• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gold Retainer for my TT(thanks Rudy40)

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Let me tell you guys with plans of purchasing a gold bezel ring from wso or ST, you better be ready for a fight or a pissed off modder! lol I remember when I built my TT and it was most def something that will stick out in your mind for long years to come...lol in fact it leaves emotional scares for at least a couple of years but me being forgetful of just how bad that experience was overtaken with desire when I pulled a gold retainer off of Rudy's wm9 while building his TT grail watch....well after fiddling around with watches last night Rudy gave me that beautiful retainer,,,,and what a gift its turned out to be..lol This evening after thinking about that retainer all day I decided to pull the other one and make the swap.....let me be sure to remind you guys that are wanting a gold bezel from wso or St again,,,just one more time so it sticks...that is the most frustrating part to deal with ever made! those asshats should be mugged to death for making that thing too small! lol anyway after five grueling hours and a couple of for real come to Jesus moments the swap is complete.....ill get to the pics that are not complete btw and do not reflect nearly how difficult it is to actually make that gold bezel work with a rep retainer or gen or whatever! always a nightmare regardless of the combo,,,,but im very happy with the results....thanks again Rudy....

Here's the old one:

and the new one after mounting:

and a few shots of my baby after she's back together with her new gold thongs...lol

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
You deserve that retainer after 6 hours of building my LN and fighting with it!...lol
Your welcome my buddy!
By the way I want that SS retainer if that's the one you sanded a little for the WSO gold bezel ring? I know most of the sanding was done on the ring it self if I remember correctly? But I know you sanded a little on the retainer to! And any little help I can get when I go WSO bezel ring I will take..lol

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
you got it and that's exactly right, that retainer has hours of work in it to fit a wso or st 18k bezel ring and short of just cleaning the track in the ring its self,,its a dead fit,,all the work is done....

rsh

3/4/10
I dont get what was wrong with the old one?

mitchbaria

15/10/12
This is def a terrible sickness! all that just for something that cant be seen,,,lol but for some reason it makes me feel good knowing its there!

mitchbaria

15/10/12
its just gold for a TT rhs,,,,,I just wanted it...don't know why? cant see movements either,,that make me feel not quite as nuts,,,i don't think anyone would question installing a gen movement but as far as I can tell the Asian clone 2836 is just as good really..lol

onseki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/14
16613 fanatics are a strange lot... I can't think of any group aside from them who put such great care and love into their replicas, to the point that in many cases the only thing that's rep is the case itself.

I have no doubt that my first Gen will be a 16613. I don't see any point spending big boy money on anything less than the perfection that is the 16613.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
16613 fanatics are a strange lot... I can't think of any group aside from them who put such great care and love into their replicas, to the point that in many cases the only thing that's rep is the case itself.

I have no doubt that my first Gen will be a 16613. I don't see any point spending big boy money on anything less than the perfection that is the 16613.
The Pam nuts are just as crazy if not more so...[emoji3] [emoji15] [emoji51]