• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Melbourne

Elysium

Horology Curious
21/7/14
Hey everybody, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd introduce myself!

This place really is a wealth of knowledge, thanks to everybody who contributes to this site!

I'm looking around now for a Hublot Big Bang as my first rep (I feel like this is just the tip of the iceberg because I have my eyes on PAMs, IWCs as well as Vacherons haha).

Currently tossing up between these two at InTime:
http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=954
http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=957

Open to suggestions for better quality reps out there if they exist!

Also wanted to hear from other Australian members, have you had any issues with Australian customs?

Cheers!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Hey mate I'm in melbourne as well, no issues with customs yet knock on wood.. Welcome :)

Elysium

Horology Curious
21/7/14
Hey mate I'm in melbourne as well, no issues with customs yet knock on wood.. Welcome :)

Thanks mate, good to hear that there's no customs issues here!

I stumbled onto this site after doing some research on replica watches online, this was after I discovered that the nice IWC that one of the managers at work had on his wrist was a rep. Turns out he had about 10 or so in his collection and there's a rep watch club at work with a few members!

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
No problems at all. Does anyone know a good replica friendly watch smith on Melbourne?

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Welcome from QLD!

You have a rep watch club at work!? Thats convenient... or dangerous :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

The reps form Intime that you have chosen are awesome they are two of the best replicas in the market and ever made. I prefer SS/ceramic because the SS bezel is very delicate.
You have also magnificent and even cheaper PAM reps. In the link below you can get all info about but I would recommend you to consider:

RECOMMENDED PAM REPS

Luminor Base
PAM 390 Noob

Luminor Marina
PAM 417-416-411 KW
PAM 111 Noob V3

GMT
PAM 088 Noob O-series
PAM 029 Noob V2
PAM 297 Noob O-series

Titanium
PAM 177-176 Noob

Black DLC
PAM 026 Noob

White dial
PAM 113 H maker or better new Noob version

Special Series
PAM 417-411-416 KW

Automatic
PAM 104 Noob O-series
PAM 299 Noob O-series

Power Reserve
PAM 057 DSN
PAM 027 DSN

LUMINOR 1950
PAM 312 KW
PAM 127 Noob
PAM 359 KW

CHRONOS
PAM 253 H maker
PAM 356 Noob
PAM 326 Noob

SUB
PAM 243 Noob
PAM 364 Noob (pending final evaluation)

Radiomir
PAM 288 H maker
PAM 388 KW
PAM 505 KW
PAM 346 KW
PAM 380 H maker
PAM 292 J Noob
PAM 448 Clone

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

To get info about PAM replicas read:
"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365?t=107365

Elysium

Horology Curious
21/7/14
Welcome from QLD!

You have a rep watch club at work!? Thats convenient... or dangerous :)

Haha yeah it is really convenient because I have been able to handle reps in person and up-close, which in turn has made it very dangerous and potentially expensive!

Thanks for the info Ale7575, will definitely be checking out the PAM section too.

Just trying to get my head around some of the terminology here, what does SS mean? Stainless steel?

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

The reps form Intime that you have chosen are awesome they are two of the best replicas in the market and ever made. I prefer SS/ceramic because the SS bezel is very delicate.
You have also magnificent and even cheaper PAM reps. In the link below you can get all info about but I would recommend you to consider:

RECOMMENDED PAM REPS

Luminor Base
PAM 390 Noob

Luminor Marina
PAM 417-416-411 KW
PAM 111 Noob V3

GMT
PAM 088 Noob O-series
PAM 029 Noob V2
PAM 297 Noob O-series

Titanium
PAM 177-176 Noob

Black DLC
PAM 026 Noob

White dial
PAM 113 H maker or better new Noob version

Special Series
PAM 417-411-416 KW

Automatic
PAM 104 Noob O-series
PAM 299 Noob O-series

Power Reserve
PAM 057 DSN
PAM 027 DSN

LUMINOR 1950
PAM 312 KW
PAM 127 Noob
PAM 359 KW

CHRONOS
PAM 253 H maker
PAM 356 Noob
PAM 326 Noob

SUB
PAM 243 Noob
PAM 364 Noob (pending final evaluation)

Radiomir
PAM 288 H maker
PAM 388 KW
PAM 505 KW
PAM 346 KW
PAM 380 H maker
PAM 292 J Noob
PAM 448 Clone

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

To get info about PAM replicas read:
"Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/reference-pam-review-107365?t=107365

ALE, that list is just plain awesome - a great way to break them down into easily understandable categories. I hope you are adding this to your usual welcome text. :thumbs:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RevoWution

2/9/14
Hey everybody, I've been lurking for a while but thought I'd introduce myself!

