• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should I purchase from pure-time.com?

Hotlux

Horology Curious
10/11/09
Are they a legit dealer? I am ordering a PAM111 and an Omega Planet Ocean.

I tried to process my order using a credit card, but it was declined. I tried another credit card and that too was declined. Pure Time emailed me saying to use Western Union, but I'm afraid that if they don't send the watches as described or not send the watches at all, I'm SOL on the money.

Please tell me if you have recently dealt with them and your experience on the quality of their products.

Fiveostang

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/11/12
Your good. Western union is fine with these guys. If you make an order you will get what you ordered. If there are any issues they will be worked out. The dealers here are very good and pure time has a great reputation. Just be patient and do a little reading. You will be all set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egroegart

1/7/13
Welcome, and please spend some time reading what our site is all about. You will notice that puretime is one of our trusted dealers, which means that they are trusted and legit. Western union is the way to go. There are way too many hassles with credit cards from most banks. so it is just a lot easier to use western union. Most banks are very strict about buying internationally, but some aren't. Don't do western union online. you have to physically go in to a store that has a western union station.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
You've been here since '09 (longer than anyone who's responded thus far) and you don't know whether PT is legit or not? Sorry, not trying to sound like a jerk, just comes off as strange is all.

You should know by now WU payments are a large and widely accepted part of this hobby. Don't worry about getting scammed, a TD isn't going to jeopardize many potential sales and thousands of dollars to screw a single customer out of their cash, and no one retains their TD status long by sending watches that aren't exactly as described (unless it's an accident, which does happen, but they'll fix it in that case). Full disclosure: PT has had some post-sale communications hiccups lately which you might want to do some reading on while you're at it, but if you run in to any of that just PM Angus here on the boards - he checks/responds to those every day.

Just for future reference, if you decide to go through with the sale, yes they will ask you to send payment to Taiwan instead of China - that's normal too. As Egro rightly stated, pay in person not online, WU's system will not allow online payments to TDs to go through in the majority of cases.

bc1221

30/4/14
you can usually find both of those watches in m2m fairly easy.

thats the route i would go.

Hotlux

Horology Curious
10/11/09
I joined this forum in '09 and made a purchase through a dealer that I can't recall. I haven't been active over the last 4 years and have decided to come back and make another purchase, in this event with pure time.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Fair enough, in that case welcome back.

In any event PT is a legit seller and their products will be the same in quality as any other TD, provided you know what you're buying. None of the TDs are responsible for manufacturing watches, they're all sourced from the same factories, so if the same watch is advertised across a group of TDs that'll be what you get regardless of who you get it from. See the above replies regarding WU, it's a commonly used payment method and there really is no benefit (other than convenience) using a CC since an unauthorized chargeback without opening a Help Desk ticket will get you banned and no-saled across the rep fora anyway.

But you shouldn't have to worry about that, you'll get what you pay for from Angus and Co.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Just like my sig says: "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!" Welcome back! [emoji12]

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
A lot of guys here get up from their lounge chairs, [mine is a rocking chair] go up to the nearest Western Union station, send it, and contact the Trusted Dealer with Western Unions secret 10 digit number so they can collect instantantly. Just like cash !! Very safe I would agree. Only Switzerland's banks have a 10 digit 'pin number'. Nothing to worry about !! Rep on ! Enjoy !!

tkhiem

Known Member
25/2/14
I havent been around for long but i have used western union ever since 2013 for this hobby and nothing has gone wrong. Bear in mind its not the Western Union service that you should be worried about, its the dealer. If they are trusted dealer then it is totally ok to deal with them whatever way they think is the best, and in this case it is WU.

Dont worry my friend just do it. The only thing you should be worry now is to earn more and more money so you can spend on rep, like me :D

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Wow. You actually spent the time to do research on me instead of adding something positive to the thread? What an a-hole.

Maybe be you can do my taxes too?

Seriously man, people forget things over a span of 5+ years. I appreciate all the other replies.

It takes about 4 seconds to look that up dude, relax.

Resistor

9/11/14
Wow. You actually spent the time to do research on me instead of adding something positive to the thread? What an a-hole.

Maybe be you can do my taxes too?

Seriously man, people forget things over a span of 5+ years. I appreciate all the other replies.
I spent 3 seconds looking at your profile since another member mentioned your multi-year membership and it was such a ridiculous question. Don't worry, you're not worth anything more than that to me. Carry on, skippy.

Fiveostang

6/11/12
The first thing I did was check your profile when I read the thread too. He was just trying to help that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotlux

Horology Curious
10/11/09
I spent 3 seconds looking at your profile since another member mentioned your multi-year membership and it was such a ridiculous question. Don't worry, your not worth anything more than that to me. Carry on, skippy.

It's you're not 'your'. Obviously, I am worth a lot more than that because you keep posting.

Toodles.

Resistor

9/11/14
Wow. This is the first time I've seen a grammar nazi in a rep forum. Come back in 5yrs and point out another mistake.

Hotlux

Horology Curious
10/11/09
Wow. This is the first time I've seen a grammar nazi in a rep forum. Come back in 5yrs and point out another mistake.

Well this isn't the first time I've ran into a hypocritical d-bag who thinks their smart enough to flame, but can't write a grammatically correct sentence.

And I thought I wasn't worth your time? P..l..e..a..s..e..... I wonder how many times you hit spell check in your last post.

Stay classy, Resistor.