• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tight or loose? Your bracelet that is...

omegagmt

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/10
How do you wear your watches on bracelets? Tight or loose? On rubber or leather, I wear them snug. On bracelets, I like it slightly loose.
abf47ed17182bf8a817565d243ec0340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
I hate a loose bracelet. I'm very active so I can't have the watch flopping all over the place. I hate it when everytime I move my arm it slides down my arm. I just have them snug but not tight so they don't move. and it drives me crazy when I see someone with a loose bracelet, they are constantly shaking their arm so the watch goes back down to their wrist in the right spot.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Loose bracelets drive me nuts, can't do it, won't do it. Snug with enough slack to (barely) fit a finger in between the band and my wrist is perfect for me.

JAFO

16/10/13
Just loose enough to have a little play in it.

TMisch87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/14
Loose enough for it to move but tight enough so the lugs dont move off the top of my wrist.

Resistor

9/11/14
I don't wear straps very often. My bracelets are sized so that one finger can slide between the clasp and my wrist. This is tight enough to prevent unwanted movement while not being too tight. The best bracelet I own is on my Boschett Cave Dweller, with its ratcheting dive extension.

e7f553d0fc12ccc79ace99ace8d48386.jpg

D

d4m.test

Unless there are half-links it´s either too tight or too loose. So I often have to change to straps for the time being. The one pictured would be much too loose 4me.

Kernow

Renowned Member
2/9/13
If it leaves a mark on my wrist it's too tight. If it slides up to my elbow it's too loose. So, somewhere I between where the watch can slide an inch or so up and down my wrist - also it stops it getting sweaty.

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
I always wear em snug. I can't stand my watch moving up and down my wrist while I was doing activities.

Btw, please share experience of using heavy watches such as AP s/s ROOs, with slightly loose. I have long wanted to know about this. I think they are super uncomfortable.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I hate a loose bracelet. I'm very active so I can't have the watch flopping all over the place. I hate it when everytime I move my arm it slides down my arm. I just have them snug but not tight so they don't move. and it drives me crazy when I see someone with a loose bracelet, they are constantly shaking their arm so the watch goes back down to their wrist in the right spot.

+1

HerrOberst

26/9/13
If I can get the end of my pinky finger between the case back and the bracelet, I call it good for a bracelet. I have more problems with rubber straps, they never seem to fit just right.

trinity13

15/12/13
LMPO is a little bit loose, doesn't have the right size for my 7" wrist. But the rest are just nicely fit with a small space so they won't leave a mark on my wrist. I would have to say PAM, BFF, Tudor BB and Breitling SO Abyss have the perfect size bracelet/strap for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jai04

19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Bit on the tight side, I just size it tight enough not to move while I'm doing my activities and loose enough not to leave any marks or just minimal marks on my wrist.

gerrit75

Looking Around
28/11/14
Rather tight for me. I cannot stand it if a watch slides up and down the wrist. And if people wear a watch on a bracelet really,really loose I cannot stand it - looks "cheap" to me ( don't know if that is the right expression in English...)

Georgebrooks3

Horology Curious
8/10/13
I like it on the tighter side which is sometimes a pain for my 6.25" wrist...
This is why I love the IWC 3777... That quick adjustment on the clasp makes it the most comfortable watch I've ever worn. Great to have some micro adjustment when it gets warmer or colder...

Ezio

Renowned Member
21/1/14
Loose bracelets drive me nuts, can't do it, won't do it. Snug with enough slack to (barely) fit a finger in between the band and my wrist is perfect for me.

Exactly like me

also what rolex do when They size it for you

m07h80

27/11/14
Normally have my bracelet just lose enough to put my index finger between the bracelet and my wrist.

tkhiem

Known Member
25/2/14
Prefer it to be tight, but not too tight that i leaves deep mark on my skin whenever i take it off. I have a theory if the watch is loose and slides up and down on my wrist there's a high chance i could stuff up the movement's parts inside :p