• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Missing NOS for PAM 622 Paneristi Russia - [ QC pics allowed ]

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
This piece definitely will catch a lot of attention of russian PAM fans, so there're a lot chances to be called out
wounded1.gif

This still will follow the 99% rule. I would say that 95% of russians will have no idea what panerai is, maybe 4% might actually be Panerai fans, and maybe 1% will actually be able to call it out, Even if it is a super rep. I myself as a Russian and as a Huge Fan of PAMS, will likely not be able to call out the flaws of this watch from more than 5 ft away and i would like to think i am fairly knowledgeable in the subject :)

If they can even come close - i think it will be good enough. Unless you are hanging out with the russian sub section of Watch Anish, i think you will be safe to wear the rep. Looking forward to it greatly!

Nick1980

13/2/14
This still will follow the 99% rule. I would say that 95% of russians will have no idea what panerai is, maybe 4% might actually be Panerai fans, and maybe 1% will actually be able to call it out, Even if it is a super rep. I myself as a Russian and as a Huge Fan of PAMS, will likely not be able to call out the flaws of this watch from more than 5 ft away and i would like to think i am fairly knowledgeable in the subject :)If they can even come close - i think it will be good enough. Unless you are hanging out with the russian sub section of Watch Anish, i think you will be safe to wear the rep. Looking forward to it greatly!
I'm sure, that every PAM fan will ask to take it off and let him see it more closely ). Lot's of chances to be called out ).Anyway, I have my fingers crossed it'll be a Super rep ).

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
If the make the dial and handset right, it'll be almost near impossible to be called out in person.

Ruski91

12/10/12
If the make the dial and handset right, it'll be almost near impossible to be called out in person.

Absolutely. With a closed case back - if they get the dial and hands right and engravings are up to par with recent releases this will be a winner. But they need to be carefull with lugs and crown notch as those seem to be the deal breaker on these style pieces from what i have seen so far.

Nick1980

13/2/14
Absolutely. With a closed case back - if they get the dial and hands right and engravings are up to par with recent releases this will be a winner. But they need to be carefull with lugs and crown notch as those seem to be the deal breaker on these style pieces from what i have seen so far.
Hope so ).By the way, the only flaw was detected by russian paneristi in Noob's PAM390 - the form of digit "2" in "2000" engraving on caseback ). Rep has the sharp edge, gen is more rounded ).

Ruski91

12/10/12
Hope so ).By the way, the only flaw was detected by russian paneristi in Noob's PAM390 - is the form of digit "2" in "2000" engraving on caseback ). Rep has the sharp edge, gen is more rounded ).

Lol - vot kozel, is he aware that gens have plenty of flaws coming out of the factory as well. Sometimes these guys who disect every mm of each others watches crack me up. At a certain point, you loose the beauty of the actual watch when you are just looking to find flaws. Plus there are other more pressing things to look at in the 390 (Hands or crystal for example) than the 2 in 2000.

Nick1980

13/2/14
Lol - vot kozel, is he aware that gens have plenty of flaws coming out of the factory as well. Sometimes these guys who disect every mm of each others watches crack me up. At a certain point, you loose the beauty of the actual watch when you are just looking to find flaws. Plus there are other more pressing things to look at in the 390 (Hands or crystal for example) than the 2 in 2000.
I agree ).There were 9 pages with congratulations on getting such unique PAM before rep was called out ).

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Reality Check: there are only 50 of these made and available mostly in Russia.. What are the chances you get called out? 1:6,999,999,900least! ;)

Ruski91

12/10/12
Chances of getting called out on a gen forum with any rep watch are always high (and i believe they are a ban'able offense here).
I think guys who show reps on gen forums are simply asking for trouble. Yes you will probably fool more than half of the people, but you will still get called out eventually and then all shit will hit the fan.

That being said - in person, even these so called gen wizes will not be able to call you out simply because they will not have a gen picture to compare it to while the are looking at your watch and lets be honest, super reps are damn close from first glance, even from second glace :)

So assuming this watch comes out and its a good rep, i highly doubt anyone in the real world will call you out on it. But i guess it all depends on who is in your inner circle and what they know about your collection.

Nick1980

13/2/14
Chances of getting called out on a gen forum with any rep watch are always high (and i believe they are a ban'able offense here).
I think guys who show reps on gen forums are simply asking for trouble. Yes you will probably fool more than half of the people, but you will still get called out eventually and then all shit will hit the fan.

That being said - in person, even these so called gen wizes will not be able to call you out simply because they will not have a gen picture to compare it to while the are looking at your watch and lets be honest, super reps are damn close from first glance, even from second glace :)

So assuming this watch comes out and its a good rep, i highly doubt anyone in the real world will call you out on it. But i guess it all depends on who is in your inner circle and what they know about your collection.

You're right.

Except some obvious flaws (such as datewheel position in AP ROO 42mm), which are noticeable even the watch is on wrist, Super reps are real Super reps ).

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I honestly think that this will be a great selling rep.. Its also great for us looking to build homage 6152/4s because its the best case available for such builds...

peterpl

24/7/11
will they use a normal handwind 6497 or the new superclone? I think I may prefer the reliability of the 6497. No1 can see it anyway