sure if you're gonna fork out a lot on a new strap though. If you're not into it, you'll usually only get 50-60% back when you try to sell it in M2M.

watchismo

31/7/13
59bdc6adee818eea36382d52e7dce47f.jpg

$12.50 nato strap for me today [emoji6]

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Hamilton makes great straps and we'll worth the price. Look what other people have on their 111s see what works for you

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
I purchased two straps from strap-works before CNY and they arrived yesterday. I would really recommend them as they are made close to OEM style and quality is good. Not forgetting they are cheap as well! from 30+ -> 120usd.

dj_enu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/13
some times high price dosnt mean good quality. best way to choose-take it in hand)

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Everyone has their favourites. I've owned more than 50 straps from a good variety of makers. I'd recommend going for something in the $80-150 range, and recommend Malio, Rocco, Bosphorus and Gunny. I love SNPR too but his are 175 and once you get there, there's also GSD. Check out the Risti accessory collectors market. You can find some nice deals there on new and lightly used straps. But it can be a bit like collecting reps. A bit of a money pit in search of the best strap. Be sure if you're gonna fork out a lot on a new strap though. If you're not into it, you'll usually only get 50-60% back when you try to sell it in M2M.

Thank you! Malio has some interesting options.