• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

So much has changed

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
Haven't been around in some time. Have since retired from the Marine Corps. Anyhow, the changes are substantial. When I was posting actively, Swiss 2836-2 movements were the norm. What's happened? Also, my post count was wiped out. Lol! That's what I get for not coming around in 8 years..

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Welcome back,,, you can be gone a month and upon return everything looks different...

NaviChief

I'm Pretty Popular
30/8/06
Welcome back knothead. Looks like we joined pretty close to each other! Welcome back, alot has changed, some are still the same. Just don't look for DrmMaster!

Also, thank you for your Marine service. Best of luck to you.

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Welcome back sir. I guess many threads were deleted and that´s why your post count. I was also registered since the very beginning 2006 but than had to register again. Time flies, it´s been 8 years...

D

d4m.test

Lol I'd imagine lots has changed. From some of the other old timers stories, I'd say that quality of watches shot up considerably, but so did price. Imho, price has shot up even more in my short 2.5 years here, but quality only marginally overall.

Now stop being such a noob and start reading. :p

-Posted from Tapatalk

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
10-4 Rahji Sanjhanni, the watches are better for sure. The ETA company declining to be a 3rd party ebauche supplier pretty much forced the hand for Chinese movement makers to build an ETA clone. Sellita did the same thing. You have no choice but to read, post, reply and chat with us in the box to even get a sniff of what's happening today. Between 4 boards there over 100,000 members now. Lemme repeat, 100,000 members now. Let that soak in a bit.

Welcome back knothead

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
When I was posting actively, Swiss 2836-2 movements were the norm. What's happened?

At least we thought many of them were Eta movements as the clone movements were starting to attack in a big way. Sorry about all of your posts but nice to see you around again.

D

d4m.test

Welcome back man! That's a long while.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
You'll find a lotta love for watches!! Forum is loaded with info of all kinds .. Enjoy!!

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
Welcome back,,, you can be gone a month and upon return everything looks different...

Thank you! And wow, I've been gone so long, I don't recognize the movements being used. The 2836-2 stuff I know,,and have several.

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
Welcome back knothead. Looks like we joined pretty close to each other! Welcome back, alot has changed, some are still the same. Just don't look for DrmMaster!

Also, thank you for your Marine service. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Chief! Btw, living near Jacksonville, FL, I have two Navy bases close. Friend of mine is a Master Chief.

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
Welcome back sir. I guess many threads were deleted and that´s why your post count. I was also registered since the very beginning 2006 but than had to register again. Time flies, it´s been 8 years...

I had a few hundred posts. Everything gone. Oh well, I look forward to newer, quality reps that, of course, are even closer to genuine.

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
Lol I'd imagine lots has changed. From some of the other old timers stories, I'd say that quality of watches shot up considerably, but so did price. Imho, price has shot up even more in my short 2.5 years here, but quality only marginally overall.

Now stop being such a noob and start reading. :p

-Posted from Tapatalk

been reading. And yes, I've noticed the quality has made extensive progress. Gotta love that! And thanks!

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
10-4 Rahji Sanjhanni, the watches are better for sure. The ETA company declining to be a 3rd party ebauche supplier pretty much forced the hand for Chinese movement makers to build an ETA clone. Sellita did the same thing. You have no choice but to read, post, reply and chat with us in the box to even get a sniff of what's happening today. Between 4 boards there over 100,000 members now. Lemme repeat, 100,000 members now. Let that soak in a bit.

Welcome back knothead

Damn, that's growth!! Was a small club back when. I did two tours in Iraq, and after coming "home," just lost touch. Found a very evil "friend" called alcohol... Doing tremendous now! Will be reading much more than posting. Just wanted to personally thank those welcoming a knot head watch head back. Lol! (Got the name knot head after not snapping Kevlar, it coming off, and debris wearing me out-mildly, just minor ear issues.) And thanks bro!

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
At least we thought many of them were Eta movements as the clone movements were starting to attack in a big way. Sorry about all of your posts but nice to see you around again.

No worries re the old posts. I'm going to read up on the new stuff a good bit more than post, but will be more active, as "he's back." Lol
And thanks!

knothead

Known Member
29/4/06
You'll find a lotta love for watches!! Forum is loaded with info of all kinds .. Enjoy!!

Am extremely impressed with the progress into quality, and variety! Very nice! Half of my iPad's bookmarked numerous threads, lol! And looking at the hour, I realize what an idiot I am for making a grades promise with my Son-16 yrs old. He's maintained a 4.0, and since I lost guessing 3.75, he wants to upgrade from the iPhone 3 (is old, and "uncool"), to iPhone 6. Yes, I'll have plenty of time to read, as in 45 minutes, I'll be taking a number in the verizon parking lot for that new phone. Waiting 2.5 hrs for an ignorant phone... Thank God I work from home. In 42 years, I've never done anything like this! In high school, friends camped for concert tickets, but a phone?? Just damn! :( lol
Thanks for the welcome back. Have time to read.. Lol