• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first Asian import - Replicas Rolex Submariner 114060

Bumper_Morgan

Horology Curious
10/9/14
This is about my first purchase from Asia, so please refrain from flaming me off this planet for what I’m going to write:
Yesterday I received my first replica, a Submariner 114060, ordered on 7 September from Trusty Time.
Yes, I have read about TT, Andrew, cartel etc. on this board, but I hadn’t when I placed the order.
He was recommended to me by a member of our local watch roundtable, so I followed what sounded like good advice.

Communication with Andrew was flawless, before and during the purchase.
Any question I had was replied to on the same day.
Purchasing through his website was easy as was the addition of triangle shipping via the UK.
After three days, I received the QC photos which showed some minor flaws. I followed Andrew’s instructions as to how to show him what I didn’t like in the proposed watch and after two more days I received new QC photos which I approved.
I showed the proper patience regarding the trackability of the tracking number provided and after two days the shipment to the UK showed online. The triangle shipment worked very well, traceability was good throughout. The watch was shipped on 16 September and arrived at my doorstep on 23 September.
Pretty good, I’d say.

Upon arrival, I inspected the package: the watch itself was wrapped all around in clear foil, protected by bubblewrap inside a tape-sealed styrofoam box. The box bore my name and address and was wrapped in brown packing paper with the address sticker.

Since I’m new to all those “Ultimatesâ€, “Noobsâ€, “Superclones†etc., I can’t tell you who the actual manufacturer of this watch is. It looks pretty darn close to the original.
The movement was running when I unpacked the watch.
The crown can be screwed out and in very smoothly. In Position 1 it hand-winds the movement, pulling it out into Position 2 for setting the time is a little rough, but manageable.

Can’t say much about accuracy of the movement on the wrist, but on the time scale it showed 8 seconds gaining per day.
Andrew says they waterproof this watch to 30 Meters. I’ll talk to my watchmaker if a better rating can be attained.

The overall look and feel of the watch is pretty good. I’ve seen worse from brands like Casio, Seiko and Citizen.
From what I have read on this board, TT is not the cheapest bidder, but I can’t help that since the purchase was made before I read up.

Altogether, buying from Andrew has been a positive experience. Communications was flawless, technically, the purchase from his website and the Paypal payment worked very well, the shipping was good and fast, considering it had a short stay in the UK before moving on to Germany.
The product seems solid.
Nothing to complain about, really.

Here’s the watch in a wristshot.
Enjoy!

madmex

Known Member
22/8/06
BP is decent but sometimes has hit or miss quality issues. It produces many quality reps. The other reps are Noob and JF and Z and ZF and V6F and they are also very good.

centrum

27/7/14
Congratulations on your first rep. I recall my first day with replica watches and I was in awe. Their quality is really good for +$200.
I had the same watch as yours, 114060 from BP factory. It was the best 114060 before the Noob version recently came out. The bracelet and the clasp of this watch is not so good, so if you feel like upgrading your watch, you should consider going with Noob version.
BP factory makes high quality reps as othet big rep factories. I have been satisfied with BP products so far.

D

d4m.test

Can someone show me where the M2M threads are? been trying to find for days haha

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Can someone show me where the M2M threads are? been trying to find for days haha

The M2M section is for VIP members only so it is not visible to you. We have a Replica sales section also, but you may not be able to see that right now because you have 2 accounts, that's why your name is teal in color if you notice. You need to contact one of the moderators to get that straightented out.

Bumper_Morgan

Horology Curious
10/9/14
Thanks a lot for your comments.
It seems that I have not chosen badly re. realism and quality.

Bumper_Morgan

Horology Curious
10/9/14
After one week of wearing the Sub on a daily basis day and night, I can report that the movement has gained exactly 8 seconds since I set the time last Monday evening. It may gain some during the day and lose some during the night.
Overall, that's not too bad, I'd say.

egroegart

1/7/13
Yah, that's great actually. you're lucky to find a gen watch that accurate. Just a quick question. do you plan on diving with this watch? I mean 30 meters is a pretty deep dive. I know guys on here that dive, but that's some pretty deep diving if you're planning that deep of dives.

D

d4m.test

Congrats on the no-date sub, actually it´s quite good and I do like the BP-dials. Imo no need to upgrade as long as no version with a new and better ceramic insert comes along. Time-keeping is very fine on Yours.

about water-resistance: actually for light swimming 30 meters is enough but just for snorkelling 50 meters would already be recommended:
[h=3]The Water Resistant Ratings To Always Check[/h]
Water RatingDefinitionSuitable ActivitiesUnsuitable Activities
IPX7Withstands incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutesIndoor/outdoor use in the presence of rain, snow or brief splashes of waterAny immersion of more than 1 meter, regardless of duration of immersion, or any immersion of more than 30 minutes, regardless of depth of immersion
1 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 10 metersImproved resistance to rain, snow and splashesShowering, swimming and water-related activities
3 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 30 metersShowering, rain, snow, splashes and accidental immersionSwimming and water-related activities
5 ATMWithstands pressures equivalent to a depth of 50 metersSurface swimming, snorkeling and similar activitiesHigh speed watersport surface impact may exceed this rating (ex. wipeout during motorized water sports)

Bumper_Morgan

Horology Curious
10/9/14
Thanks, all.
Actually, I don't plan on taking the Sub diving, but I just want to find out how waterproof it could get without major changes.
In many watch circles, the Asian watches enjoy a dubious reputation for being cheap and unreliable.
I'd like to find out if this is true for my Sub or if it is better than the image of a replica.

egroegart

1/7/13
well, I think as a whole by outsiders Replicas are and always have been looked down upon as inferior and of bad quality. In my opinion the watch you have there like Daywatch said is excellent. sure the noob version may have some points that are a little better but you have a fine watch there that should be very reliable for a long time to come. Reps have changed drastically over the last 10 to 15 years in quality. Simply put imo I think they are just amazing. I'm strictly talking the mid to upper level reps. Of course there are still the cheapies that are made, and the quality of those are pretty bad overall. but when you get into the level of the watch you just bought the quality is very good. I think you will be very happy with it. the movement is a great movement and is very reliable, and as far as the looks of it. I doubt anyone you meet will ever know it's a rep. that's how good the details are. Honestly the people that would know it's a rep are us, because we know what to look for, and what's the likelihood of meeting one of us? lol. The other thing I've found to be true in a lot of cases is that most gen owners have no idea what they are looking at. So even they wouldn't know that it's a rep. My dad is a great example of this. He likes Rolex because of the name. he had a gen datejust YG on a president bracelet for years. ended up and sold it a couple years back, and I bought him a rep of the same exact watch last year. He has no idea what the differences are. He thinks it looks exactly the same. Maybe side by side he might be able to pick out which one was the gen, but like other gen owners that we've seen he just likes it because of the name. he's never sat there and analyzed it compared to a gen to see what the differences are. It is a great rep for sure. and pretty spot on, but there are details that a gen just has that it doesn't have. but you have a great watch there, so enjoy it. and wear it proud.