• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Pam 111 Build (Case Mods + Movement Mods), [Pic Heavy]

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
I put the dead flat pin in a pin vise with it sticking out about 1/4 of a millimeter and polished it on a wheel.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Absolutely ALE and I have to thank you and your team for not only the great reference materials you have compiled for us but for also being a source of inspiration for my projects.

Threads like this are the true backbone of the site. They can certainly help the true enthusiast and are a great for reference in general. I really appreciate the efforts of hughesj, bozz and other contributing members to threads such as this, thanks guys. I know there is more where this came from so lets keep'em coming!

Thank You. You and hughesj are a few steps ahead of me, I am not a watchsmith and unfortunately I cannot make all mechanical mods by myself, I have to get help from one of my friends.
I'm investigating especially the methods of finishing and aesthetic mod

Thanks Ale!

Btw Dochere, I already redid the pin before your post.

How does it look bozz?

("Macro shots" taken by putting a drop of water on my cell phone camera)

f4921c1d347d165443a7f88cbe3b27c3.jpg

eddf2158163d0883243db0abf3e6df9b.jpg

Very well done, excellent result ;)

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
Update: I fitted the ETA jewels and got the gen gear train to fit. the redder jewels make a difference for sure. Pardon the crappy cell phone pic. i'll take better ones later today.

D

d4m.test

nice work on the mods!!! I especially love the brushing of the pallet bridge!!!! You figured it out already, but just to make it clear... Scotch Brite pads do wonders for gently brushing a surface without removing too much material. Sandpapers are a bit more harsh and will remove plating quickly.

Now you just need a gold plated hour wheel and you'll be holding a gen:) Go see your local jeweler and proceed into the depths of modding madness!!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
You guys are amazing

Thanks for your contributions to RWI PAM Section

We are becoming a world PAM reference

ALE

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
nice work on the mods!!! I especially love the brushing of the pallet bridge!!!! You figured it out already, but just to make it clear... Scotch Brite pads do wonders for gently brushing a surface without removing too much material. Sandpapers are a bit more harsh and will remove plating quickly.

Now you just need a gold plated hour wheel and you'll be holding a gen:) Go see your local jeweler and proceed into the depths of modding madness!!!

Huh, never noticed the gold hour wheel. looks like the set bridge is brushed too. And the set lever is beadblasted

Panerai002_0059copy.jpg

NCchef

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/13
Nice work james.

Wonder where the cg method came from....... ;)

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Update: I fitted the ETA jewels and got the gen gear train to fit. the redder jewels make a difference for sure. Pardon the crappy cell phone pic. i'll take better ones later today.

True! Another great improvement.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
You guys are amazing

Thanks for your contributions to RWI PAM Section

We are becoming a world PAM reference

ALE

Your work here was really important for the whole community. Thank you Ale!

D

d4m.test

Huh, never noticed the gold hour wheel. looks like the set bridge is brushed too. And the set lever is beadblasted

Panerai002_0059copy.jpg

Totally!!! Like this on my last Build, the PAM001C, although I didn't touch the set lever.

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
Sorry that the pics are late. There's a piece of dust under the crystal that I want to get out first.

Nice work james.

Wonder where the cg method came from....... ;)

LOL. Thanks NC

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
Just gave her a fresh polish. Also replaced most of the keyless with swiss parts. Now the wind feels like swiss quality. Here are some better pics:

Didn't know that these engravings got better:

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Definitely an A+ for my ocd eyes! If you dont mind me asking, is that a noob v3 dial? if im not mistaken, the noob v3 has slightly thinner fonts compared to the gen but yours are pretty bold!

hughesj

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/13
It's a noob v3. don't quote me on this because i'm not sure, but I think that noob made a few updates. I recently had another noob v3 (i'm assuming that it was an older one)about a month ago and a few things seemed different. I didn't pay much attention to the dial, but I noticed that the lugs were shaped different (mine were more like the gen) and the case back engravings on mine were a lot cleaner (see the movement comparison in my first post).

Definitely an A+ for my ocd eyes! If you dont mind me asking, is that a noob v3 dial? if im not mistaken, the noob v3 has slightly thinner fonts compared to the gen but yours are pretty bold!

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Are you guys sure the pallet bridge is brushed at a gen movement? I have now a gen ETA bridge installed and this bridge is not brushed. But the shine is different then the rep bridge

aa04edd5d38cc9cb68c8ba8cbff88be1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6