• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW Pam360 v4 opinion

paneristi351

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/14
Dear mates,

How do you think of KW new released Pam 360 v4?
I'd like hear your comment before pull the trigger.

From my point, the dail is as good as previous ver; the DLC colour is also a little gray; the CB font is also thicker and more gen like.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Dear mates,

From my point, the dail is as good as previous ver; the DLC colour is also a little gray; the CB font is also thicker and more gen like.
I would get one myself if the case color is correct..

D

d4m.test

Dear mates,

i recommend the PAM360 offered for $180 by Sead. It is made from KW parts with an undecorated movement. The fit and finish of the case is very, very nice. The PVD finish is nicely executed. It doesn't appear oily like some of the noob or H factory PVD I have seen. The dial is near perfect with the major difference to gen being the application of the sausage Lume. Crown, crown guard, caseback are all top tier. My main issue with it is the location of the lug holes.

For the price you cannot lose.

paneristi351

22/1/14
Thanks for your great input.
Yes, my major concern is also the matt black DLC coating.

i recommend the PAM360 offered for $180 by Sead. It is made from KW parts with an undecorated movement. The fit and finish of the case is very, very nice. The PVD finish is nicely executed. It doesn't appear oily like some of the noob or H factory PVD I have seen. The dial is near perfect with the major difference to gen being the application of the sausage Lume. Crown, crown guard, caseback are all top tier. My main issue with it is the location of the lug holes.

Perry

12/5/07
The best case color is the h factory 360. Nice dark gray color maybe a tad too light but much better than all the others that are close to black.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The best case color is the h factory 360. Nice dark gray color maybe a tad too light but much better than all the others that are close to black.

KW last V4 version is supposedly the same as previous versions but with corrected colour

KW previous versions were too darker, but if KW has corrected DLC colour to lead pencil, as they are saying in KW catalogue, this watch could be as accurate as H maker or even better.
We cannot know it from pics, therefore we would need to wait for owners comments

Another thing to be confirmed is if KW is using the last version of Luminor case 44mm used in Boutique or an old version of the case

As said by Grim, if the colour is good , the main issue would be the position of Lug screw holes

KW dial is most likely the best available for this rep

ALE

paneristi351

22/1/14
KW's dail layout is best.

The case set seems like previous V2, not as good as Noob, but still acceptable.

The main concern is DLC coating is still not as oily as noob from the pic.

KW V4 or noob? It's a dilemma to me:woo:

jackcfk

Known Member
9/9/13
Would like to add that the one from Sead has a blue tinged AR, but nevertheless an excellent buy. Bought one meself :)

D

d4m.test

Ooo, yes the blue tint AR is kind of annoying. This can be removed in 30 minutes, or swapped out for $30 (jacksonTse). As far as the PVD color... I can tell you the Sead watch I have is VERY nice. Better than previous versions of KW, noob, or H Fac.

Here it is next to my 028A with OEM coating. This is very hard to capture because the shade goes from gray to black depending on the angle. I would call this a half shade to a shade darker than the OEM coating, but still shows up as gray in indoor light.
4E0CC448-7228-4F10-8E3E-527318D4A065-14165-00000ABE97C74451_zps5ac110ca.jpg

CC4E3C8B-E14B-41EF-9DCE-8583589857C5-14165-00000ABE9B0AA7E1_zpsf5d1bd31.jpg

Polebear

Known Member
10/1/13

I got one from sead as well, like it as wel, case very nice, the dial is good to, but i thing that bothers me is the font of the lettering: i think it is way to small, compared to other pam's (gen and rep luminors). Bothers me even more than the blue / purple AR. Do you agree?

TerraZ-

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/10/14
Any update on this one (maybe someone who ordered it already?). The CP looks indeed a too big from the pictures..

Sirlordcomic

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/8/14
I got one from sead as well, like it as wel, case very nice, the dial is good to, but i thing that bothers me is the font of the lettering: i think it is way to small, compared to other pam's (gen and rep luminors). Bothers me even more than the blue / purple AR. Do you agree?

Someone have pics of Sead's?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I think I'll just stick to my Davidsen. After all, what are the chances of running across anyone who even seen a gen let alone an actual gen.

Knifemaker

18/11/10
I picked up a 360 fro Sead recently. I was going to order his KW version, but he suggested the Noob, at almost the same price. It is very good looking!

Problem with it is that it is skipping like crazy when winding. It isn't' the Click. Seems to be a problem with the stem.

A real shame! Grrrrr!!!

Knife