• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

new pam 448 from ZF?

gvln

Renowned Member
22/11/11
looks tempting) and more correct than earlier version. and cheaper

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Basing on the images available on puretime's site:

Positive:
1. The numerals seem to be better defined, like the 5, 7 and especially the 8.
2. Lume seems to be more even than the previous version (said to be grainy).
3. The bridge of the "A" in CALIFORNIA is higher compared to the SF's engraving, closer to gen.

Negative:
1. There appears to be a ring around the CP although it might be because of the shot. Then again, the SF version did not have this on the website shots but had it on subsequent reviews.
2. Lume on the hands looks to be uneven.

Remember, these are preliminary findings on the rep that might change from now until the final watch on Jan. 10. Hopefully, whatever negative points are seen can be corrected by then.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
317 Black Night in Ceramic for me....wonder if its even possible ? , what kind of movement could be installed for this dial...?

Couldn't you make another topic about the Black Knight rather than post about it here in a totally unrelated model thread? :rolleyes:

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
Wow, I'm glad I held off getting the initial version of the 448! The engravings of the vintage and PAM 00448 look to be a tad thicker than the initial version.

D

d4m.test

At 318 This seems like a pretty darn good deal. But the CP issue on these movements bothers me. I feel the other version is a better offering.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
I'd like another ripped 425 over this, pricing is attractive

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
At 318 This seems like a pretty darn good deal. But the CP issue on these movements bothers me. I feel the other version is a better offering.

You mean the SF version? It does not show it in the sales ad but reviews like the one by silverclaw show the ring around the CP is also present. Unless you were referring to another version.

D

d4m.test

You mean the SF version? It does not show it in the sales ad but reviews like the one by silverclaw show the ring around the CP is also present. Unless you were referring to another version.

I am referring to the SF version. It's Too hard to tell from the pure time pictures. They are a bit grainy on my screen. But by the same token if you look at Silverclaws and projectologists pics, there is no ring. See Projects post here:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=190619&highlight=Pam448

On SilverClaws post you see a slightly recessed cannon pinion. It looks like the top edge of the minute hand is being reflected on the cannon pinion. This is causing the appearance of a ring, when one does not really exist.
Heres the best angle on SIlverClaws pics to show the nice CP

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
No ring on my SF 448, pics are coming asap ;)
Even if a bit smaller than gen it's incredibly good looking imho.

This ZF looks like a good offer to me as well, worse engravings between the lugs and CP are what hit me most, minor things anyway imho.
If they make the full line I might go for the 425 at this price :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I have consulted and observed the CP of my SF PAM 448

Mine is almost perfect regarding finish and position in relation with the hands. NO RING at all.

I have seen the same in other QC pics and good pics from projectologist and silverclaw

Just it is smaller

I don't like the engravings between the lugs, they have the deepest part very grainy and rough. Not at all as defined as SF version

Mysterio is right regarding A of CALIFORNIA engraving on rehaut. But I think the engraving is off the center and the fonts are wider than gen ones.

I agree with mysterio that ZFac markers on dial are sharper, better defined and more accurate.

The price is unbeatable bearing in mind the overall quality

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME MACRO-PICS OF THE LUME APPLICATION UNDER AN APPROPRIATE ANGLE , LIKE WE GOT FOR THE SF PAM 448 FROM SILVERCLAW

ALE

walkingcloud

Renowned Member
10/7/12
Not digging the engravings on the case.. the reference number and "vintage" looks very rough. overall I may pick this up when I see final pictures. The price is super tempting!

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
ZF is using the older version of the P:3000 v3 i guess its why its a bit cheeper IMO hopefully they will use the latest P:3000

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Confirmed by Angus: "it's the latest movement". So how far did the new ZF go to present a superior version?

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Confirmed by Angus: "it's the latest movement". So how far did the new ZF go to present a superior version?

Unless the sample on his site is not the final it's using the earlier version you can tell with the jewel size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk