• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DSSD clasp problem

Scouserat1995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/12/14
Bought my first DSSD from puretime few weeks ago and really am happy with it i am having trouble with the clasp the bit that extends for larger wrists keeps on opening and extending right the way out on my wrist making it awfully loose lol anyone know what the problem is? It is a Noob DSSD 1:1 thanks guys

anonwatchguy

24/11/14
Loose Glidelock lever is a common problem with the 2014 DSSD. I have posted suggested fixes elsewhere but here goes...

BK recommends building up the sides of the lever with JB Weld so that the lever has a tight fit when closed. I wasn't too confident in doing this myself so I tried something a little different with good success.

I fixed my loose Glidelock by using a small amount Super Glue Gel on one side of the lever hinge (the part that folds underneath the thumb pull part of the Glidelock lever). It helps by making the hinge joints stiffer and adds a little thickness for a tighter fit when closed (same idea as BK's fix). I can still open and close the lever to adjust the bracelet if necessary.

Do it at your own risk! The key is to go with a very small amount, I mean really small amount of Gel with each application. You don't want to glue your lever shut. I would not recommend using liquid superglue as you can't control where it goes very well. I used a toothpick to apply a very small amount along the side of the hinge and on the two joints. I did two applications a couple of days apart and haven't had any problems since.

anonwatchguy

24/11/14
My BK (Noob) DSSD:

150110_cropped_zps36aedc13.jpg

Scouserat1995

24/12/14
Ok thanks for your advice i will give it ago in the next few days as its becoming annoying thanks

anonwatchguy

24/11/14
@RollTide: The DSSD clasp is a little different than the Sub-C. My fix only relates to a loose Glidelock lever on the DSSD, i.e. the part that flips up so you can adjust the bracelet length. On the 2014 DSSDs it is very loose and will fall out of place during regular wear which then causes the bracelet to go to max length. My fix tightens up the loose lever so it does not fall out of place during regular use.

Snoweagle

29/1/15
Having the same issue on my Noob 1:1 DSSD (2014) but with careful usage it'll just stay in place. Wish it was a tad tighter.

anonwatchguy

24/11/14
You want to apply it to the side of the hinge - the part that folds and has two hinges - not the actual lever. I'll post a photo illustration later when I have time.

anonwatchguy

24/11/14
See below for illustration of where I put the super glue gel to tighten up the DSSD Glidelock lever:

leverhinge_zps5ee0896c.jpg