• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver V7 released

dailow5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
Thanks!!! I'm referring to the crown on the 10:00 position. It doesn't look even, like it wasn't cut evenly. Any opinions would be great. Thanks!

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Thanks!!! I'm referring to the crown on the 10:00 position. It doesn't look even, like it wasn't cut evenly. Any opinions would be great. Thanks!

I don't see it.. but then again its nearly 3am here so I may not be seeing anything correctly...
The v7 (assuming the v8 isn't out soon :D ) will be my next AP purchase.

dailow5

7/1/15
The bottom part of the 10:00 crown doesn't sit flush with the case like the other one. There seems to be a noticeable gap on one end.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Ask the dealer:

1. Whether the bezel screw, hour marker, and hands are actually white gold
2. to take out the caseback and see whether its AP cal3120 movement Bi-directional 22kt gold rotor with ceramic ball bearings or not
3. If 1 and 2 fail, reject the qc especially for number 2

Skydrag

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/15
Hi all, sorry for newbie question, planning to buy a AP diver, is V6 and V7 big different ?
and I notice some AP diver have a crooked Date wheel, did this problems solve on this V6 and V7 diver?

dailow5

7/1/15
The date looks straighter than some of the previous pictures I've seen. Btw don't worry about newbie questions or other members. We're all just here to educate and enjoy this hobby.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Hi all, sorry for newbie question, planning to buy a AP diver, is V6 and V7 big different ?
and I notice some AP diver have a crooked Date wheel, did this problems solve on this V6 and V7 diver?

V6 and V7 still has incorrect marker, bezel screw, and hands material as they still use cheap polished steel rather than white gold and also they use wrong movement as the real diver has low beat 21600bph movement with 22k gold bearing rotor. so my suggestion, we wait for V12 and hope they will be VERY MUCH COMPARABLE to gen. :)

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
just wait till v37 and it will be 99.999% close to the gen

seriously. just how close do people get to your watch to notice anything?

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
just wait till v37 and it will be 99.999% close to the gen

seriously. just how close do people get to your watch to notice anything?

the moment they reaching V37 i can guarantee i have gen diver already (even earlier) on my wrist :D if i want to.
:ban::ban:
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif
ban1.gif

dailow5

7/1/15
Sorry if I seem like I'm expecting too much. This is a graduation present for my son, who enjoys watches.

dailow5

7/1/15
On a different note, how long have you had your 458? I just have an old school 308, but would love to have one of those.

carlton

2/10/11
Sorry if I seem like I'm expecting too much. This is a graduation present for my son, who enjoys watches.

I have seen your QC pics and IMO it look great, i will accept it if that was for me. Honestly V7 is really a very well made rep already, even though there is still a couple of minor flaws with it, i can tell you that most people won't be able to tell that it is a rep. What you see on those QC pics are micro shots that normal human eyes won't be able to notice it.

This is a rep, there will always be flaws with it and they are never made to be perfect so that maker will have the chance to upgrade it and earn your money again and again and again for the same watch with every new version.

dailow5

7/1/15
Thanks for the feedback. Point well-taken. Always leave them wanting morr.

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
dailow, i can assure you, your son would love it. i did when i first held it in my hands, so did many people who got a close up on my v7. i had to convince them its a rep, most didnt believe me due to the weight :)

dailow5

7/1/15
Got my first rep today. Way better than QC pics and what I anticipated. Thanks Ryan and Jordan from In-Time!