• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Crap whats wrong

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
Just got my pelagos and the seconds hand stopps at 5-7 sec . then when you wind at that spot it only moves when you wind until its past the spot then goes smooth on its on then comes to 12 marker slows and stops at 5-7 sec

popped casebac off and it lools clean and looking from the movement when it hits that spot the balance wheel just stops... whats wrong ?
thanks

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
Is the seconds hand hitting the crystal or the other hands?

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
remove the movement from case if you feel comfortable and see what it does, you could simply loosen the movement holder screws and let movement sag a tad. that will ensure it is not rubbing anything in the case. If it still stops, there may be something on the seconds gear, you would remove the autowind assembly with the 2 black screws and look at it.

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
remove the movement from case if you feel comfortable and see what it does, you could simply loosen the movement holder screws and let movement sag a tad. that will ensure it is not rubbing anything in the case. If it still stops, there may be something on the seconds gear, you would remove the autowind assembly with the 2 black screws and look at it.

yea i have two videos i gues tapa isnt gonna host , give me a sec and ill upload both

razorsedge

11/6/13
I would do like rsh suggested and uncase the movement. You'll have a more clear idea of whats wrong based on what happens when the movement isn't in the case.

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
well very strange i removed the rotor and had it off a few minutes and it hasnt stopped .... dropped the screw and thank god i found it... im going to screw the rotor bac on..... could a overtight rotor be a possible issue ?

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
That's crazy. Was this the same kind of watch someone had this same issue with the other week. I remember something about a stopping second hand.

bRONX

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/13
That's crazy. Was this the same kind of watch someone had this same issue with the other week. I remember something about a stopping second hand.

is a blast of compressed air a good idea ?

Deeje

Renowned Member
28/3/14
Not something I feel comfortable asking. I send all my watches off to get worked on. Not sure if the compressed air wouldn't blow some debris into a bad spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I still think the hand is hitting the back of the crystal. Loosen it again and see if it works. It's most probably nothing to do with the back side of the movement or rotor. The fact that it always stops at the same place on the dial and only when cased pretty much narrows it down to that.

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
You basicly have 3 options:

1. Contact the dealer you bought it from to resolve the issue by sending it back

2. Get it repaired somewhere local or with one of the trusted repair guys

3. Take up on it yourself, however if you have less experience I wouldn't recommend you to do so with such a new watch.

Hope you get it fixed soon so you can enjoy your watch!