• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[HIDDEN CAMERA] Video Footage of China Stores selling High Quality Reps!

ztealth

11/8/13
Don't know if anyone posted this but here is a hidden camera footage of stores selling high quality replica watches, like noob factory, in a secluded location in Guang Zhou. Maybe the next time you go to China, you can test your luck too!

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
i assume the prices were in usd. extremely pricey compared to the TDs here.

Tony S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/2/14
I don't know if I'm missing something here, but holiday resorts in Turkey, Egypt, Spain etc. openly sell replicas - is it the sheer scale of choice here that is the talking point?

JAFO

16/10/13
Those are most likely the first prices they gave him. You never pay the first price that's tossed out at you.

cyberwarhol

Renowned Member
28/7/13
It doesn't look like a hidden video. Towards the end, you can see the reflection off the IWC that something is rectangular. Either a phone or a tablet.

I also noticed that throughout the walk in the beginning, you can kinda see watches at different places and I also read 'watches' on a lot of signs. Seems like they are selling watches everywhere!!

Sent from my[emoji336]using Tapatalk [emoji355]

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Um, it's just a video of GZ Watchmarket. Clocktower building unless I'm mistaken.

Jong

Renowned Member
12/8/13
Why would the Chinese salesperson tell him the price in USD? If those prices are in RMB, those are some nice deals...

Eddie Tupper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/14
Definitely enjoyed checking out the birds arse at the beginning.....I'm sure the front view would have been just as pleasant.

Legger

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/11
Definitely enjoyed checking out the birds arse at the beginning.....I'm sure the front view would have been just as pleasant.

Agreed - it got worse after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
2 of the IWC's were quartz, and the last one was 21J. The Aquanaut looked to have a rolex datewheel.

JAFO

16/10/13
I seriously doubt the prices were in Yuan. Although 72 bucks for a cheapy 21j would be about right...

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
Why would the Chinese salesperson tell him the price in USD? If those prices are in RMB, those are some nice deals...

you have obviously never worked with a chinese before :bounce:

theres no barriers when it comes to understanding money

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
I don't know if I'm missing something here, but holiday resorts in Turkey, Egypt, Spain etc. openly sell replicas - is it the sheer scale of choice here that is the talking point?
Yes you're missing something huge.
The reps you get from THOSE countries, OPENLY are usually cheap crap that wouldn't fool a secondary school child.
These are ELITE replicas which give some ADs a hard time to recognise.