• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wait starts for my TC V6!

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Good evening gentlemen,

So I finally pulled the trigger on a TC V6 with his new TC 16610 insert (which i have to say looks pretty damn close to gen!). I've been a member for a little while but I'm proud to say that this is my first rep watch, and after doing a lot of homework I feel TC was the way to go! I'll post some pics as soon as I get the piece. On a side note, TC emailed me saying turnaround time is 19-21 days, but I have seen that a lot of members have waited nearly 2 months. Also.. a little worried about having pulled the trigger so close to CNY... any thoughts? Anyway super excited!

Cheers, gents!

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
Very cool! Congrats!

Maybe his parts suppliers picked up the throughput, but I ordered 61 days ago (+- 2 days), and it just arrived today. It's currently sitting at my university's package center, waiting for me! Can't wait.

Rollout

21/2/13
Los Angeles, CA
Congrats on your choice. I just received my V6 today and I am very happy with it. You will be happy with the watch too however don't expect a miracle on the insert. I too had high hopes for the TC insert but after seeing it today I feel the insert is one of the biggest disappointments. Pearl lume is not perfectly round in fact when it glows you can see the distortion more easily, also the pearl is not perfectly centered on the triangle, and the overall finish of the insert seems more glassier/shinier than the gen insert.

I may have just gotten a bad insert so your experience may be different. Aside from needing a gen insert I think the only other must have gen item is still the crystal. The date magnifier does not have true AR.

Regarding shipping time my personal experience was that I was quoted 30 days but it was really more like 60 days. Not a huge issue, overall I think the watch is definitely worth the wait and the $$.

ecal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/4/13
Hi Speedy,

May I ask when did you email TC to place your order? I emailed him last week to place an order but haven't got a word from him yet. Not getting impatience, just wanna know the average turnaround for him to get back to me to confirm and make payment before the REAL WAIT starts again.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Great choice speedt.

TC can take a few days to reply to emails, but he usually does reply.

60 days is a more realistic expectation.

I am about 25 days in to my wait for a LV with LV insert. It may take a while :)

dandan

1/10/13
Hi Guys,

I was added to his work log on Jan 9th and was told delivery would be 30 - 45 days, for a V6. Maybe he is turning them around quicker now.

Can I ask does TC send shipping confirmation or does the package just turn up unannounced at your front door?

ecal

MULTI ACCOUNT
13/4/13
GUYS!

TC replied and I need to decide soon. A quick one.

The build will come with the new LV insert. But I can mount the black TC 16610 insert upon request. You and check out more pictures of the new TC 16610 insert (first look)

Can anyone point me the difference between this 2 insert? Both look great on pics. Which is more "gen-like" ? TIA!

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
GUYS!

The build will come with the new LV insert. But I can mount the black TC 16610 insert upon request. You and check out more pictures of the new TC 16610 insert (first look)

Can anyone point me the difference between this 2 insert? Both look great on pics. Which is more "gen-like" ? TIA!

I haven't seen the LV insert in person. Which one is more gen-like? It might be better to come at it from another angle... The whole "gen-like" thing can be overwhelming. I think the LN insert is very good. You will not be questioned because of it. The LV in photos looks very good too; I can't imagine being called out because of it. However, the GEN insert of either one would be the best choice. Back-to-back, the TC LN vs GEN is excellent. Some flaws, yes... but what replica doesn't have tells?

I think it'd be better to decide if you want a black insert or a green one. I find the green LV insert to look nice and be more casual.... I find the LN inset to be slightly "dressier" given the LV dials larger indices (which I feel looks more casual than the LN dial).

Personal preference... how about this. Buy both a TC LN and an LV watch. :)

Phil_T

Known Member
9/11/14
GUYS!

When did you send your original email?, Waiting for him to reply to make payment and I also sent email last week but don't want to bug him

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Well I suppose I shouldn't get too jumpy about TC's projected timeline. Sounds to me like I'm looking at a 2 month wait... :(
BTW I saw TC's new LV insert on his blog but wasn't aware that It was available. Very interested in picking one up. Chris9 how much did the LV insert set you back?? Disappointed to hear about the new LN insert though.... I went for it when I found out the Caddell Vintage was curved.... After looking at/comparing pics, TC 16610ln insert looked like the way to go.

