• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Little help with Western Union?

elpadrino

Horology Curious
28/10/14
Hi guys,

I am buying my first rep through Lucy and i see her preferred payment method is WU, which is fine with me, whatever is easiest for them.

However, i have not used WU before and i don't want to make a mistake and loose out on £270.

I am given two options for the delivery method, Bank Account, and Cash at agent location. With the information I have been given i'm assuming its not a bank account as i would need her bank details? So would it be Cash at agent location?

If so, when i click on that option, the only information it needs from me is the first and last name, thats it? Not even the City...?

For someone who has used WU before or who has bought a watch through Lucy, would you be able to help me out as i'm new and i don't want to make any mistakes here.

I have emailed Lucy asking this but obviously due to the time difference and her being busy she hasn't yet replied.

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
Ok, first off - please edit that post and remove her WU info. That's private and shouldn't be posted.

Now, to answer your question: Don't try to pay via WU online. More than likely it's going to get rejected because WU has flagged a lot of the dealers. So your best bet is to go to a WU physical location. All you have to provide there is the name of the recipient and the country. Make sure you write out the name exactly as it was given to you. The whole process will take you five minutes. And you want to send it as Cash In Minutes.

Lastly, you'll get your printout from WU that has your MTCN on it. You'll send that to Lucy along with your info - name, address, where the transfer came from, etc.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Dude what is wrong with you ?

Would you like it if someone posted all your info on the Net ?

Not exactly the coolest thing to do !

mrrusty

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
15/3/14
Edit your post and delete those details!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elpadrino

Horology Curious
28/10/14
Dude what is wrong with you ?

Would you like it if someone posted all your info on the Net ?

Not exactly the coolest thing to do !

Sorry about that, I just assumed that because she is a dealer here people would know that information anyway.

I have deleted the information.

JamesU

Known Member
29/6/14
I've paid by WU twice to Trevor and i just needed his Name and City.

Next time i have to give a few other details which i'm not prepared to do/can't be bothered to do.

So i'll be going to my local WU place near where i live... I'm sure there is a Londis shop near me that does it and as you're from the UK too maybe find this?

Or a corner shop, they may do it, best to just go and ask.

If not i'm sure somewhere in the Town or City you live will have a big yellow sign with WU Accepted Here - i'm sure i've seen these in my Town too.

HTH

James.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Sorry about that, I just assumed that because she is a dealer here people would know that information anyway.

I have deleted the information.

You are right, we do know that.
But we are not the only people who read this or have access to this post.

Thankyou for deleting that

elpadrino

Horology Curious
28/10/14
Ok, first off - please edit that post and remove her WU info. That's private and shouldn't be posted.

Now, to answer your question: Don't try to pay via WU online. More than likely it's going to get rejected because WU has flagged a lot of the dealers. So your best bet is to go to a WU physical location. All you have to provide there is the name of the recipient and the country. Make sure you write out the name exactly as it was given to you. The whole process will take you five minutes. And you want to send it as Cash In Minutes.

Lastly, you'll get your printout from WU that has your MTCN on it. You'll send that to Lucy along with your info - name, address, where the transfer came from, etc.

Sorry for posting the information, i have now deleted it.

Is there no way i am able to send the money through the website?

JAFO

16/10/13
Sorry for posting the information, i have now deleted it.

Is there no way i am able to send the money through the website?

You can try but most likely it's gonna get flagged and rejected by WU. If you look at the city you're trying to send it to, you'll have a good idea of why they reject those payments. That's the rep capitol of the world lol.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
What They said. Lucy is a great Dealer. I used WU in California and I always just got the cash from the bank went to the western union office in my case in a drugstore and picked up the yellow western union phone gave the guy the info he asked for he then gave me a temporary number which I took to the cashier gave her the cash then she gave me a receipt with the other number you need to give to Lucy. best to deal just in cash keep your identity to a minimum.

JAFO

16/10/13
Back when I used to have to pay via WU, my local WU required you to pay in cash. But it's still just such a simple process. I wouldn't have a bit of problem if my TDs stopped accepting paypal altogether - I'd just go back to using WU.

elpadrino

Horology Curious
28/10/14
Back when I used to have to pay via WU, my local WU required you to pay in cash. But it's still just such a simple process. I wouldn't have a bit of problem if my TDs stopped accepting paypal altogether - I'd just go back to using WU.

I've read around on the site and seen that some dealers don't like using PayPal because you can file a complaint and the money gets taken away from the dealer and they lose out, or something similar to that?

Do you know if Lucy would accept PayPal as that would be more convenient for me and less time consuming?

Thenextpage

Known Member
8/8/14
You can request your TD to accept a paypal transfer as a "friends and family" transaction. That saves them a high transaction fee, and only will cost you a dollar or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAFO

16/10/13
I don't know if Lucy would accept paypal from you - even if you offered to send via gift/send money to family/friends. The reason is even gift transactions can be disputed. All a buyer has to say is it was an unauthorized transaction and it wreaks all kinds of havoc for the dealers. Honestly, I'd just go to a WU physical location and call it a day. Their website will show you all the locations in your area.

elpadrino

Horology Curious
28/10/14
I don't know if Lucy would accept paypal from you - even if you offered to send via gift/send money to family/friends. The reason is even gift transactions can be disputed. All a buyer has to say is it was an unauthorized transaction and it wreaks all kinds of havoc for the dealers. Honestly, I'd just go to a WU physical location and call it a day. Their website will show you all the locations in your area.

Ok i will send it through WU.

I know you said that the payment may not go through if i send it online but if it doesn't will i get the money back, they just wont send it?

So i can try it still without any risk?

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Ok i will send it through WU.

I know you said that the payment may not go through if i send it online but if it doesn't will i get the money back, they just wont send it?

So i can try it still without any risk?

You can try if you want, they can't legally just pocket the funds if a dealer is flagged, but why would you bother?

There's tons of locations that can process WU payments and it literally takes all of 5 minutes, just go down to one and do it in person.

Eddie Tupper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/14
Of course you can pay through WU online, I have done this literally dozens of times and have never had any issues. One thing to look out for however is that they (WU) will occasionally ask what the purpose of the transaction is for ie. goods, services, rent, gift etc. Be sure to answer 'gift' otherwise you could be putting your dealers WU account at risk.

Eddie.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
. Honestly, I'd just go to a WU physical location and call it a day.

This is hands down the safest way to send money to a trusted dealer. I am all but finished with Paypal for any purchases. Two weeks ago I received a notification that I had sent money to a seller in Russia with a Yandex e-mail account. Now I never buy anything from Russia but Paypal will not take your word for it because they have to look into it once the unauthorized use claim is filed with them. Plus, I had zero money in my PP acct. but they still extracted it from my bank account and held it until they ruled one way or the other. One week later they concluded that someone hacked into my account and they refunded me the (my) money.

Now in the real world who would you give your account details to, no one that's who. But somehow we get the idea that the internet is safe, maybe most of the time but not all the time so why take a chance..I've since changed all passwords but it's a constant battle particularly when you know there is someone is Belarus running algorithms 24 7 to hack into all of our accounts. A roundabout way of saying, eliminate or at least minimize the scammers on the internet including Paypal and go to WU and pay cash. Mini rant over :)

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
For all the reasons cybee said! Western Union is the way to go.