• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

my new 5513 says hello!!

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
I can stare at this all day. I wish there would be a decent affordable midcase. (and no one even mention Cartel... I said DECENT! lol)

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
I can stare at this all day. I wish there would be a decent affordable midcase. (and no one even mention Cartel... I said DECENT! lol)
Like this ;)
f56d83f4f28d04d6f3334da43a1811e1.jpg

moodyticker

Known Member
1/3/13
Beautiful 5513, i'm really up for one of these right now and thinking of going gen to tie in with a birthyear piece. congrats on your build.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Old 5513 MBW case, thinned case, CG's shaved
Clark bezel assembly
Swiss ETA 2879 slowbeat movement
Gen 5513 glossy SWISS-T<25 dial
Gen Bezel insert
Gen 25-19 service plexy
Gen 703 vintage Crown & Tube
Gen Tudor Hand set

im pretty sure ;)

Bingo!!

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
My old watch ;)

did you polish the Plexi?

only things that bothered me were the dial rotated slightly to the left and the 7 o'clock lughole...

it's a beautiful watch - wear it well my friend

mrtoulouse

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/5/13
Sorry guys for the late feedback. Been very busy the last days with my masters dissertation. Anyways - yes Ezio got it right. Only department is gen bezel, gen end links and the very worked rep bracelet. I also rebrushed the case and lugs and spent some serious time getting the dial perfectly centered - and yes, plexi has been polished as well - much clearer now and has that lovely sheen that only a plexi can give in sunlight. The watch was great when I got it, but I do believe it is near perfect now :D

Thanks to all for your inputs and thoughts. So far it looks like a keeper, and only thing to add now is a gen bracelet or perhaps just a clasp.

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Great build...The one thing that threw me off is the distance from the outer edge of the bezel in relation to case (specificly where the tube goes). There is a small flat spot or ledge that is seen with Yuki cases. I guess the gen bezel is slightly smaller or different profile than an MBW.

MSAMatt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/12/14
sorry to bump an old thread, but I just have to say that this is amazing.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
sorry to bump an old thread, but I just have to say that this is amazing.

Nice bump, but damnit, all this vintage stuff is making me want to spend money. I just found out my birth year watch would be a red submariner 1680. But I don't really dig the top hat look of the acrylic crystal.....

and there's an MBW run on now.... maybe I'll just see if the tophat crystal grows on me.

droptopman

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/14
Nice bump, but damnit, all this vintage stuff is making me want to spend money. I just found out my birth year watch would be a red submariner 1680. But I don't really dig the top hat look of the acrylic crystal.....

and there's an MBW run on now.... maybe I'll just see if the tophat crystal grows on me.

You can put a dome on those. Seen plenty of reds with them. Much prefer the dome look on them personally, same for a 1675. Sooner or later I will source a t-38 for my GMT.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
You can put a dome on those. Seen plenty of reds with them. Much prefer the dome look on them personally, same for a 1675. Sooner or later I will source a t-38 for my GMT.

maybe thats why I've seen some with a seadweller dial??? a sub date without a cyclops would be strange.