Rollout

21/2/13
Los Angeles, CA
Well I suppose I shouldn't get too jumpy about TC's projected timeline. Sounds to me like I'm looking at a 2 month wait... :(
BTW I saw TC's new LV insert on his blog but wasn't aware that It was available. Very interested in picking one up. Chris9 how much did the LV insert set you back?? Disappointed to hear about the new LN insert though.... I went for it when I found out the Caddell Vintage was curved.... After looking at/comparing pics, TC 16610ln insert looked like the way to go.

Between the two inserts; vintage insert and new TC insert., I would take the TC insert any day simply because of the flatter profile. However in my opinion neither are gen-like in appearance. I think you could get away with having the TC insert on there for a while until you get a gen insert, that's how I look at it.

I wish I had a macro lens so I can show you why I'm not too happy with the TC insert. I'll try and take close up pics tonight.

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
My only question for you Rollout, is whether or not the nearly $200.00 price tag is worth it for a gen insert? Also, Phil_T just be patient. As other members have indicated TC is a VERY busy gentleman. I've been in contact with TC back and forth for the past 2 weeks before payment. He usually responds within maximum 2 or 3 days.

ecal

MULTI ACCOUNT
13/4/13
Between the two inserts; vintage insert and new TC insert., I would take the TC insert any day simply because of the flatter profile. However in my opinion neither are gen-like in appearance. I think you could get away with having the TC insert on there for a while until you get a gen insert, that's how I look at it.

I wish I had a macro lens so I can show you why I'm not too happy with the TC insert. I'll try and take close up pics tonight.

looking foward to this too

asdfpenguin

8/9/14
I placed my order December 11th and haven't received it yet...I'm getting so excited!!

Rollout

21/2/13
Los Angeles, CA
Ok here are the best close up pics I could take on the pearl. After seeing the pearl under magnification I was able to identify what looks like a large scratch on the upper left portion of the pearl! Also notice the blotchiness of the lume and the uneven application. The dark spots on the pearl are not shadows they are uneven spots in the lume and are very noticeable especially when fluorescing. Also as you can see in the last pic, the pearl is off center and right justified in the triangle. It seems like its not a big deal in the photo but with the naked eye its pretty obvious its off center.

To me this pearl is a step backward in the development of the perfect insert. As I mentioned before however, I may have just gotten a bad insert unfortunately.

Full_Size_Render_4.jpg

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

pearl.jpg

Rollout

21/2/13
Los Angeles, CA
My only question for you Rollout, is whether or not the nearly $200.00 price tag is worth it for a gen insert?

If you are purchasing a TC sub then you did so with the intent on finding the best rep submariner on the market. I plan to wear this watch daily and will more than likely have family, friends, and coworkers notice the watch and want to look at it closer. With that being said I don't think most of them will notice things like the lugs being sharper than gen or that the date wheel is left justified. Those things are only really evident when compared side by side with a gen.

HOWEVER, I think it doesn't take an expert to see that there is something wrong with the pearl. The poor craftsmanship of the pearl is something that would make even someone new to Rolex question why a $5k watch would have such a poorly constructed part. To me, the $200 I spend for the gen insert will buy peace of mind and will make the difference between a high quality rep and a nearly flawless rep. Add an LEC & AR'd crystal and sand/polish the edges of the lugs per gen and you now have a near gen-like rep.

5ive-Digits-0nly

*Motoring Enthusiast*
Certified
19/10/13
Everywhere
Very insightful post Rollout, thanks for posting the pics! Still it's saddening to hear (and now see the flaws). With that being said, however, I'm still super excited nonetheless. Decided to go for the 16610ln simply because they don't make them anymore and although I don't hate the Ceramic, it's not my favourite either. TC's subs are the closest to gen i have ever seen; certainly wouldn't expect to be called out at all unless side by side with gen. Anyway now I see what you mean about the insert, so if I can source a gen one for a reasonable price I will have to jump on it by the looks of it! Any idea if TC's new LV insert is any better?

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
Wow, Oct 2013 until now, you've really sat back in the shadows doing your research!

I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. Can't go wrong with a TC it seems.

asdfpenguin

8/9/14
I think the gen insert is definitely worth it. I've already sourced one for my TC for when it finally arrives!!