• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deceived by Pure Time on first order...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PURE TIME

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
got my refund...finally...
I just got back on here and read all the comments. You all said I was acting immature, yet a Moderator calls me an asshat. **** you all, especially the moderators. All forums are like this, moderators trying to control things, because they are dicks. I will buy as many reps or gens as I please and wont use Puretime because they are dishonest fucktards.
Lol at "moderators trying to control things." That's their ******* job clown.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Nah.....we're just here to look pretty mate.
GQ5.gif

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
WHAT IS UP with all these fricking crazies lately !?

jpohl402

10/7/12
Is it silly? Lol! I guess for you it is. But for most of us who love watches its not. And we've made alot of friends as a result of this hobby, so dont belittle us or insult us.

This

Finally, When I read his final post: I literally laughed out loud! If I would have had a drink in my mouth it would have been spit all over computer. NOT because it was funny. But because it was so stupid, idiotic, immature, and WRONG in every regard, lol... WOW

rhaykal

Renowned Member
18/8/13
This

Finally, When I read his final post: I literally laughed out loud! If I would have had a drink in my mouth it would have been spit all over computer. NOT because it was funny. But because it was so stupid, idiotic, immature, and WRONG in every regard, lol... WOW

..........and seriously...you say NOT funny. I say f'in hilarious (but I agree with the rest of your assessment)

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I was just informed of this threads existence, and even though this matter is resolved (OP refunded and now banned from here) i feel i should still write a few words.

1. PT does not get involved in bait and switch tactics, this is the surest way to have your rep go down the toilet, very fast.

2. PT does not upsell... we do not charge extra for the movements. Example, movement upgrade costs you $150, it will also cost us $150 for the movement upgrade with the Maker. We make no profit on movement upgrades

3. I think what happened here is that either my Sales team gave him wrong stock status, or the Maker gave us wrong stock status, or from the point he enquired to the point he paid was enough time for it to go out of stock. Generally when you ask if something is in stock, pay for it that very day, that's the surest way.

4. I must apologize also, i have told my Billing staff many times to never send out WU or BT info to someone without them also stock checking first, but sometimes they still send out these infos and the watch is out of stock. This is not good, and i'm going to have some serious words with my Billing staff about this to improve this. On the one hand them also stock checking makes their job 100x harder, but it needs to be done.

Thank you to the guys who defended me here, apologies to OP (even though he won't read this) and i will address this with my Billing staff and strive to improve this aspect of PT, i know its not perfect, i will make it better!

jpohl402

10/7/12
..........and seriously...you say NOT funny. I say f'in hilarious (but I agree with the rest of your assessment)

Yes it was funny in that way. Hilarious actually, you are right. Though it was very wrong (obviously.)

What's up Angus, nice to see you here! :howdy:

10pm

Horology Curious
24/5/13
Dont do business with PT.
Are you crazy? In the rep world, angus is number#1:a's::a's:

Motoman4540

24/2/13
I don't know if banning the OP was the right decision . . . Can't we brand him with a scarlet ass or something, that shows up on his profile when he posts? Although clearly insulting to our board, our fine moderators and admin, sometimes those ignorant posts (which we all see for what they are) actually provide comic relief. I'm sure that if we left the OP to his own devices, he would have come up with even more imaginative, insulting and in their own way, comical, posts . . . Kind of like the imaginative responses we make when a noob asks "who has the best 1:1 rep," which I always laugh at! Something to consider . . . :pirates:

Blueinc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/14
I have to say this thread has been very informative. There are some great recommendations by the members of the forum, not to mention watching someone lose their cool.
I have been having difficulty with PT in terms of payments. They are not great at communication, especially getting the price correct nor letting you know what to expect. This forum truly eased my anxiety about the situation. At the same time, PT could definitely do a better job at walking new members through the process and what to expect.
Example: Placed order through website and BAM, error page while making payment via VISA. Then I get a call from my credit card company about a charge in china from a Women's Clothing Store and for a DIFFERENT AMOUNT. This should throw up RED FLAGS for anyone.

Lessons learned:
1. PT, you should let people know what to expect ahead of time, in terms of who will be charging the credit card.
2. PT, you should get your pricing correct. It was a difference of 40 dollars but there is no excuse for someone agreeing to a price and then placing their credit card information and then charging a different amount.
3. PT, your webpage shouldn't create error pages upon completion with credit cards. This was the first red flag and did not create a "warm & fuzzy feeling" when starting a transaction such as this.

4. On my side, I should have read more forums and wish that PT would post a PAYMENT thread so that people will know what to expect.

I am still in the middle of this process with PT. I have replaced my order and intending to pay via Western Union. I will be touching base with the credit card company to make sure PT refunds the original order.
KEEP YOU ALL POSTED.

Brandon (Tampa)

Blueinc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/14
Once I placed the order via WU, everything went smoothly. QC pics quickly followed, with some back & forth, then it shipped. I have the watch in hand and have to say I am pleased with the workmanship. My only concern has been the movement of the V6F Omega PO Sochi, which stutters in certain angles for 25% of the rotation. Avoid Miyota movements on such watches.

zerotera

Known Member
29/1/15
I asked for the upgrade for free since they did not have the one in stock I want (VERY typical in the business world in case you didn't know).

I didnt know. Seriously? I mean if they f-ed up real bad I would ask for some form of compensation. Furthermore it depends on the industry. What you are asking is mostly subject to hospitality industry.
Would you ask a BMW dealer who f-ed up to change your 3 series to 5 series? That would be just effing stupid.
We are in a rep world. Act accordingly guided by veteran users who commented here.

I now realise im about 6 month late with this reply :facepalm:

Capt. Obvious

5/5/13
I think it's admirable that PT took the time to reply, acknowledges shortfalls in the business and informs us of the intention to "strive to improve" these.

Isn't that the typical behaviour of a reputable business?

timeisbakyn

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/9/14
Honestly adbsdb, I would have just ordered another watch. I've learned to always email an exact picture of what you want and get an email saying they have it in stock.. or things like this happen. You may not like this, but this kind of falls on you for not understanding WU terms and conditions.

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
interesting ..
They seem to be having some growth issues on the communication side...
hope they can improve, but honestly at the end of the day, if they cannot get you your watch, money back in kind... cc to cc pp to pp, exceit they are not taking PP, and WU to WU...
I hate having to jump through hoops but Francis is there, but buys, if you need someone who( insert PC phrase here) understands... lol
Go get those watches!!!