This place really is a wealth of knowledge, thanks to everybody who contributes to this site!

I'm looking around now for a Hublot Big Bang as my first rep (I feel like this is just the tip of the iceberg because I have my eyes on PAMs, IWCs as well as Vacherons haha).

Currently tossing up between these two at InTime:
http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=954
http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=957

Open to suggestions for better quality reps out there if they exist!

Also wanted to hear from other Australian members, have you had any issues with Australian customs?

Cheers!

Woohoo a fellow Melbournian!! Welcome to RWI!! :)

I'll let you know how Customs goes. My Sub-C is on its way from the US as we speak. Hopefully should be on a plane from San Francisco right about now. Or at least I hope so!!

As ALE mentioned, you can't go wrong with some of the Panerai reps. I'm already thinking about getting a PAM029 GMT for my next rep.

Or you could go the Sub route. Always a good starting point. There are some good quality Sub reps around :)

I'd be keen to know of a decent replica watch smith in Melbourne too.

Elysium

Horology Curious
21/7/14
Thanks RevoWution, good to see another Melbournian here too!

Eager to see pics when you do receive your Sub-C, did you purchase it from another member here?

To be perfectly honest Rolex is not quite to my taste (hope I don't get banned for that!) but maybe sometime down the track when I mature a bit and see the light haha. Definitely more into the Hublot and Panerais right now.

I'll ask around at work and see if I can get recommendations for good watch smiths here.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Welcome from Wisconsin!

RevoWution

2/9/14

Eager to see pics when you do receive your Sub-C, did you purchase it from another member here?

To be perfectly honest Rolex is not quite to my taste (hope I don't get banned for that!) but maybe sometime down the track when I mature a bit and see the light haha. Definitely more into the Hublot and Panerais right now.

I'll ask around at work and see if I can get recommendations for good watch smiths here.

Haha I was a lot like you a mere year ago, but then I went and proposed and will be getting married next month. I've always wanted an automatic watch, and also wanted something to wear on the day, so I went for the Sub-C. I didn't really like the Rollies to begin with as well, but they have really grown on me. Mind you, I would have gotten an Omega PO rep, but the reps don't seem to be as good as the Subs. A gen PO 8500 definitely tops my wishlist!!

Yup, I got the Sub-C off BK, one of the many TD's here (look for BK's Repertorium under the Dealers section). Went with his one because not only does he fix up some of the faults with the reps, but he switches out the movement and chucks in a genuine Swiss one. Plus, he literally answers every single question you have. Being a noob to the rep world, I'm surprised he hasn't cracked it at me yet!! :)

Elysium

Horology Curious
21/7/14
Congrats on the engagement and marriage!

I had a feeling that BK might have been the TD here but was a bit unsure because you mentioned your watch was being shipped from the States and I had assumed that TDs were usually Asian based. Does he get watches from his sources in China, mod the watches and then sell them himself?

Can I just ask what method of payment you used? Been reading here that many TDs won't accept Paypal from first-time buyers and noobs, I was really hoping to use Paypal when I made my first purchase.

RevoWution

2/9/14
Cheers man!! Time's creeping up fast!! Haha.

BK gets his watches from China like all the other TD's, but he personally strips them down and mods up in the US. He's based in Cali I think. A top bloke no doubt. Among other things, he fixes the date wheel and overlays on his Subs (so the dates are properly centered), re-glues the cyclops date magnifier (they're crooked direct from China sometimes), and most importantly switches the movements to a guaranteed Swiss ETA or Swiss Sellita.

I had to use Western Union (he used to accept PayPal), which definitely doesn't feel as secure as PayPal, but it was a pretty straightforward process. You wire the money via credit card to a Western Union branch, where the seller can pick up the money in whatever currency you guys agreed on (USD in BK's case). The money is sent to his assistant in China though, which seemed shifty at first (for US tax purposes maybe? Lol), but BK was quick to confirm the money had been received (Sunday Cali time), and my watch promptly sent out Mon Cali time.

If you're after Panerai reps, he has both the PAM111 and PAM029 GMT available in his section, which he guarantees Swiss movements too :)

Xjzha1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/11/14

Hello,
From Melbourne here too and got a PAM243 noob v2 ordered [emoji1] just wondering if you got anything on a good watch Smith here in Melbourne yet? Thx