• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just in: new batch ap ro 15400 *nitpicking*

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
So, after over a month of delays and really crappy QC I finally got my new watch!

I have a 15300 since before and the miyota dial is light-years better! Same goes for the overall finnish of the watch. But then the nitpicking begin, can't help it.

A few things that I noticed is that the seal around the watch is not pressed, can see "big" gaps when putting the watch on the side. So it doesn't do anything to keep water out.

The logo (dont know if this goes for all 15400) just have a tiny white line in the middle of the middle, instead of a long line to separate the A and P.

f5ff212aa769d3e215f12be3f6c768f7.jpg

One thing that really ticks me, is that you see the pattern of the dial through all text. It should be 1-2 layer thicker so the texture beneath doesn't bleed through.

Also noticed that it is impossible to screw in the crown the whole way. Have a 1-2mm gap.

Will post more details and photos when I have gotten more time with the watch (pun intended)!

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
1. 15400 is not recommended for any water activity even like washing dishes.
2. This is miyota version, thats y got small line on AP logo between A and P which appear on gen too.
3. This junk is not comparable to gen, refer to ur statement above.

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
The AP logo well.. looks a little misaligned. Nice watch tho

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
He's right though. You seem like a little twat. Go save money and buy a gen if you cry about this.
You really don't get it why I took the time to post initially?

A lot of people is writing about the AP ro 15400 and saying it's perfect and nothing need to update and so on. Others ask what to look out for when buying and so on. I could have written all good, love the watch and posted a wristie and that's it. But would it have given any knowledge to this forum and the members?

I did say I love the watch, dial is great and it's light-years better than my 15300. But by actually pointing out the flaws others can take them into consideration and it's also more stuff to compare against new versions.

You might get the feeling that I am a twat Jong, but at least I don't act like one.. Why do you guys even go into a thread with *nitpicking* in the title and then cry about me picking at some flaws to give others more information before they buy? I love the watch even if it got these and other flaws, but I still want to contribute to the forum with the information.

These rep forums should be a platform to spread information and the joy about this hobby, but the attitude you have really screws that up. I really hope you will think about what kind of environment and information these forums would have if everyone behaved like you..

ariffza

Known Member
20/11/11
To be fair, this is one watch that will never be perfected. NEVER. That's why many on the forum here is happy with it already. The OP should be too as that is a good sample that you got there. I've seen worst samples with crooked markers.

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
To be fair, this is one watch that will never be perfected. NEVER. That's why many on the forum here is happy with it already. The OP should be too as that is a good sample that you got there. I've seen worst samples with crooked markers.
In each post i have said that I'm really happy with it. I bring up the flaws in case anyone would care about them and to add to this forums knowledgebase about this model.

I know that no reps will ever be perfect for this kind of money, no need to kick in an open door. But I rather know the flaws of each model before I for example decide between buying the BP or Zfac 15400.

D

d4m.test

The AP logo looks (quite slightly) twisted on this one as well, typical for the running Myota batch (have seen dozens of really bad ones either logo or 12 markers or both).
Screw-in crown and "big" gaps on the seal: this varies and I´d dare say specific to the one You have, bad qc and negligence from the factory.
In direct comparison imo the AP diver is the (much) better watch but I still love the 15400 and am glad to be able to at least try it out because at the gen pricetag I´d have at least 10 preferences before buying it in gen-territory. The 15400-rep I only use it with long sleeves. Some Panerai could be what You are looking for:)

If You didn´t read it already here´s the gen vs. BP-rep comparison: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=160326&highlight=15400+silver to highlight differences.

The only difference I do make out is that my BP (bought just before the Myota came out) is a little thicker, otherwise it works perfect with the stated swiss ETA (+- 2 sec in 3 days) and the screw goes in perfectly. Don´t take it for swimming but can run it under the faucet.
AP_0419.jpg

apb_1779_zps4183e6d9.jpg

AP_1785c_zps0e9e6304.jpg

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
Thank you Daywatch for bringing something to the discussion!

I have read all topics (for the last couple of years) about the ap ro in 5 different forums, but thanks for the link! ;-)

The slightly tilted logo doesn't actually bother me at all, but the printed text that is way to weak and bleeding through the texture from the dial is really stinging me..

I had to reject 2 watches before this one with really stupid production faults. Like some areas that they had forgot to polish, and a case where the top and bottom was heavily unaligned.

