• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st steps to my 1st Rep! Just sent the cash!

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Any reason why Trevor hasn't just replaced the watch with a new one?

In all honesty, I am not entirely sure. I think each dealer has their own, and for the want of a better word, policy, that they on the whole adhere to. I also think that in anticipation of any complications that TDs most probably adapt their normal policy or procedure to apply to various situations.

However, as I previously stated, I am not entirely sure and would welcome any enlightenment.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Update continues........... ......

05th December 2014.

I have had an update on the status of the repair on my CrPO. It was repaired in as much as it was ticking away and therefore working as such, however, there is an issue with the power reserve now so the watch is to be stripped to try and ascertain why it is not keeping its power reserve.

I had allowed myself a little bit of hope that I would have the watch on my wrist for the holidays. It is now looking more like the holidays will come and pass and that my CrPO will be with me some time in the new year.

Not much more I can do but wait and hope that Santa has me on his good boy list and brings me my watch in time for Christmas day. ;)

So for now,

The wait continues. ...............

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Update continues........... ......

13th December 2014.

I have had an update on the status of the repairs to date. It appears that the watch is now running and keeping the power it generates in reserve for when the watch is not being worn.

The email I received was a very brief but precise email simply stating the "watch is repaired and ready for shipping". So I am optimistic that the watch will be shipped soon and if it is, then I may well have it in time for the holiday season.

I am also optimistic that the fingerprints and smudges have been cleaned from the hands and inner crystal.

So, once again, for the time being the wait continues. ...............

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Update continues……………..

25[SUP]th[/SUP] December 2014.

As you will be aware, after my watch was sent for repair the first time it arrived back to me D.O.A. Trevor requested that I send the watch off for a second repair after I had initially taken it to two independent watch smiths local to me. Neither of the watch smiths was keen to work on the CrPO and both declined gracefully stating that due to the nature of its origin, they would not be able to assist me. Therefore, at Trevor’s request, I sent it away once again for another repair.

I spoke with Trevor at various stages of the repair and he informed me that the cost of any repairs would be met by him. This, I was thankful for, however, I did feel that despite the watch having arrived faulty and damaged through no fault of my own, nor Trevor’s for that matter, that I would like to pay half of the costs of any repairs.

Don’t get me wrong, if Trevor had stated that the repair was going to be $200 I would have feigned a sudden bought of insanity that had coincidently erased all of my short term memory Chortle Chortle, (only joking, I would have paid).

Anyhow, I understand that the sheer thought of paying for half of the repair costs may send shivers down some of your spines, however, this would be the second time I have shipped it out for Trevor and once it has been repaired it would be the third time Trevor has had to ship it back to me.

Another reason I wanted to pay for half of the repair costs is to show Trevor how thankful I am at the service he has continued to offered me throughout this very arduous journey. After all, it was not his fault that the watch was originally out of stock at Chateau NOOB, and it wasn't his fault it arrived faulty, not once, but twice. But lets face it, sometimes these things just happen.

So moving forward and bringing the update back to today……… ..........

Well yesterday, the 24th December 2014, my watch arrived in the post and I immediately opened the box with a degree of excitement barely equal to that of a 7 year old child opening a Christmas present and discovering that not only have you been given an Action Man, but he has 'Eagle Eyes'. Yes that's right, I was almost that excited.

So, having not found an Eagle Eyed Action Man I quickly took stock of the situation and gave the CrPO the 'once over' with my 'eagle eyes' Chortle Chortle.

The watch seems to be working a treat and all of the issues raised with it now seem to be resolved. I am not going to cross my fingers as I am going to believe wholeheartedly that the watch will now function beautifully from this point onwards.

OK, so since I slapped it onto my wrist yesterday it has been working fine. I have thoroughly enjoyed wearing my early Christmas present and have Trevor to thank for the service he has given me and the quick turn round he provided for the second CrPO repair.

