• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Waiting for my TC V6

bronica

Advisor
Advisor
6/5/12
TC himself actually mentioned the dial being off and If I remember correctly it does appear in some gens

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
yea. i saw that post.

its no big deal. its something only us rep geeks would ever notice.
overall, the watch is fantastic.

i do wanna put a non-cyclop crystal in this though.

anyone know if this clark one would work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231119733777

or should i just buy TCs?

i thought i found one with AR coating on it. that would be pretty cool.

i know, a gen crystal would make it "pop" but id rather not spend $300 bucks on a crystal at the moment.

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
I've received a gen insert I bought off eBay. Can anyone confirm it is actually a gen insert? The numbers look smaller than on the TC insert? Is that the tell? Lume colour is pretty accurate though not as strong as the TC insert, maybe because it's old.

538997976d66fd2aa3573749e60c6575.jpg

D

d4m.test

Damn. So I've ordered the wrong one.

Not necessarily. Flat 4 inserts are still period correct for a stock TC sub i believe. I think it looks gen. Maybe a picture of the other side? Specifically the back of the pearl?

-Posted from Tapatalk

flieger123

Renowned Member
7/2/13
Love my v6, ordered it they day TC announced them. It will be one year of ownership in December.
Some pictures I took on my recent trip. My v6 has been to three different continents in that time.
UELi9X0.jpg

CHsEaEV.jpg

alexfx71

Horology Curious
15/6/14
I have received submariner 16610 TC Caddell, the package with box anti shock, perfect watch, it works fine, and inside was attached detail measurements movement, all perfect, I am very satisfied, the wait has been rewarded. thanks thomas you are a true professional
feedback positive +++

bombardior

1/9/14
i dont want to bother TC so i figured this is the best place to ask.... does he give any sort of update at all such as if he has began working on your watch etc? i ordered one in early september, and the last communication i had was payment confirmation about 20 days ago. i'm certainly not thinking of emailing him to bother and ask but just wanted to know what everyone else's experience was. it'll just show up one day on your door step from what i've read, right? without him telling you that he has began work on it?

bc1221

30/4/14
i dont want to bother TC so i figured this is the best place to ask.... does he give any sort of update at all such as if he has began working on your watch etc? i ordered one in early september, and the last communication i had was payment confirmation about 20 days ago. i'm certainly not thinking of emailing him to bother and ask but just wanted to know what everyone else's experience was. it'll just show up one day on your door step from what i've read, right? without him telling you that he has began work on it?

you wont hear from him again.
he may shoot you a email with the tracking number. ive heard people have gotten those sometimes.
his quoted turnaround time is 30-45 days so youve still got some time.

i wouldnt bother emailing him. youre not really gonna get a answer you want because the only thing youll wanna hear is that its been shipped. :lol:

patience..

this is why a lot of people go for the M2M when they pop up.
thats how i got mine and honestly, it would be worth the wait even if i had to wait a year.
TC subs are amazing. the KH dial is a work of art.

i have a gen insert coming to me wed :D
im still not convinced itll makethat much of a difference so well see i guess. TC insert is pretty damn good.

wrath04

17/6/14

TC is a busy guy so I didn't contact him again until around the 60 day mark, just to check in. He replied and said it was already in the mail.

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
So for me step 1 was ordering the V6, that was done 5 weeks ago. Step 2 was ordering a gen insert, done that 5 weeks ago. Step 3 was waiting......but I couldn't just wait.
So I officially announce my new step 3:

IMG_4275.JPG

Now I am not sure about step 4: should I go for gen crystal with AR, or go for the Clark? Read good stories about the Clark crystal.
IF I am ordering the gen crystal, what is the correct code for the crystal with AR?

onseki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/14
Just about hit the 30 day mark myself. I think I have the emotional stability to wait another month! The more I look at pictures of the 116610, the more I hate it. I'm glad I spent the money on the highest quality 16610 possible. It's a work of beauty. I may actually consider financing a Gen if I like wearing the TC enough.

quik0222

Horology Curious
4/5/14
I have a TC v6 as well, and am considering a gen crystal with AR. Similar to Beone21's post, what would be the correct code for the crystal? Also, does anyone know where best to source one? I've looked at M2M time to time, but haven't seen it any available

bc1221

30/4/14
try the rolex forum

there was someone selling a few the other day.
not cheap though.

quik0222

Horology Curious
4/5/14
are there gen spec crystal w/ AR cyclops out there that might fit the v6? Also, is replacing the crystal a to-do on the v6? I've seen some posts where ppl put on a gen spec crystal, but does that just improve the date magnification? thanks again for any assistance!

bc1221

30/4/14
Magnification should be the same if you use the same gasket.

I believe the crystal on the newer subs with AR are the same size as the old ones without it.

AR on the cyclop looks cool and I've heard it's clearer than the TC crystal but if rather not pay $300 bucks to find out. Lol.

I went with a flat crystal. Not a fan of the cyclop

onseki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/14
Big fan of old plexis, and I was considering asking TC to assemble mine with one of the flat 2.0mm crystals instead of the 1.8mm cyclops one. He offers both on his parts list. It shouldn't take any longer for him to make it with one, but I didn't feel like asking.

bc1221

30/4/14
the 2.0mm flat crystals TC uses are apparently the wrong for subs.

idk. ive got a clark 25-295 crystal on the way. 1.8mm thickness.

it was $20 bucks. figured id give it a shot.

if i was ordering from TC, id just go with the standard cyclop crystal.
those are usually harder to get right aftermarket than a flat crystal and TC's is pretty nice.

plus, changing the crystal on a TC is pretty easy.