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
My biggest reason for picking this version was because it seemed to have a better sheen on the dial, and it looks amazing! With my 15300 it was impossible to get a nice sunburst effect, with this one I have it almost all the time! :-D

jes007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/14
To op, i appreciate that you mentioned the crown gap flaw. Dont let other members discourage you from bringing it to our attention. The whole joy of this rep game is to see improvements with watches and not to be content with flaws. If the members here are happy with flaws, then they can go to chinatown and pick up some cheap watches for $50 and call it a day. I dunno why ppl love to argue so much here.

To add to the flaw list is that the hour markers are wrong as well lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

Thank you Daywatch for bringing something to the discussion!

I have read all topics (for the last couple of years) about the ap ro in 5 different forums, but thanks for the link! ;-)

The slightly tilted logo doesn't actually bother me at all, but the printed text that is way to weak and bleeding through the texture from the dial is really stinging me..

I had to reject 2 watches before this one with really stupid production faults. Like some areas that they had forgot to polish, and a case where the top and bottom was heavily unaligned.

Thanks, Your quote on the text "bleeding through" actually catched my attention and took a thorough look (without lupe yet) as it´s on the wrist since the 13th Sept anyway. On my BP from what I make out there are actually cutouts or recessments on the dial - at least for the "Audemars Piguet", (think for the "automatic" as well) and the text is below/behind so no tapisserie shines through. The small swiss made at 6 couldn´t figure it out yet.
Which text do You mean exactly - all of them?

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
Thanks jes007, good to hear that I'm not alone! ;-)

The reason I even started this is because I didn't buy this watch until now because of the faulty hour hands and fat lume. I then decided I could live with it, but didn't know about the bad print or crown. Didn't see it coming up in discussions and saw nothing of it in my QC pictures, so thought it was good to bring attention to (for the ones that care about) it.

KarakDrazh

2/12/12
The print is directly on the Tapisserie, so you see that pattern through both the Audemars Piguet and automatic text. The print have exactly the same texture as the dial, instead of a flat print. The White color is also pretty weak, so I get the feeling they where supposed to add a second layer to get it even and more white (or they just used to little "ink" the first time).

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I believe RWI is up to 100,000 members now....and I'm sure you know there are other rep forums out there. I have personally witnessed how far reps have come up in quality, from my very first one purchased nearly 20 yrs ago up to now...the quality has risen exponentially...For the TD's and their sources, their goal is to sell us watches. For guys like us, our goal is to buy the best quality watches at the best price. When they come out with a watch that addresses the "flaws" discussed in a thread like this, they sell more ..... and you know the TD's are in tune with that. The spirit of the OP's thread, as I see it, is "I really like my watch, but it could be taken to the next level if A, B, and possibly C were addressed".... nothing wrong with that type of discourse, imho... Hopefully, the right people who can make the difference in bringing about these POSITIVE changes will hear about these issues and take action....there are THOUSANDS of customers ready to buy!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Karakdrazh, I for one appreciate your "nitpicking".. it cetainly helps those of us looking to buy the Miyota 15400 do so with wide open eyes and more discernment.
Afterall, who does not like to see a replica that is very close to that legendary 1:1 grail? I honestly do but I know that no rep is perfect.
So thank you, and do keep up the nice work. :)

Reactions: Allure

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
You really don't get it why I took the time to post initially?

A lot of people is writing about the AP ro 15400 and saying it's perfect and nothing need to update and so on. Others ask what to look out for when buying and so on. I could have written all good, love the watch and posted a wristie and that's it. But would it have given any knowledge to this forum and the members?

I did say I love the watch, dial is great and it's light-years better than my 15300. But by actually pointing out the flaws others can take them into consideration and it's also more stuff to compare against new versions.

You might get the feeling that I am a twat Jong, but at least I don't act like one.. Why do you guys even go into a thread with *nitpicking* in the title and then cry about me picking at some flaws to give others more information before they buy? I love the watch even if it got these and other flaws, but I still want to contribute to the forum with the information.

These rep forums should be a platform to spread information and the joy about this hobby, but the attitude you have really screws that up. I really hope you will think about what kind of environment and information these forums would have if everyone behaved like you..

I truly enjoyed your constructive criticisms. Cheers

Sent from Tapatalk