• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6497?stopped working, again

Sno_0ze

Horology Curious
8/1/14
Hey all, just bought this pam111
py8u4u4u.jpg

Everything worked fine. Then suddenly, one evening IT stopped working. After 3h or 4h it worked again(i did nothing). 4 days ago IT stopped again and still isn't working... This is the Movement:
udy9ujug.jpg

At the moment the watch is fully winded, there is a high resistance, when i try to wind it up more.
I think I will try to open the caseback and Unwind the watch. Hope this will help.
I Saw Some posts about the Same issue on this watch here.
Someone can advice me maybe while im opening the watch? Livesupport:)

cosmicgate

16/9/13
Check that the seconds hand is not bent or touching the surface.Check the balance wheel if it has any dirty objects on it(need a x10 or x20 loupe). Remove the swan neck bridge and dip it into the one-dip solution,dry it and re-oil the incabloc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Give it a firm tap or two on the front crystal. I'm serious, it sounds crazy but it works a lot of the time.

Sno_0ze

Horology Curious
8/1/14
Yep. That`s what the watchmaker did! :lolcina: is working again.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
I was told to slap it on the back, that's on a 563 with the P5000 deco plate over the top of the movement. Mine was stop and starting and gaining time like a Mofo.

Drkitch109

18/9/12
Having this issue as well. Haven't tried the fonz approach though. Am I better off just getting the movement serviced?

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
More often than not, these movements have some dirt in there, pubes included.

Milkbread

Known Member
2/9/14
I think a good practice would be to immediately service any new rep once you receive it. You never know what you might find in the movement. Dust, lint, hair, skin scraps, ugh..

flyr

Renowned Member
15/9/12
I think a good practice would be to immediately service any new rep once you receive it. You never know what you might find in the movement. Dust, lint, hair, skin scraps, ugh..
Only problems with this approach is the service can cost almost what you spent buying the watch(especially if it is an A7750), and finding someone that does good work in a timely manner on reps can be an unrewarding/frustrating experience.
I just leave mine alone until a disaster occurs. :cry:

D

d4m.test

Having over 20 unserviced and well running reps for over a Year, that procedure would have set me back something like $4000-$5000 including postage and the expensive labour in the EU. These are Asian knock-offs, if it ain´t broken don´t fix it (but count on it breaking sometime). Every breakdown I will just replace with a brand new and packaged replacement movement bought locally, upgrading if possible.