From the initial payment and ordering of the watch back in April of 2014, 250 arduous and laborious days have passed. One of the things that has gotten me through it, apart from my legendary patience that is, has been the fact that despite Trevor not being the most communicative TD on the forum, he has been the most reliable, open, supportive, accommodating and tolerant TD. Now I understand that this is obviously just my opinion but that is why I started this thread, to share my experience and opinion of the whole journey from beginning to end.

Some of you may completely disagree with me and there may be some who agree somewhat, but what really matters, is the experience and knowledge I have gained and will take with me from my journey with Trevor.

The journey has been difficult at times and the problems that have arisen along the way have not been as a direct result of anything either Trevor or myself have done, but have been as a result of circumstances, as well as the odd bout of bad luck, that have been out of our control. What has been in our control is the way in which we have communicated, respected each other and accommodated each others needs and requirements to the best of our ability.

So in an anticipated final conclusion and not being able to speak for Trevor, as he will forge his own opinions of myself and the journey we set out on together on the 18th of April 2014, I have to say that Trevor is indeed a TD and is so for a few of the reasons I have touched upon within this thread.

Furthermore, despite my insistence to share the repair costs with Trevor, he has graciously declined several times stating that, so long as I am happy he is also happy.

If I could leave you with one piece of advice from my experience over the last several months it would simply be, find yourself a TD that you can rely upon and if you are not sure with whom you should go to for your next, or even first Rep, you could do a lot worse than dropping Trevor an email and putting your purchase in his more than capable hands.

Now, for the time being, I am going to enjoy my CrPO.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to all of the folk that have messaged me over the last several months offering me guidance and support, as well as those of you who have advised me that I should cut my loses and run for the hills haha.

Anyhow, as requested by a somewhat insane few, here is the timeline of my journey from beginning to what is hopefully the end.

So to begin with, prior to choosing a TD, I chose the watch I wanted, a 45mm SS Numerals Black Bezel CrPO from Noob. I then began reading around for other member's opinions on various TD's. I eventually emailed two TD's asking if they could get my chosen watch. Both TD's advised that they could get the watch for me and after talking with both I felt more comfortable with Trevor and decided to go with him.

A decision I would question at times, but fundamentally, would prove to be a very shrewd decision.

17 & 18th April 2014; I speak with Trevor about the watch I want to order. Omega, Noob CrPO 45mm black bezel with SS numbers.

18th April 2014; Trevor states the watch is in stock and available.

18th April 2014; I send Trevor the money via Western union (WU) and furnish him with the transaction reference so he may collect the money.

19th April 2014; Trevor has collected the money from WU and I receive conformation email from WU stating collection of funds is complete.

25th April 2014; Trevor informs me that the watch I ordered is no longer available. Trevor offers me a different Noob watch, a BP watch, a refund or the option to wait 2-3 weeks for the watch I ordered to come back into stock. I decided to wait for the watch I ordered.

28th April 2014; After telling me to wait 3 weeks for the Noob watch to come into stock I receive QC's from Trevor. The email received has 5 QC pictures in and the email content simply says "pls confirm"

28th April 2014; Another member contacts me asking why I have posted the same QC pics that they received from Trevor. The member also tells me that the watch is an L factory watch and not a Noob. Trevor failed to inform me of this in his correspondence with me.

29th April 2014; I speak to Trevor who tells me that, him passing off an L factory watch to me as a Noob watch was all a misunderstanding, Trevor then tells me the Noob 45mm CrPO is no longer available and we agree that he will source me a Noob 42mm CrPO Black bezel with SS numbers.

06th May 2014; A few forum members contact me stating that the Noob 45mm CrPO Black bezel with SS numbers is available from Tony.

07th May 2014; I emailed a few other TD’s who confirm that the Noob 45mm CrPO black bezel with SS numbers is once again available and is in stock.

07th May 2014; As Trevor had still not contacted me with QC's for the 42mm CrPO I PM him asking about the 45mm that may now be available once again.

