• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Chicago! Great Forum! Got few questions)

Supinman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/14
Hello Everyone!!!

I'm new to this site, but I've been on and reading different threads for 3 days straight...Love it! This is a great community and the knowledge base is wonderful. I personally would never even look at Reps or get on the forum, if I had not seen a Panerai that my friend has gotten with the help of you guys). I had owned a Gen Pam 88 in the past and was really amazed by the quality, weight, and detail of my friend's Rep. I currently own 2 Gen watches: a Hublot Big Bang Black Magic with Ceramic bezel, and a Rolex GMT II.

Recently I met with my watch dealer and he was wearing a gen AP Royal Oak Offshore 44mm stainless steel with ceramic bezel. I tried it on and fell in love with it, but just could not swallow the discounted $22k price tag at this time... So decided to look here and found lots of info on this model AP. I'm currently looking at 2 sellers:
1. Intime.co which is referenced in some threads as a good seller, and everyone seams very comfortable with this site;
2. watchesyoga.net ??? They have the same AP Royal oak offshore SS with ceramic model listed at 189USD, and this price seams 3x lower than in some of the discussions here.

I'm green at buying a good Rep, but I would like to have a good experience, and to buy more in the future!) Does anyone know or has purchased form watchesyoga.net before? Could someone recommend where/who I should buy from, and best way to proceed?

Thank you in advance for your help!:rolleyes:

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Welcome from Australia!

Good to see you've been reading, this hobby is indeed one of the most research intensive ones if you want what's best. A really quick blurb of how you should approach rep buying would be to use the resources on the forum to find what rep you want. It gets confusing when you get all these different factories/makers with all their different names and each having their own pros and cons, but once you've done your research here, and are confident in what you want to get, head over to the trusted dealers section. They're trusted for a reason, having been vetted by staff members and the community over many many transactions. Read the reviews and such, find a dealer you're comfortable with and proceed with your purcahse.

Most newbies tend to get stuck into the idea that dealers make reps - they don't. They're just the middleman to the factories who you've been doing research on. It's because of this incorrect assumption that leads people to scam sites like the one above. Just because a dealer doesn't have a rep on their site, doesn't mean they can't get it for you. Think of websites as an incomplete catalogue, and the forums as an objective and comprehensive library.

Imo I would hold off your purchase for now and keep on reading so you'll avoid disappointment as you start to appreciate and understand the expectations of the rep game. Happy hunting mate :)

Supinman

13/9/14
Ok mate! Thank you for your reply! Once I'm in the trusted dealer section, do I just PM one of the dealers?

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Ok mate! Thank you for your reply! Once I'm in the trusted dealer section, do I just PM one of the dealers?

No worries!

Email is the best way to go about it, you'll get faster replies there. They should have their email address somewhere in their section

Supinman

13/9/14
Thanks! Will definitely check out the PAMs, although AP is my first target!:boxing:

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Before you'll pull the trigger on any of the dealers, please take time to read their feedback in the Trusted Dealers and Supporting Vendors sections. They are trusted for a reason, with great feedback and great customer feedback. In time (haha Ryan) you might even establish a trusty relationship with them apending sufficient amount of money.
Jokes aside, its a great place to be so welcome to the forum! Read, learn, buy reps and have fun. And of course, don't forget to become a VIP pretty soon.
Fellow Chicagoan.

Supinman

13/9/14
Thanks, Fellow Chicagoan! Agree with the "appending sufficient amount of money" comment because I tend to get a little trigger-happy sometimes, and I am already looking at the second piece that I will get. I've alsolooked into the VIP membership by browsing through the FAQ and rules sections of the forum, and will definitely become a VIP member. Great info.

RevoWution

2/9/14
Welcome to RWI :)

The trick with this hobby is the more you read, the better your chances of getting the best out of your hard earned money.

D

d4m.test

Hi and welcome to the hobby. Forget the Yoga of watches - it´s either a not-so-good quartz-version or a straightout scam-site. Intime is fine to go with and better even with AP´s so choose one of his offerings. You could say that - as with gens - AP chronos are a bit more expensive to own than others - You might to need to invest some more than the purchasing cost to review the movement, put some better ar-coating on it, get another and better strap, sometimes lume it if You want to and that´s about it. With the diver You also get a fantastic watch. After owning the first everything written on the forum gets more comprehensive and understandable, so just plunge right in and get one, if one certain model is not available right now another will be. Have fun - and please post some pics once You have it.

Supinman

13/9/14
Thanks Daywatch. Doing a wire for a AP ROO 44mm SS today. Already have a second pice in mind once this one gets to me... Pics are definitely coming!)