• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob PAM 177 P Series Photos + Review

RevoWution

2/9/14
Just signed for my Noob Factory V3 PAM 177 (P Series) yesterday afternoon, 24th December. Got it (along with a Noob V2 PAM 243 M Series for my brother for Christmas) from our very own MarvellousReplicas :)

Firstly, my impressions with this particular TD. Dealing with M has been a fantastic experience. He was pretty quick in responding to my emails and was always polite and patient, no matter how many noob questions I fired at him. And believe me, there were heaps. Thanks again M :D

There were QC issues with my particular 177 (the inner part of the CG wasn't finished properly) and with my brother's 243 (3 o'clock bezel marker was chipped), so the entire process took longer than anticipated as M had to organise both watches to be fixed up by the manufacturers. No fault in M's part though, more so the manufacturer's. Here's a brief timeline of events:
- 01-Dec-14: Emailed M for stock availability, quickly confirmed
- 02-Dec-14: Payment made via WU
- 03-Dec-14: Payment picked up on M's end
- 04-Dec-14: 1st QC photos received
- 09-Dec-14: 177 CG issue rectified, more QC photos to confirm. Picked up on 243 issue
- 11-Dec-14: 243 bezel marker fixed, QC photos
- 12-Dec-14: Watches sent out via EMS. Tracking number provided
- 24-Dec-14: Received watches via signed courier

Pretty impressive timeline, considering it's Christmas. Stoked I received them right on Christmas Eve too. Just in time!! The watches came packed very neatly and securely in a polystyrene box, with a lot of bubble wrap. Each watch was also encased in a Panerai-branded, moulded silicone protector.

Now, onto the 177. The quality/finish is fantastic. I've read around that some have complained about the lightness of titanium PAMs, but I'm happy to say that I really like the weight. It's definitely lighter than the much thicker and SS 243, but it still has a lot of wrist weight/presence.

The black rubber Panerai strap was included with the watch, but I opted for an extra brown Asso strap for an additional $30USD. The rubber strap is extremely comfortable and from what I can see, very gen-like. I prefer the brown Asso strap in terms of looks, but it's pretty stiff and uncomfortable at the moment. Hopefully it loosens up as I wear it. Looks-wise, the Asso looks quite gen-like to me too. I had to swap the Panerai buckle from the rubber to the Asso, but being a rep Asso strap, the buckle didn't really fit at first as the holes weren't aligned properly without a lot of pushing and shoving.

I'm no expert with AR on crystals, but to me, the AR on both the front crystal and caseback seem pretty well done. The decorated manual-wind Asian 6497 movement is also a marvel to look at through the crystal caseback. The CG sits flush with the case without any gaps at all. CG lever also sits perfectly flush without any protrusion and closes/locks with a firm click. I'm also no expert in the overall shape/curvature of the CG lever, but to me it looks pretty darn good :)

**QUICK UPDATE | 29-Dec-2014**
On a full wind, the watch managed to last a whopping 58 hours before finally coming to a standstill. That's pretty impressive for a rep, imo. Needless to say, I am extremely satisfied AND impressed!! :woo:

Now, onto some very amateur photos.

vZNjhDD.jpg

AqllKSv.jpg

ZhEc8xX.jpg

c2FhmOD.jpg

cfA603T.jpg

2FX0faN.jpg

ufjqABF.jpg

w9eaemF.jpg

Cefkcfi.jpg

E3gnZqf.jpg

jySxLzu.jpg

The photos don't do the watch any justice. The watch looks superb in person. The brushed finish definitely looks more rugged than the polished finish of say, the PAM 111.

**QUICK UPDATE | 01-Jan-2015**
Happy New Year everyone!! Quick lume shot indoors after a short drive back from work:

ntyOK5a.jpg

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Beautiful watch, wear it well!

RevoWution

2/9/14
Beautiful watch, wear it well!
Thanks, kilowattore!! :)

The only concern I have is winding the watch. I really don't know when to stop winding on the A6497 movement. I'm afraid of winding too much and breaking the movement.

I've read that once you feel some resistance, then you stop. But I've also read that once you reach a full winde, the crown won't let you wind any further.

Can anyone shed some light on this? :)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Both statements are true. As you reach the full wind the crown will be harder to turn, and at a certain point it will stop. Pretty easy :)

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Both statements are true. As you reach the full wind the crown will be harder to turn, and at a certain point it will stop.
+1. There will be a point that you can't wind the crown anymore by using normal force. You'll notice that winding gets harder then eventually will stop.

Congrats on this beauty :)

RevoWution

2/9/14
Both statements are true. As you reach the full wind the crown will be harder to turn, and at a certain point it will stop. Pretty easy :)

+1. There will be a point that you can't wind the crown anymore by using normal force. You'll notice that winding gets harder then eventually will stop.

Congrats on this beauty :)
Thank you both for the expert advice, kilowattore and jai04 :)

I braved it and kept winding slowly and carefully, and I think I just reached a full wind.

Basically, with normal force, the crown stopped me turning it any further. It definitely got a bit harder to wind as it reached but I never needed to use extra force, and there were no more audible 'clicks' once I reached a full wind. It's kind of hard to explain in words. One of those things where you have to experience it yourself first hand. Hope this helps other A6497 owners in the future who happen to stumble upon this thread.

Learn something new every day :D

RevoWution

2/9/14
**QUICK UPDATE**

On a full wind, the watch ticked away happily for a whopping 58 hours before running out of power... :woo:

That's a mammoth power reserve for a rep!! Needless to say, I'm extremely satisfied and thoroughly impressed!!

:cheese:

DaGroundZero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/15
Great looking watch, and thanks for the review. I put one on my must have list.

RevoWution

2/9/14
Nice review. Beautiful watch. Thanks for sharing
Thanks man!! Appreciate the kind words.

It's been almost 4 months since I took delivery of the 177, and it's still running amazingly. Definitely don't hesitate if you're considering this watch :)

zikzak

27/2/17
This thread has convinced me to inquire w marvelous about this, along w getting a jf 114300 when it releases soon. Thanks OP

Sent from the RWI mobile app