08th May 2014; Trevor PM's me stating that the original watch I ordered (Noob 45mm CrPO black bezel with SS numbers) IS now available and that he can source me one. Trevor and I confirm that I want the Noob 45mm and Trevor states he will email me the QC's ASAP.

14th May 2014; I PM Trevor asking for an update.

21st May 2014; After not receiving a reply to my PM sent to Trevor on the 14th May I send another PM stating that I know Trevor is obviously busy and that I do not wish to seem like I am pestering him by PM'ing him but, I just want an update on my order if possible.

28th May 2014; 3 weeks have passed since Trevor stated the watch was in stock and QC's would be with me ASAP and I am still waiting for the QC's from Trevor.

29th May 2014; As it has now been over another week since I last spoke with Trevor, I have sent him another PM asking for a further update on the status of the watch.

30th May 2014; Trevor has now contacted me via PM stating that he is still waiting for the watch to arrive. Trevor has stated he is happy to refund in full my money if I feel the wait is to long.

13th June 2014; after sending Trevor a PM earlier today, Trevor has contacted me via PM. Trevor stated he had recently been in contact with the Noob factory who have informed him that at the moment, they have none of the movements for this watch in stock. No indication has been given as to when the movement will be back in, however, Trevor has assured me that the watch movement will be back in stock in due course. At this point, Trevor has also stated that he is more than happy to refund me my money, however, as I have waited this long for my much desired watch, I feel that a little more patience may be a little more time well spent.

19th June 2014; Another forum member advised me that the 45mm CrPO is now back in stock as they had received QC’s. So I PM’d Trevor asking him if the movements have come back into stock.

22nd June 2014; Trevor has replied to my PM regarding the availability of the 45mm CrPO movements. Trevor has stated that he has confirmed with the Noob factory and they are still short on the movements.

04[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2014; With an itch in my pocket for a quality rep I ordered a Milgauss from Trevor and having sent him the money via WU he has sourced for me a wonderful example of a Rolex Milgauss which arrived today.

14th July 2014; I receive an email from Trevor containing several QC’s asking me to "please confirm". I email Trevor asking about one of the QC pics which make the watch look like the bezel is ill fitted.

15th July 2014; Trevor duly replied today with a couple of extra QC pictures in an effort to put my mind at ease. Which he did.

15[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2014; I confirm the QC’s and request Trevor sends the watch.

22nd July 2014; I decided to drop Trevor a PM asking if he had a tracking number.

23rd July 2014; Trevor PM'd me back stating that he had not sent the watch yet as he was waiting for my QC approval. I send Trevor a message stating I had replied to his QC email stating that the watch was fine and to send it. Trevor explained that occasionally he has trouble with aol email addresses and it seems like my email bounced back not being delivered. Trevor had warned me about this some time ago so in all fairness it is not like Trevor was avoiding me or had forgotten about me as such.

24th July 2014; Trevor replies stating he would sort out the shipping and send me a tracking number.

25th July 2014; Trevor has emailed me today with the tracking number for my package.

28th July 2014; it gives me great pleasure in announcing that after 101 agonising arduous days, my parcel from Trevor has arrived!

10th August 2014; I have been wearing the CrPO For the majority of the two weeks I have had it and the AR on the crystal is now rubbing off.

14th August 2014; I have had the watch 16 days so far and the marks on the crystal seem to be spreading and getting worse. I have PM'd Trevor to ask him what he thinks it may be and to see if there is any solution.

15th August 2014; The marks that where predominantly on the left side of the crystal have now spread and are now running around the outer edge of the crystal.

16th August 2014; After sending Trevor the pictures of the crystal he has PM'd me today asking me to send the watch back to him. So this morning after wrapping the watch in copious amounts of bubble wrap I posted the neatly packaged and clearly addressed parcel off first thing.

17th August 2014; Trevor sent me a PM stating that once he gets the watch back he will send it to the factory for them to repair it.

30th August 2014; It has been over 2 weeks now since I sent my faulty CrPO back to Trevor and as I have not heard from him, I can only presume that he has yet to receive it yet so drop him a PM.

31[SUP]st[/SUP] August 2014; Trevor duly responded to me today stating that it had not yet arrived and that it could potentially take anywhere up to 48 business days to reach him. Trevor then advised me that if the watch was seized that he would replace it with another.

20th September 2014; After having sent back the CrPO to Trevor on the 16th Aug, I am still yet to hear from him with regards to having received the watch back. It has been 35 days since I shipped it and I am hoping that it will arrive with him some time soon.

29th September 2014; I couldn't resist sending Trevor a PM today asking if has received the CrPO back yet as it has now been a good 45 days since I sent it off.

01st October 2014; the avenue of dialogue received from Trevor became somewhat blunt and strained to say the least.

03rd October 2014; Trevor, or one of his representatives, confirmed that the CrPO had indeed arrived and had been sent for repair.

13th October 2014; I sent Trevor a PM asking if there was any news on the CrPO.

14th October 2014; Trevor has sent me a PM which simply read 'fixing'.

21st October 2014; It has been another week since Trevor sent me a one word response simply stating "fixing" and in total it has been 6 months since I ordered my watch so today I have PM'd Trevor asking if there is any news on my CrPO.

26th October 2014; I haven’t heard from Trevor in almost two weeks so I have sent another PM asking for an update.

27th October 2014; Trevor has sent me a PM stating that the watch has now been repaired and sent back to me and he further supplied me with a tracking number.

29[SUP]th[/SUP] October 2014; My CrPO finally arrived back from Trevor. However it arrived DOA.

30[SUP]th[/SUP] October; I sent Trevor a PM stating that the watch arrived DOA.

11[SUP]th[/SUP] November 2014; Trevor has directed me to send the CrPO off for a repair again and he has also provided the address for where I am to ship it to.

25th November 2014; Since the day I purchase my CrPO 221 days have past and today my watch has arrived at its destination ready for its repaired. Trevor and I have been in communication throughout the shipping process and I have to say that Trevor has been very helpful and very accommodating considering that I am not his only customer. For that I am extremely thankful.

13th December 2014; I have received an email simply stating the "watch is repaired and ready for shipping".

24th December 2014; my watch has arrived in the post and is sitting on my wrist. The watch seems to be working a treat and all of the issues raised with it now seem to be resolved.

From the initial payment and ordering of the watch back in April of 2014, 250 arduous and laborious days have passed. One of the things that has gotten me through it, apart from my legendary patience that is, has been the fact that despite Trevor not being the most communicative TD on the forum, he has been an open, supportive, accommodating and tolerant one trying his best to leave me a happy customer.

If I could leave you with one piece of advice from my experience over the last several months it would simply be, find yourself a TD that you can rely upon and if you are not sure with whom you should go to for your next, or even first Rep, you could do a lot worse than dropping Trevor an email and putting your purchase in his more than capable hands.

As for me, well I will most certainly be purchasing from Trevor again in the future as despite his aforementioned lack in communicative skills, he is a TD who will go that extra mile to make sure you are a happy customer, and these days, that quality goes a long way.

Now, for the time being, I am going to enjoy my CrPO.

rawrzhu

Known Member
21/12/14
wow this is a beautiful thread. I think I may have found my TD. hopefully it won't be as long of a wait as yours though .

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
wow this is a beautiful thread. I think I may have found my TD. hopefully it won't be as long of a wait as yours though .

Hi rawrzhu and thank you,

Trevor will look after you very well and as you say, hopefully you will not be waiting for you chosen timepiece as long as I was ;)

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Drawing to a conclusion..............................

02nd January 2015;

I have had the CrPO on my wrist now pretty much consistently for the last week. I have removed it several times when I have been showering, riding my motorbike and when I have been very warm in work.

So far, my CrPO has kept very accurate time losing about 25 seconds here or there over the last seven days. That translates to approximately 3.5 seconds in a 24 hour period. That I can live with.

If I have one criticism it would be that the lume is not as effective as I would like it to be and for a guy who likes a cheeky bit of lume I am slightly dissapointed. Having said that, I am still able to correctly read the time after the watch has not been exposed to any natural or synthetic light for several hours. So although the lume is doing its job and allowing the time to be precisely read within a dark environment, the crispness of the lume when it is initially submerged into darkness does not last more than a minute or so before it fades somewhat and the crisp colours merge and blend into that of an ever green glow that remains throughout the night.

Other than that, I am pretty much happy with the CrPO at this moment in time.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Update Conclusion…………….

13th January 2015;

It has now been three weeks since my CrPO arrived back to me having had its second repair.

Within those three weeks it has worked faultlessly. It is currently loosing /gaining between two and six seconds a day and this can vary depending on what I am doing with the watch (as mentioned in my previous post).

It has been getting a lot of wrist time of late and I cannot thank my chosen TD Trevor enough. Despite the somewhat challenging communication between Trevor and myself at times, overall I am thoroughly happy with my purchase and feel that the positive conclusion to my order was achieved through the durable commitment to customer satisfaction on Trevor’s behalf and the enduring patience on mine.

For the time being I am saving for my third rep and in the meantime I am thoroughly enjoying this wonderful CrPO.

nofitstate

20/7/13
That was some read and some journey you took there!

I just received yesterday my 45mm pumpkin noob CRPO and am happy to say the first one I was shown was a good one.

You have the patience of a saint, which can only be a good thing in this game. I hope you future purchases go much smoother!

JamesU

Known Member
29/6/14
Jesus-Tapdancing-Christ you're patient.

I was annoyed when it took almost 2 months for a watch to get to me from payment...

Glad it's all over now, but i wouldn't have sent it back twice to China. There is a guy on here that can repair watches in the UK - maybe keep it in mind in future, especially if you're willing to pay shipping cost to China and foot half the repair bill.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11

I would have to agree. Impressive! And as James says, in the future - use one of our many watchmakers here. They are great to deal with. You won't have to wait several months and you won't have the customs risk over and over again.

Enjoy your watch!

deafnotdaft

16/4/14

Funnily enough, I have been told this before. lol

I did have a look for someone closer to home for the repair but I couldn't see anyone. Having said that, my patience is obviously legendary and speaks for itself, however, my integooglinet skills are somewhat lacking.......

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
This may very well be my final update.........

02nd February 2015.

I have had the CrPO on my wrist now for pretty much the whole of the near six weeks since it arrived just before Christmas day (2014).

It looses and gains on average up to a minute or so every 4 to 5 days and on the whole I couldn't be happier with it.

I have been told by several members that I have an unrelenting amount of patience and I couldn't agree more. hahaha

Seriously though, I would like to thank Trevor for his patience with me and for putting up with my nagging PM's asking for feedback and updates every few weeks.

I would also like to thank all you guys for following this thread and for all the feedback you have given me as well as the invaluable advice and best wishes sent to me throughout my purchase.

Cheers :)

Updated completed.

ReplicaPanther

Horology Curious
21/6/15
I got about 4 pages in and was hoping you didn't get the watch. So much whinging and whining.

Seems you have two now, so enjoy them, I guess.

Edit: Don't confuse patience with passivity.

JNotts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/15
There's a movie or miniseries in this saga.........

Hope you enjoy your PO. You've earned it and then some.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
I got about 4 pages in and was hoping you didn't get the watch. So much whinging and whining.

Seems you have two now, so enjoy them, I guess.

Edit: Don't confuse patience with passivity.
Shit in your eye then really, you miserable tosser. Hahaha

Oh and don't confuse 'prick with prat' as you qualify for both.

I love how serious you felt about wanting to bring misfortune on another human being you know nothing about. To show how human I am, I shall have you printed up a T-shirt that reads 'Don't confuse a prick with a prat as qualify for both'.

Sent from the RWI mobile app